Spectrum ST Review

manufacturer: Westone date: 01/08/2010 category: Electric Guitars
Westone: Spectrum ST
It fits alot of styles blues, classic rock, Metal and grunge. When it wants to be it can make noise and it has a nice tone with the right amp.
review (1) user comments vote for this gear:
Spectrum ST Reviewed by: stevent000, on january 08, 2010

Features: Made in 1986 and its holdin up good for its age. It has 22 frets its neck is rosewood and is easy to play. The body is made of maple and has a basic black job on it the neck base wood is also maple. Its finish is solid black and wouldnt win an award for its looks but its still lovable. Features Its body is like a mix between a Strat and an SG. Its a Strat bridge... The electronics are passive, it has one volume and one tone knob with a 3 way selector and the tone knob can be pulled up to use only one coil of the humbucker pickups... making it sound more Vintage. 2 coil-tapped Magnaflux HB Pickups. It is Non-Locking and the brand of its tuners are Gotoh. It had a bag :D. It is old and beaten up but still alive and kickin'!! // 9

Sound: It fits alot of styles blues, classic rock, Metal and grunge, I use my "Stack in a box" or "SDS-3 Distortion pedal" with a Marshall MG10-CD (GAIN!). When it wants to be it can make noise and it has a nice tone with the right amp. it has alot of variety with the right effects and amp. // 7

Action, Fit & Finish: I couldnt say its probably been tampered with since I got it, it has been 20 odd years. But everything is in order as it should be all I can say is that it has some rust on the pickups but yeah, 20 years. Nothing is wrong with the hardware. // 8

Reliability & Durability: It will withstand live playing and the hardware will last... I'll make it last! The strap buttons break the straps and I would gig without a backup guitar and its really gonna be a great time with it. It will last (hopefully) for a long time when it comes down to it even if it breaks down I'll just keep it heh. // 7

Overall Impression: I play Grunge and metal and it fits the picture perfectly, I've been playing for 6 years and I've had other guitars strats and such you know the drill...if it were stolen I'd punch the bastard who stole it theyre rare! My favourate feature is that it stays in tune for ages after you re-string it. I copare it with nothing else... I wish it had a whammy bar and a locking headstock :P well worth 100 though. // 9

More Westone reviews rating category latest review
+ Spectrum FX 9.8 Electric Guitars 04/16/2010