XV-890HSS Review

manufacturer: Xaviere date: 06/08/2012 category: Electric Guitars
Xaviere: XV-890HSS
Overall impression is that this is an excellent guitar for the money. Look of the finish and details of the guitar are excellent. Nothing about this guitar screams "cheap".
 4.4
 8.8
review (1) pictures (5) 3 comments vote for this gear:
XV-890HSS Reviewed by: unregistered, on june 08, 2012

Purchased from: Guitar Fetish

Features: This is the flametop/glued neck version with locking tremelo. I ordered mine in the natural finish. I also purchased this guitar with the tweed case. Overall look of the finish and details of the guitar are excellent. Nothing about this guitar screams "cheap". It seems well put together. // 9

Sound: I play many styles and so far... It seems quite adaptable. I haven't yet explored variations in sound and textures. No noticeable pickup or electronic noise. Pots seem smooth. Have only had the time to run it through my multi track recorder. Will run it through a few amps this week and see how that goes. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: Decent set-up for "straight out of the box". I think I can adjust it a bit better for my liking but overall... They've done quite a nice job. The only thing noticeable is the bookmatched top. It quite simply... Isn't. Nor did I expect it to be. They are 2 very nice pieces of wood but I'm pretty sure they aren't related... Lol. Other than that, no flaws what'soever have been noticed. // 8

Reliability & Durability: Don't really know how well this instrument will stand up since I just got it. Everything does have a nice solid feel to it. I would assume that it will hold up as well as it's taken care of. From initial impressions, I wouldn't hesitate to use this as a main instrument. // 9

Overall Impression: Overall impression is that this is an excellent guitar for the money. I figured this would be the case since their last load of these had already been sold when I first came upon their website. Unfortunately, it's not often that you find a retailer of items built overseas that genuinely has taken the time and effort to insure a measure of consistency and quality control. As a former importer of furniture and arts/crafts from around the world, I can appreciate how difficult this is! // 9

More Xaviere reviews rating category latest review
+ XV-500 7.9 Electric Guitars 10/13/2014