HM4 Review

manufacturer: Westcoast date: 05/25/2007 category: Electric Guitars
Westcoast: HM4
Bolt-on construction, arch top, maple neck, rosewood fingerboard, scale length 648mm, radius 350mm, 24 frets, die-cast machine heads, vintage tremelo, chrome hardware, S-S-H pickups, 1 volume, 1 tone, 5-way lever switch.
 6.4
 4.8
review (1) 2 comments vote for this gear:
HM4 Reviewed by: Bongofdestiny, on may 25, 2007

Features: 24 frets, rosewood fingerboard. Thick varnish finnish. This came with a Gig bag (Stagg), strap (Stagg), cable (Stagg), Yamaha 10 watt amp, 10 plectrums, Yamaha tuner, for 180 quid I'm saying thumbs up! Has one humcucker and to single coil pickups has volume and tone controlls I am not sure of exact brands for the brige or wammy but it is only a Standard west coast I would assume it is west coast own manufactured. For the features I would say a best buy for first time guitar buyers and with correct strings, a good amp and mabie a pickup change would be more than ok to gig with a proffesional band. // 9

Sound: I would say this guitar plays better than a Gibson SG, a Jackson superlightweight and another random yammaha I picked up because of the elixir strings and brilliant humbucker I use a 40 watt JCM2000 DSL401 Marshall valve amp, any guitar sounds top notch through this. On clean sound could be ever so slightly better but still not bad at all mabie to trebley. // 7

Action, Fit & Finish: No flaws in manufacture pickups are fantastic for the price. has a black, gold, green colour merge amlmost tigerskin effect (very smart) Feels realy nice to play for the price range. Cmpared to a Strat definately a diferent league but, to be fair it's in a completely different price range. // 8

Reliability & Durability: Definatley does with stand Live playing and has. Hardware has lasted in pristeen condition. finish needs a right good nock to chip (I'll say nothing more about that incedent). I can depend on it but I'm thinking about upgrading to a Strat so I can use it as a backup for string breakage. // 8

Overall Impression: I play classic rock, metal and also abit of funk for fun, this guitar serves all purposes. I have been playing a year and a half now but playing has been helped by my drumming which I have played for 9 years. If stolen I would buy a Strat because my playing has imrpoved so much since I bought it. Favourite feature is the finish looks mental. I would say it is an underrated brand in my location around musicians I know. First review hope you UGers like I don't know weather anyone owns a westcoast these days apart from people shop at my music store. This guitar is a stonker for the price I was blown away when I put on some elixir strings and played it through a Marshall. // 8

Comments