X25 Review

manufacturer: Washburn date: 03/26/2007 category: Electric Guitars
Washburn: X25
Thrash, metal, rock and rage - this axe can play them all! If you want to shred like the best, this is the guitar you have been looking for. A H/S/H pickup configuration with a five position switch and tremolo gives you a wide range of metal rage. It is designed with Washburn's ever popular luscious Walnut finish and includes Grover style tuners.
 8.5
reviews (2) 3 comments vote for this gear:
X25 Reviewed by: T.S.R., on january 12, 2006

Features: This guitar is made of a beautiful walnut wood and has an awesome color, "the most beautiful guitar in the world," my 10 year old brother says. And the chrome dome knobs are a nice accessorie, and go really well with the finish. The frets are jumbo sized, perfect for metal and hard rock, and the headstock is black with a white Washburn logo and X-Series is painted on it on it. // 10

Sound: The sound of this guitar is mainly for metal and hard rock on the two humbuckers. The single coil is nice and warm on the clean Drive and awesome for blues on the overdrive setting. The best amp to use with it is probably a Randall 200 watt (what I use) and they are a perfect pair for metal. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar was well setup in the factory and the action was perfect for me, about 1/5 inch above frets, and the finish is amazing, high quality, Washburn truly does make the best! No flaws as far as I can see. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This guitar can take a beating, I've witnessed it first hand, due to stupid friends, and it can hold its ground as good as a rock. But the strap buttons ate kind of sketchy, change them for Dunlop StrapLoks. A very dependable guitar. // 10

Overall Impression: I play everything from metal to country to blues and back to hard rock, and this guitar is perfect for my wide variaty of styles. I have been playing for about a year, but this is my first guitar, I bought about a 3 months ago and it is perfect for intermediate players like me. I was using a Lyle hollowbody before I got it and this guitar is a million times better. Another great product from Washburn. // 10

X25 Reviewed by: TAN1357, on march 26, 2007

Purchased from: Music123.com

Features: The guitar I got is a X25FRWA, it's the same as a X25 except it has a licensed Floyd Rose. It has 24 jumbo frets, Groover 18-1 tuning heads, Double locking Floyd Rose licensed tremolo, a Humbucker/single/Humbucker configuration, 5-way selector switch, 1 tone and 1 volume knob. It has a basswood body, rosewood fingerboard and a bolt on neck. The only bad thing about the guitar is it has a "Licensed" Floyd Rose. Nothing happened to it so far but you just gotta be careful with the knife edges. // 10

Sound: I play all kinds music, from rock and metal to blues and country. This guitar fits them all. You can get a similar tone to a single coil from the bridge humbucker if you turn the treble all the way up and bass all the way done. I am currently using a Crate GX15 amp with a DODTEC 8 and a Boss MT-2 Metal Zone. The guitar is not noisy at all on the humbuckers but it gets noisy on the middle single coil pickup. With distortion, it is also really quiet but surprisingly gets noisy when you Switch to a bridge pickup and middle pickup combo or neck neck pickup and middle pickup combo or just the middle pickup. Other than that, it's perfect. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: I got it on a outlet deal from music123 and it was setup pretty good. I did not like it that much so I just lowered the action, set up the Floyd Rose and adjust the pickup height and that was it. My action is set to 1.9mm on the bass side and 1.6mm on the treble side which is very good for me. The finish is a dark cherry color which looks very nice and no flaws. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I played this guitar live 2 times and it was successful. I use locking straps from the begging so it did not fell yet. I do heavy Floyd stuff and it stays in tune. Sometimes if you divebomb too much, the tuning will go down like 4-5 cents and that's it. On both gigs I played without a backup and the guitar was perfect on both concerts, no backup needed. I would just advise you to keep good care of it, like wipe the dust off the fretboard, humbuckers and Floyd. // 10

Overall Impression: It is a perfect match for my style of music which are rock, metal, blues and country. I have been playing for 3 years and this guitar fits my playing very well. I love the Humbuckers and the Floyd Rose in this guitar, perfect combination. If it were stolen, I would take my Squier Strat from the basement and hit the thief in the head with it and take my guitar back. // 10

More Washburn reviews rating category latest review
+ XM-STD2 8.3 Electric Guitars 08/13/2014