EG112C Review

manufacturer: Yamaha date: 03/31/2014 category: Electric Guitars
Yamaha: EG112C
2 single coil pickups, 1 humbucking pickup, maple neck, rosewood fingerboard, basswood body, master volume and master tone controls, vintage vibrato system with 5 position pickup switch, volume, gain, bass, and treble knobs.
 Action, Fit & Finish: 7.1
 Features: 6.9
 7.5
 7.4
 7.6
reviews (14) pictures (2) 21 comments vote for this gear:
EG112C Reviewed by: Metal Man 1391, on may 23, 2006

Purchased from: Haworth Guitars

Features: It has 22 frets on a rosewood fretboard. Maple body Strat style. Wilkinson bridge. Passive electronics. This guitar has very loud pickups compared to a lot of guitars. Only has one volume, one tone and a 5 way pickup selector. Accessories: amp 10 watt, gig bag, strap, cable, tools, whammy bar. // 10

Sound: This guitar is quite versitile. It can do jazz to death metal. I use it with a DigiTech RP200A, no effects, Marshall JCM900 amp modeller on the effects pedal and a Randall 25 watt. When cranked this guitar does get a bit noisy and gives a lot of feedback. As I said this guitar can play anything quite well. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: This guitar was set up almost perfectly. I've had it for 2 years and the only problem was the electronics. You have to fiddle with the pickup selector to get it working. // 9

Reliability & Durability: This guitar would guite easily withstand live playing and I would go on stage without a backup. Everything seems like it will last fine except the electronics. This guitar will last. I play at least 3 hours a day and sometimes play it 7 hours on weekends when theres no school. // 9

Overall Impression: I play metal and it does the job fine. If this guitar were stolen I would buy something else. This thing didn't need a service ever, the neck didn't bend it stayed perfect. Overall this is the perfect guitar for a beginner with a buget. I highly recommend it. // 8

EG112C Reviewed by: jimbopo, on december 02, 2008

Features: The EG-112C is very Fenderesque and retains most of the qualities of a good Stratocaster. The neck is a thin, light oak with a slick polish allowing for good grip and easy sliding. It's fastened deep with a four woodscrew mount. 23 nickel frets take hundreds of hours of lashing without any sign of wear. The solid maple body and it's satin black polimer shell give it enough weight to take a beating and rock on undeterred. One volume and one tone knob simplify the sound arrangement completed with a 5-way tone selector that can give you the clean sweetness of "Lenny" or Grunge out a "4th of July" rage. A hum-bucker bridge pick-up keeps all the creativity in your hands. And when the weather wages war with your rig, the tun-o-matic bridge speeds necessary minor adjustments. Down side: no accessories. // 7

Sound: The Yamaha 112c feels the most comfortable with minor harmonic scales and blues. The pick-ups are very sensitive to string noise, which comes in handy for pick scraping techniques but adds unncesessary difficulty to slow and soft songs. The color of the sound really depends on the strings you use. For heavy, percussive sound, high gage strings tuned down get the trick done. For high screaming scaling, light strings tend to make their mark spot on. You can get from a country twang piano, to a glass symphony twinkle on one end, to a Pete Townsend ring or even Gavin gurgly bear's roar at it's deep end. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: The action is high enough to play fast solos and yet still low enough to keep barre chords less than straining; nearly perfect. The pick-ups... I give up... I'm not selling it so I should stop advertizing it. Truth is, the pick-ups channel properly but they're so sensitive I have to turn the volume knob down and turn the amp up. I have to complain about the top string key... there must be a burr in it somewhere because the top string snaps often. The rest of it seems like quality craftsmanship but I'd have to get some serious electronics hardware to fully test it properly. // 7

Reliability & Durability: I have played it as my first guitar for a while, years, and that is after it was already somebody else's guitar for a few more years. I have dropped it, kicked it, smacked it (several hundred times), played it in the rain and snow. It is very, very tough. I have not noticed a lack of quality in it's ability to produce good sound even after all the hours of hell it goes through each week. I've never seen another guitar take quite as much. The strap never comes off. I can run with it slung over my back. I've dented the finish, but without extraordinary violence the body takes a beating well. I wouldn't need a backup at a gig unless I planned on throwing the thing twenty feet into the air (even then it might make it). Trouble is, it has taken so much abuse without wear so far that I don't know how much longer it has to go. // 9

Overall Impression: I don't play music. I put my fingers on the fretboard and make a bunch of noise that I like and sometimes other people like it too. I've been playing for about three years now and most of it has been on this guitar. Mostly self-tought, and very hard on the instrument. I have an old amp with no labels on it, so it could be homemade from the 70's and velcroe strap that seems to work just fine. I wish I had asked for lessons to get more out of the thing but maybe in the future when money comes. If I ever lost it I would be downright depressed. It's a good guitar, or at least, I find it very comfortable, durable and easy to play. I would need to find an exact replica immediately. I love the soft polish of the neck. I find myself confused and jerky using any other instrument. If I hated anything about the guitar, I would not play it. I wish a Floyd Rose Tremelo system could be mounted in place of the current bridge, but then it'd be a monster. I stripped out it's current tremelo but I think after half a decade of intense use, it should be serviced. // 8

EG112C Reviewed by: X_Tears_X, on september 27, 2005

Features: - 2 single coil pickups, 1 humbucking pickup - Maple neck, rosewood fingerboard, basswood body - Master volume and master tone controls - Vintage vibrato system with 5 position pickup Switch - Volume, gain, bass, and treble knobs. // 5

Sound: I play metal, and it doesnt give me the distortion that I need. I have bought a new amp and it has reverb and chorus on it. When the volume on the guitar is not on 10 there's like a static sound, when it is on ten the 2nd and 5th pickup setting is the most clearest. Pitch/pinch harmonics are hard to hear through this guitar, actually any harmonic is hard to hear on it and the high E string is really difficult to hear clearly. // 4

Action, Fit & Finish: I guess that the guitar set up at the factory was right, everything is set up right. // 10

Reliability & Durability: The guitar will stand live playing. The hardware probably wouldn't last 5 years. The strap buttons are solid. I wouldn't soley depend on it. I've had it for about 3 years and the paint is still on it. // 6

Overall Impression: I play metal and this is not good for the low tuning. I've been playing for about 3 years and have bought 3 amps. I wish that I had gotten a Jackson Randy Rhoads Custom. If it were stolen or lost I would get a diffrent guitar. I love that it's a guitar, I hate that I can't hear it really well. I didn't compare it with anything because it was a gift for christmas but iwanted to get Jackson Randy Rhoads Custom. // 3

EG112C Reviewed by: revivedmidnight, on october 02, 2006

Features: Well, rosewood neck, in my opinion that makes a good sound. The body is almost a wannabe Stratocaster, but when you look at it the curving is a little different depending on which Strat your talking about. There are 23 frets, and you have only one nob for the tone, and one for the volume. The handeling is really for beginners, but it is good for any type of guitarist. It did a great job getting me started as an electric guitar soloist, so I recomend anyone to use it. It is quite reliable. When you get the package you are given a 10 watt Yamaha amp, chord to hook it up to, a wammy bar, a few pics, an instruction manual, and a starter book with a carrying case and tuner. It dose not break too easily. It took 2 years for mine to completely fall apart on me after using it in a band and what not. The neck when dropped flat face can crack, but it will still go on not changing the sound for a while. It is an all around reliable guitar good for any kind of guitarist. // 7

Sound: It suited my style quite well. I do a wide variety of alternative, rock, punk, metal, classic rock, etc. With or without disortion the sound is great, with capabilities with any type of style you choose. It can be noisy if you want it to, but it can be quite calming when you want it to. The guitar can make sounds of an acoustic, to a sound of a heavy metal clash. Quite a wide range really if you tweak with it. The sound is full but not as bright as a maple neck. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: The pickups are quite nice, humbuckers, with two other pick ups to boot. As far as I know when I got it, it was fine, very well done. But I still had to take it to someone to help fix it up a bit. I was never told what was up with it, so I cannot tell you much of that. // 6

Reliability & Durability: Yes, it can stand playing quite well. The hardware lasted a good 2 years for me, so I would say it's reliable. Just don't go trying to smash into hard wood floors or anything. I would have used it at a gig without a backup if mine hadn't broke in an accident recently, but it still sounds great, so even if there was an accident at a gig it would still play. // 7

Overall Impression: I play all types of rock, this was an excellent match. I have been playing the electric guitar for 2-3 years. I would get something else if it was lost or stolen. It's nice, but there are better guitars out there. I love the variety it can play, and how well it fitted my style when I needed it to. My favorite features were the rosewood neck, and the humbucker pickups. I did compare this to my Johnson Stratocaster I recently have gotten after this one broke. I didn't really get the choice to get this guitar. It was all I had and it did well for my kick off as a guitarist. I love it the way it is. // 7

EG112C Reviewed by: unregistered, on june 06, 2012

Purchased from: furtados musicals

Features: Mine was made in 2010 in china. It gas 22 frets like a normal Strat. It is made of basswood, has a maple neck, rosewood fretboard. It has passive electronics. 2 single coil and 1 humbucker, with 1 volume and 1 tone knob and a 5 way selector. It has a Vintage style vibrato tremolo which stays in tune most of the time. // 9

Sound: The sound is really FANTASTIC... For the price. I play jazz to metal and this guitar does it all. Distortion sounds really nice but death metal makes it a bit noisy which is not very audible. It can play clean beautifully and the bridge pickup. Proves dat it is one axe. When it comes to using the tremolo the guitar stays in tune pretty well. But if you use it too much the low e string starts going out of tune. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: Mine came a good action, it was ready to play with no defects, the finish was nice. The pickups worked and are still working pretty well. // 9

Reliability & Durability: This guitar can really be reliable. The strap buttons are nice but I still advice to take a strap lock. It can withstand live playing and the colour and finish looks porshe. Not at all cheap. // 10

Overall Impression: I've been playing guitar for almost 5 yrs and I can tell dis is a good guitar for all the beginners. If it were stolen I'll probably buy another 1. If compared to other guitars in the same price range. It is really good. you CAN TRUST THIS GUITAR. // 10

EG112C Reviewed by: unregistered, on september 28, 2005

Purchased from: eBay

Features: I got this as my first guitar last year. It has one humbucker, 2 single coils, a tremolo, and is relatively lightweight. It sounds pretty good, and the included amp was pretty good (remember, this is not a BC Rich or ESP, so don't expect a really amazing guitar). The humbucker is decent, strings are a little high for my taste and I wish that the tuners were a little better. It can actually hold tune pretty well if you use the tremolo, just don't dive bomb. The gig bag mine came with was pretty good. Overall, amazing for just 100 bucks. // 8

Sound: This is where I feel Yamaha have a strongpoint-they put pretty good pickups in their guitars. I replaced the humbucker with a DiMarzio super distortion last christmas and I put a DiMarzio YJM single coil in the neck. Nothing was wrong with the pickups, I'm just a huge fan of classic rock and '80s metal. The pickups were pretty good, the hum was relatively hot, the single coils bright, just not my type of pup's. However, for the beginner, you shouldn't really care. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: Alright, the only flaws are in the set-up. The strings were really high off the neck and the tuners really suck. All the knobs and stuff are pretty quiet and function like they should. The neck fells syrup slow, but the fretwork is near flawless. If you like to do lead, do not expect the type of ease-of-play as you would find in a Kramer or Jackson. You will fight this guitar to play fast, and this thing sucks to tap with. But, as I said before, a beginner should not care. // 6

Reliability & Durability: It's still holding up after a year of day-by-day playing, I'm very impressed. // 10

Overall Impression: I really love this guitar, and I am going to keep it. I use it as my "alternate tuning" guitar. I mess around with it all the time and find it to not be all that bad as a practice guitar. The amp included I still use, dispite the fact that I have a Line 6 Spider II 112 (don't get me started) and a Marshall AVT50H half stack (my baby). It sounds good, plays well, and is a hell of a bargain. If you want a guitar for a friend just starting out or you want a good beater that can truly take a beating, this is your guitar. // 9

EG112C Reviewed by: unregistered, on december 22, 2005

Purchased from: don

Features: I got this guitar in 2002 from some pawn shop. It came with a gig bag and an amp. Rosewood fretboard, maple neck, pine body. It was black with a white pickguard, but I made a pickguard out of oak and stained the wood blue. // 5

Sound: I play mostly metal and classic rock, and it works pretty good. It sounds good distorted, and I enjoy playing its in drop C. Its kind of noisy, but its a cheap guitar. I use a crate XT120 and a Boss ME50 effects pedal, it makes buzzing noises when I play it clean. The guitar is perfect for beginners, more advanced players will be dissappointed. I also have a Les Paul Classic and I think the Yamaha sounds better in alternate tunings. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: I raised the strings because the action was to low for my taste. It's easier to tap on it if you raise the action, if you keep it from the factory it sounds terrible. The only problem other than the action when I got it was the jack, it had to be replaced. // 6

Reliability & Durability: I'm pretty sure the guitar could take live playing (my friend accidentally closed the trunk of his car on it andit's sounds fine). The hardware will last a while, but I would replace the pickups. The strap buttons are fine, I'm not sure if I would use the guitar for a gig if I just bought it, mines slightly modified and more dependable. The factory finish was really thin, I easily sanded it to the wood with a power sander and some hand sanding, but I don't think it will wear off from playing. // 10

Overall Impression: This guitar is pretty good for the money. It fine for playing any kind of metal or rock. I've been playing for three years and I also have a es Paul Classic and an Ibanez AEF30E acoustic-electric. If the guitar was stolen I would probaly replace it with another cheap guitar. I probaly would replace it if I lost it, but I don't understand how you can lose a guitar. It's better than the Squiers for the same price. // 8

EG112C Reviewed by: ChildOfBodom666, on january 18, 2006

Purchased from: Pawn Shop

Features: I'm not really sure about the year, or where it was made, or even what kind of body it is. I know it has 22 frets, rosewoord fretboard, it's a Strat like body, and is black with a white pick guard. It's got a string through body bridge (very nice), single volume and tone, and a 5-way selector for the humbucker and dual pickups. // 7

Sound: It's great for beginners, and considering that's who this guitar is obviously aimed at, it's great. I love playing classic rock on it, but it's not that great for metal. It has a rich, warm sound when you play it clean, and can handle a little distortion for heavier rock. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: The paint job was a little scratched, but it seemed old so you know, it can be expected. Everything else was great. // 7

Reliability & Durability: I wouldn't play live with it, simply because I have a King V and I would use it, but I'm sure it could if you didn't smash it around. The strap buttons didn't budge, they were great, and the hardward seems to have passed several tests of time. I wouldn't solely depend on any one guitar. You never know what could happen. The finish is very good, nice, thick coats. // 7

Overall Impression: I play in a metal band, but I also play alot of classic rock when I'm by myself just kind of playin around, and it was great. I've been playing for awhile now, almost a year I think. No, this is perfect for a beginner, and that was what I was when I first bought it. If it got stolen, I would consider buying another if I could find it cheap, I love the warm feeling of it. It would be hard to compare to my King V, because they serve different purposes. // 7

EG112C Reviewed by: Shredalist, on march 16, 2006

Features: I imagine that it's a 2003 model (I've no idea; I bought it then) made in Japan. It's got 22 frets with a rosewood fretboard. It also has a maple neck and alder body with a transparent finish. Of course it's shaped like a Strat with a vintage-style tremolo bridge. Passive electronics (like Yamaha would spring for active pickups for their starter packs). You get one volume knob and one tone knob for its two single coils and 1 bucker. It has economy tuners (non-locking dammit)from Yamaha, I suppose. It did, however, come with a gig bag, strap, cable and a crappy amp (GA-10). // 7

Sound: Suprisingly, it suits my style quite well, being that it's crap. Seriously, it suits thrash and neo-classical noodling faily well. I employ a Line 6 Spider II 112 as my partner in masturbatory "shred." I don't use any effects except for maybe some reverb, a suggestion of delay, and a hint of phaser (so I can properly carry out the religious hymn, "Eruption," during my daily prayer to the god known as, "He Who Rocks"). One problem is that the the Low E and A strings sound pretty muddy. This is a no-brainer; its noisy when thers a high distortion setting or loud volume. It can go clean quite well when you set the neck pickups on. I use the buckers for leads and metal rhythm. // 5

Action, Fit & Finish: I guess the factory set-up was good, no significant problems. Pickups were satisfactory out of the box. Two years later though, the bridge is rusting, some of the tuners are loose, and the middle single-coil pickup doesn't work. The action is a little higher than I would like, and since the bridge is shot, there is nothing I can do. // 5

Reliability & Durability: I would, believe it or not, play a gig with it. I don't believe it would just bust apart all of a sudden. The volume knobs don't seem to work; the volume/tone is either on or off. The strap buttons are solid. I've played a Gibson LP that had it's buttons come out, but not my Costco guitar! The finish is chipping but I don't care about it that much. It looks like it has seen many more years than it actually has. // 6

Overall Impression: Like I said, I fool around with Yngwie-style stuff, authentic classical repertoire, and 80's style thrash. I've played for two years. My current gear: A Yamaha EG112C, a Kremona FL650 (nylon-string classical guitar) and a Line 6 Spider II 112 amp. I could'nt have asked anything before buying this guitar, since I didn't know anything about the world of guitar. If it were ever stolen, I would laugh at the thought of the criminal selling it and at the same time, finding that it sells for peanuts, or that it plays like peanuts. My favorite thing about it is that it is my only and first electric guitar. // 5

EG112C Reviewed by: rock-star-ash89, on january 29, 2007

Features: This electric guitar was made in Indonesia, and it has 22 frets. The neck is rosewood and dark all the way down. The back of the neck is a tanned colour just like the head. The body of the guitar is made out of very hard wood. The controls given are volume, tone, and there are 2 humbucker pickups. Mine came with a whole set: a small amp, a case, a strap, and some tools, and picks. There is also a 5 way selector, and a tremolo bar. // 7

Sound: It gives very good distortion and sounds similar to an acoustic when it's set on clean. I like playing rock music that has a number of guitar sounds in it. Distorted and clean, and this guitar definitely matches that style. The amp I have is a GA-10, and it's only 10 pounds. It produces great sound, and you can travel with it anywhere. You can make the bass higher or the treble higher, it doesn't matter. The volume range is 1-10. The tremolo bar sounds great with the guitar. Palm muting chords sound awesome with songs such as "Time Warp". The 5-way selector lets you choose on how sharp the sound is. putting it all the way to the right is the best, the middle is ok too, and putting it all the way to the left makes it sound bassey, so it makes it a little louder. If you turn the treble and bass all the way up and the volume almost all the way down on the amp and turn the volume up on the guitar, it sounds awesome. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: I think the guitar was made very good, although I think I find the neck a little too fat and sometimes when I play powerchords my hand starts to hurt. The top pickups are in pretty darn tight, but the bottom ones I find a little loose. The bookmatched top and the bridge are in pretty well. At the back there's a little piece of wood chipped off, but it's still fine. But it's still in good hands. Nothing looks wrong with it otherwise. // 9

Reliability & Durability: Yes it will withstand liveplaying. It can play on bigger amps. The bigger the amp, the more powerful the sound. So far my EG-112 has lasted 3 years and still has a lot of lives in it. The wood is very hard and the sound is good. As long as you take proper care of it, it should be ok. The strap buttons hold pretty good, just be careful about moving around too much. I would use it at gigs with a backup band, because it sounds better that way with all the instruments blending in. The finish is strong enough. // 10

Overall Impression: I usually lov playing rock or soft rock, and yes this guirar best matches it big time! I've been playing guitar for 5 years now. I have a Fender acoustic and my EG-112 electric. I also own a yahmaha keyboard. I wanted to ask what brand of strings they were because I'm very picky about the sound of my strings. If it was stolen I would buy another one. I love the weight of it. It's not too heavy to lift. I find it easier on my hands than with acoustics, even though I love acoustics. I don't like the fact that when I play power chords such as A5 or higher, my right hand starts bending and sometimes it can be painful. I wish the neck was a little thinner. My favourite features would be the sound and the tremolo bar most definitely. Well my EG-112 was a christmas gift from my parents about 4 years ago. I wish it came with one of pedals that make the guitar sound twangy. // 10

EG112C Reviewed by: unregistered, on october 28, 2008

Purchased from: Costco

Features: This guitar has 22 frets. The neck is pretty skinny and really easy to play. It comes with two single-coils and a Humbucker. The body is like a Strat. 5 way selector and two knob, volume, tone. Bolt on Neck. Has tremolo that makes the guitar come out of tune easily. // 4

Sound: My music style is very versatile. I use a spider III 15 watt. This guitar plays OK it's kinda noisy and the pick ups are not good. The clean setting sound great almost acoustic. This guitar overall is pretty good sounding just with a 100 dollar amp should do. // 5

Action, Fit & Finish: This guitar, compared to other wal-mart, Bj and Costco is pretty damn good! If you go to guitar center this guitar is a piece of crap! The guitar is pretty reliable and after 3 years it's finally wearing out. The G string sounds like crap. The pickups hum like a bitch. // 5

Reliability & Durability: I don't think you shud play this Live. The strap buttons aren't solid they come off with slight movements. I woudnt play without a backup cause it's a cheap guitar. My guitar has fell and dropped and hit walls and I only have one chip I it. After a while the pickups start to rust. // 8

Overall Impression: For my music playing it's really good. If it was stolen I would without hesitation, not buy it again. This guitar feels good wen you play it and has some versatility. If your a beginner you should definitely buy this. With a good 100 dollar amp it plays pretty good. I use a Line 6 Spider III and it's sounds pretty good. // 6

EG112C Reviewed by: Elite7, on november 09, 2009

Price paid: € 250

Features: This guitar is a perfect instrument for beginners. It includes an great 10 W amp and a good gig bag and useless picks. It is nothing special but great for beginners. The guitar is build in the classical Strat style from Fender, black body, white finish. The Yamaha EG 112C impressed with it's three pick-ups and an high quality rosewood fretboard with 22 frets. The guitar have seperatet controles for tone and volume and also for the pick-ups (5 variations). The volume controle stands in the way, especialy at palm-muting and the neck is very thick, not very helpful at fast solos. The tremolo-system isn't usable because all strings are going out of tuning, but the chrome hardware is from the finest. // 4

Sound: Because of the three pickups at different positions this guitar is usable at every music genre. The pickups are of middle quality and easy adjustable. I'm using the GA-15 Combo amp from Yamaha (good soundquality and massive power at 10") and the DigiTech RP80 which is perfect for beginners and has a low price. The sound quality from the pickups isn't the best and sounds too "soft" for metal. But for good rock or blues it is usable (also stylistic). // 4

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar is in a classical style and easy to handle, but you should adjust the tremolo system and the pickups before playing. Alltogether it is a fine quality guitar for beginners. But beginners will have problems to change they're strings because if you use other strings or other tunings you must adjust your brigde from new. Please buy harder bounces and pull them as hard as possible. // 5

Reliability & Durability: My personal opinion: I would never give a gig with such a guitar:D But the hardware is solid and great, so it's a good guitar to begin playing, because the thick neck you must play very clean. The including combo amp is also a great thing. Great distortion and clean sound. Three band EQ and change over Switch for distortion or clean sound. // 5

Overall Impression: I love metal but everyone must admit: That's not a metal guitar an never sounds so fat like one. I only learned to play on this guitar, that's all. But if you play mor serious please buy something professionell. If you play metal like me you should by a guitar from ESP for eg. The tremolo system suuucks! And also this extremely thick neck. It's only usefull if you want to learn to play cleaner. // 4

EG112C Reviewed by: unregistered, on december 01, 2010

Features: Not sure of what year it was made but it was made in China. 22 fret scale, on a thin tapered neck with mid size frets. Rosewood Fretboard on top of a Maple neck. Solid top guitar. The body itself is basswood. My finish was a black solid color. It's very similar to a Stratocaster body but with a few variations here and there. The bridge is a Vintage style tremolo with 6 individual saddles for string adjustment. I removed the tremolo arm itself and added another 2 tension springs for a total of 5 tremolo springs to make it a "hard-tail" guitar. Passive electronics. As far as controls theres a master volume and a master tone with a 5 way pickup selector switch. The pickup configuration is (from neck to bridge) single single Humbucker, brand unknown. I personally swapped out the Humbucker though to a Seymour Duncan trembucker 15. The tuners that came with it were non locking economy tuners. But again I made my modification to Schaller locking tuners. It came with a gig bag, strap, cable, set of extra strings, 3 different thickness picks, string winder, begginers book/dvd, as well as a small GA-10 Amplifier. // 8

Sound: I personally play a lot of metalcore, southern metal, punk, ska, anything between those lines really. Because of the basewood body it has a nice low tone to it thats perfect for Metalcore, and Southern Metal. After I swapped out the Humbucker like I mentioned it was even better suited. The two single pickups that came with it though in the neck and mid position I haven't changed. Their reletiveley clean sounding for generic pickups so I wont be swapping them out anytime soon. I'm currently using a Peavey 100 watt valveking head through a Marshall mg 412 cabinet. I also have a Vox wah pedal, a Boss ml-2 metalcore pedal, a Boss MT-2 metalzone pedal, a Boss GE-7 Equalizer pedal and a Boss TU-3 chromatic tuner. For a begginer guitar I have no complaints about any feedback or hum on any settings. Not too bright sounding. The guitar on a strait up pedal-less sound through the gain channel or clean channel on my amp is suprisingly versitial and it can make an abondance of sounds and tones. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar was set-up well from the factory, nice high action for hard playing styles. The pickups were adjusted right out the box well to where I didn't have to tinker around with the heights on them. I've had the guitar for about 8 or 9 years now and the only thing flawed from the guitar out of the box was how the electronics, more specifically the pickup selecter, gave away after 3 years. Thats not bad at all. // 8

Reliability & Durability: As far as my electric guitars go, I own a Fender Vintage 60's style telecaster, an Ibanez artcore ax75 hollow body electric, and an aspen knock off Les Paul loaded with zakk wylde EMG humbuckers. I put this guitar infront of all of them. I use this for playing live a majority of the time for my songs and it's held up very well. The stock hardware before I did my modifications held up well. The strap buttons have been excellent. Neither of them have torn out or came loose once in the 8 or 9 years I've had it. The finish is very well and thick. Of course if you take care of it it'll last longer, but I have a few dents and chips in the paint from years of playing this but nothing terrible. The paints held up very well. // 8

Overall Impression: Like I said I play a lot of metalcore, southern metal, punk, ska and anything between those lines. This guitars a very good match for that style and is extremely versityle to play even soft rock or making it sound like an acoustic. I've been playing for 10 Years now and this was my first guitar that was completely mine that I've had for 8 or 9 of those 10 years. I have a gremlin classical guitar, a Carlo Robelli steel string acoustic, a Fender Telecaster 1960's Vintage style, an aspen Les Paul knock off that has all the same exact hardware of a genuine Gibson studio that I swapped the pickups out of for zakk wylde emgs, and Ibanez artcore ax75 hollow body electric. My amps and effects are the tiny ga-10 that came with this guitar, an Ibanez toneblaster 1x12, and a Peavey 100 watt valveking tubehead through a Marshall mg 412 cabinet. I also have a Vox wah pedal, a Boss ml-2 metalcore pedal, a Boss MT-2 metalzone pedal, a Boss GE-7 Equalizer pedal and a Boss TU-3 chromatic tuner for my effects rig. In all honesty if I were to lose this guitar in anyway I would do my best to get another one. It's been such a reliable guitar to me, and granted yes its a knock off strat, and it's a Yamaha but it's a very well made guitar that many people ask me about because they like it too. I love the neck on this guitar for how playable it is. It's thin and very durable. Theres nothing I hate on this guitar, for what it is, it's perfect. I wish it came with a HardTail bridge, I've never been crazy for tremolos but I like it none the less. // 10

EG112C Reviewed by: MontelThomas99, on march 31, 2014

Price paid: A$ 320

Purchased from: Costco

Features: 2 single coil pickups, one hum bucking pickup, 22 frets on a rosewood fretboard, maple neck, fenders sauce body, vintage vibrato system, 1 volume and 1 tone master control knob, 5 position pickup switch. It is a great guitar that is pretty good for the money you pay. It is great to start it with and it is really loud. It is perfect for playing rock and it is a pretty good deal. Although you have to find the right store. Comes with a Yamaha GA-10 amplifier, gig bag, strap, tremolo arm. Average price of $150. // 9

Sound: It has a great sound for rock. It has a humbucking pickup so that is I don't use any effects except for the overdrive on the amp. It's noisy when you use the overdrive but I'm fine with that. I'm guessing that it would be good for metal and jazz because it has a nice clean sound. The only problem is that the low e string has a buzz to it but I'm guessing that it's just me. It's got a full sound and it's sounds really good when I play it clean but overdrive is the best thing that electric guitars ever had, especially on this guitar. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: The action was pretty high when I got it but it wasn't that hard to lower. The pickups were adjusted really well but I still changed them to suit my style. It didn't have any flaws and it still doesn't. It's made out of basswood and has a maple neck and a rosewood fingerboard. It only has one tone control knob for the humbucking pickup but it's good enough. It also has one master volume control knob. It came with a vintage vibrato system which is pretty good and the neck didn't even have to be altered. It came in nearly perfect condition and I don't regret buying it. // 8

Reliability & Durability: This guitar should withstand live playing and the hardware should last a while. The strap buttons are solid. I have to use it on a gig without a backup but if I could I would use it as a backup. It's only a beginners guitar but it seems pretty reliable. I'll have to test that out but none of the parts have broken when I took it apart so that's good enough for me. It should have a better nut but what do you expect from a budget guitar. The finish should last for ages but if it wears off it would still look pretty cool. The hardware was made really well but I still might switch it with something else. // 7

Overall Impression: I play rock so it's very good for my style of music. I've only been playing a year but I'm learning quickly. I don't own any other electric guitars but I do own a Yamaha GA-10 amplifier. I wish I had asked for a Fender American Standard Stratocaster cause that's an amazing guitar but the EG112C is good enough for me. If it was stolen I probably would buy another one cause it's pretty good for a cheap price. My favourite feature is probably the vintage vibrato system which came with it. I don't hate anything about it except that it isn't a Fender or a Gibson. I didn't compare it to anything. // 8

More Yamaha reviews rating category latest review
+ DDS-20M Digital Delay Sampler 7.4 Guitar Effects 08/21/2014