E2000 Review

manufacturer: Westfield date: 12/13/2012 category: Electric Guitars
Westfield: E2000
This is a solid mahogany body electric guitar. Double cutaway with a fixed neck, two humbucking pick ups with three way selector switch. Extremely playable neck with easy access to the higher frets.
 Reliability & Durability: 6.8
 Action, Fit & Finish: 7.5
 Features: 8.5
 8.1
 7.8
 8.4
reviews (4) pictures (2) 12 comments vote for this gear:
E2000 Reviewed by: Sir Edwin CBE, on september 05, 2006

Features: This is a solid mahogany body electric guitar. Double cutaway with a fixed neck, two humbucking pickups with three way selector Switch. 23 frets. I got the black one with a gig bag, strap, cable, tuner, practice amp, beginners book, spare strings, spare plectrums for 150 from Rikki's Music Shop. The neck is fatter than a Strat but isn't a problem for me, the neck is also heavier but again, your mileage could vary. Overall a great deal. // 10

Sound: It can play heavy and clean and sound good playing both. It is much better compared to my sisters Fender Squier and is comparable to my friends' guitars (one is a Fender the other is a Paul Reed Smith) when we're all using the same amp and playing clean or heavy. Right now I'm into everything apart from metal and feel confident that my guitar could play it and sound great. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: It only needed tuned. The guitar was a replacement after the first one which had two loose tone controls. Likewise with the first one, no problems (apart from the controls). They might have some quality control problems or it could've been damaged in transit. // 8

Reliability & Durability: The guitar will withstand playing live and soon (if I can find the right people) will withstand live playing. I'd recommend getting strap clips as I've already damaged a strap practicing on my sisters Squier. I'd not have a backup for this guitar because I have yet to find a guitar that feels and sounds as good as this one. I've played Yamahas, Epiphones, Fenders and Paul Reed Smiths (and an unnamed Les Paul) and unless I'm playing topless (doubt it) then I won't have to worry about the comfort of the strap against bare skin. // 9

Overall Impression: It's a great guitar, it's a sexy piece of machinery and it sounds spectacular! I had to buy this on a budget (also needing to buy a PA system) so my original options were Yamahas and Epiphones until the Westfield caught my eye in the shop. I played it and thought it sounded great. After that I went online and sought out the best deal with a Westfield E2000 and ended up at Rikki's. The only regret I have is that I have to swap around cases when I'm gigging because the original case doesn't provide a lot of protection. // 9

E2000 Reviewed by: unregistered, on december 21, 2006

Features: I've no idea where it was made. Probably japan though. The guitar features a double cutaway SG style neck, which offers really easy access to the higher frets for those "out there" moments. It features a fantastically clean, sharp rosewood neck, and a double cutaway body, in the form of a Gibson SG. 2 good quailty humbucking pickups, with a 3 way selector switch (neck, neck and brigde, bridge). Tuners are die-cast metal, but their non locking, all the same, their pretty good. Quite light and delicate. I bought the guitar, with a Marshall MS2 mini amp, a cheap strap, and a load of plectrums. But overall, I'm happy. // 9

Sound: I play all sorts. From blues to hard rock. It doesn't so much suit the blues, but the pickups are fantastic for hard rock. Set on a clean channel, the neck pickup gives out a rich, bright tone, and the bridge pickup gives a more twanky, almost crunch tone. Used with the right amp, you can get some fantastic sounds out of it. Set on the overdrive channel, things start to get a bit messy. You can get some great power chords and the higher frets give out a fantastic sound, but strum the strings together on the lower frets, and you get quite a buzzy, sort of grainy tone. but that might just be my amp. However, it's great for AC/DC style riffs. Overall, quite a crunchy raw sound. The pickup quailtys surprising for the price I paid for the guitar. Their actually really good. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: The gutiar was set up pretty much perfect out of the factory. The bridge pickup needed a dust, and the tuners needed a bit of TLC, but other than that, the guitar was set up fine. Pickup adjust was great, as far as I can tell. Haven't really had any trouble with them. The only flaws I'll point out is that over a period of about 2 weeks, the tone and volume controls started to become very loose, not to the point of them falling off, but to the point where, you turn them to 10, but magically they can go past 10 until they finally stop. Doesn't effect the guitar though. Just a bit of a pain in the arse. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I'm not sure if I'd gig this guitar. I'd probably use it as a backup, but with another one to back it up too, just in case. I reckon it would withstand it though. Hardware seems rocksolid, apart fromt the controls. Strap buttons are pretty solid from what I can tell. The finish on the guitar is great. I got it in all black, and it looks really fantastic. A definate laster. // 9

Overall Impression: Again I play a range of styles of music. The only style I don't think it would fit would be metal and blues. Purley because the pickups aren't right. Other than that, this guitars pretty versatile. If it was lost/stolen, I'd probably look into getting another one. But for the money you pay it's a great guitar. Definate starter guitar. The thing that's great about it, is that it's so versatile. it's just brillaint. So in conclusion, it's really fantastic first guitar. Very versatile and good quailty pickups. For the price paid, fantastic value for money. it's also got the Gibson inlays, which in a way, complete it. // 9

E2000 Reviewed by: MattTravis, on december 22, 2009

Features: Made in 1996 in a guitar workshop in England somewhere, the thin necked 23 fret guitar with solid top seems to offer a good value product. Like the Gibson SG which mirrors this remake guitars properties, it has a very distinct sound. So is it better than other guitars. Well, it's good for playing rhythm heavy songs like, pretty fly for a white guy, but as no trembolo slot is built in, you cannot play any songs that have a high sounding note. Plus, playing a tapping song is made more difficult by the high gauge of the custom stirng which are nearly impossible to buy now, cheaply anyway. If you loose a string, you basically have to restring the whole guitar.The humbug pickups make it good for heavy metal anyway. Any tuner seems to work with it, but personally I've been using one made by Ibanez. // 7

Sound: Sadly its a terrible guitar for playing happy jazzy music on, but makes a brilliant rhythm or heavy metal guitar. It has a deep and high ratio unlike most other guitars, and this gives it value. You can't really use a high pitched amp setting with it, it sounds to high on the bottom three strings, and is so high pitched it will blow your eardrums....In a bad way.It however can make some very weird sounds for certain songs, so if your looking to buy a guitar for just this purpose, look for one of these. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: It is exactly like playing a Gib, just with a deeper sound and tighter strings that are easier to snap. The humbug pick-ups are great, better than ones you'll find anywhere else. There was one loose tunign peg and that let down this guitar for me. Everything about the make of the guitar was almost perfect, except for some loose control buttons and one badly fitted tuning peg. // 8

Reliability & Durability: This guitar probably would withstand Live play, but I wouldn't get my hopes up. The strap button SUCK! They fall apart all the time, on a nut and washer design, crap, absolute crap. I would have a back-up at a gig... Better safe than screwed. The finish is so definetly on there I could get it off If I tried. // 6

Overall Impression: It's an okay match to the music I like to play, I'd rather have a Strat though. This was my first eletric guitar and it hasn't let me down yet. I wouldn't buy it again though.I just love the unique sound, but the strings are impossible to buy. I probably would rather have a gib SG than this immotation, but so would anyone. I just wish it had a tremolo bar. // 8

E2000 Reviewed by: Joe_BLS, on december 13, 2012

Features: Have no clue what year it was made or when (sorry!) But there are 22 frets. Rosewood fingerboard. I'm not going to guess what the wood is in case I am wrong but its quite a cheap wood. I have this in cherry red and the wood grains show through the dark red tint which looks quite cool! Its double cut away and neck being a 22 fret join really make it easy to play every note. Tune-o-matic bridge. It has a pick up switch, treble, rhythm and both. Volume and tone for each pick up. Pick ups are Westfields own (I think, I haven't changed them) Tuners are Westfield's own and stay in tune // 8

Sound: I play classic rock type stuff (Zeppelin, Beatles, AC/DC, The Who) and I'm not quite sure if this guitar fits. Its more of a metal guitar due to the "bite" it has. It has quite a wide variety for a cheap guitar with cheap pick ups. Due to the Humbuckers I haven't found it messy/noisy at all. However I'm just generally not a fan of the sound. Maybe its just this SG, maybe its them all. I just think it has too much "bite" for my music style. I like the option of tone and volume for each pick up though! // 7

Action, Fit & Finish: I got this guitar cheap because it has quite a large chip near the pick guard. Apart from that, and a scratch on the headstock (my fault) there is nothing to complain about the finish. I love the dark cherry red with the black pick guard and rosewood fingerboard. Only 3 more negatives, the black knob bit on the pick up selector wont fit on and just spins around. The screw holding the pick up selector in place is very loose and the volume for the Neck pickup is very loose, coming undone most of the time. Same with the input jack and no matter how much I try to tighten them they just come loose the next day. // 5

Reliability & Durability: Because of the pick up selector and volume knob I wouldn't gig this (even if it was the guitar for me) Not to mention the tuner snapped off (the winding peg) so I am stuck with a out of tune G until I order some new tuners. Just because of this I would not play this guitar live. Even with a back up! Because I'll end up using the back up! Strap buttons are good, only thing I don't like is the "heavy neck" but that's on any SG I suppose! I'm not sure if its my SG that has all these problems or them all, but mine has some bad problems. // 3

Overall Impression: I don't think this is a good guitar for my music. I have a Strat, Tele, Les Paul, acoustic and a bass. I'd say this is the least suited to my music out of my collection because of the heavy sound. I brought this really to have an SG, I didn't really plan on gigging on it. I mainly use it for learning new songs and travelling around a bit (before the tuner snapped off!) If it were lost I doubt it would replace it unless I really miss having a SG, I would most likely just buy another Tele or acoustic. I love the volume and tone on each pick up like a Les Paul but hate the durability. If it were more durable, I'd buy it again if it got stolen. But because of all the faults, I doubt I would buy another Westfield guitar.

// 5

More Westfield reviews rating category latest review
+ B1000 6.3 Bass Guitars 07/30/2013