EG303 Review

manufacturer: Yamaha date: 06/01/2005 category: Electric Guitars
Yamaha: EG303
The body style is copiying a Strat. You don't have to much options with this guitar.
 4.4
 4.2
 4.5
reviews (2) 1 comment vote for this gear:
EG303 Reviewed by: stratmaster9, on january 31, 2005

Purchased from: friend

Features: I'm not sure what year this guitar was made since I bought it used. It has 22 frets and a surpringly comfortable fretboard. The finish is a black glosy finish that I absouletly hate you barley touch it and it scratches. The body style is copiying a Strat. It also has a string through style bridge when I would much rather have a Tune-O-Matic. It has pasive pickups. It has a volume and a single tone knob with 5-way selector. // 6

Sound: This guitar does not handle disortion well so it doesen't really suit rock purposes. I'm was running it through a beringer GMX212 it serves naow as a back up guitar. It also has an extremely annoying buzz. You don't have to much options with this guitar. // 4

Action, Fit & Finish: When I got this guitar it was abouyt as good as it's gonna get. What can you say for a cheap guitar. // 2

Reliability & Durability: This guitar will handle live playing but not to much abuse. I have used it as aback up guiter in gigs when I needed a quick Switch. The strap buttons do very well. I don't put to much trust in this guitar. The finish on this guitar is terrible it is way to easy to ding and peel. // 4

Overall Impression: I like to play rock and this guitar was not built for that. I've ben playing for 8 yeras now and I own twelve guitars. I have recently purchased a Les Paul standerd that I would recommend above all it is my main guitar. If this guitar was stolen I would not buy a new one. // 4

EG303 Reviewed by: rbm90120, on june 01, 2005

Purchased from: Sams

Features: 21 fret, black paint job with gloss cover and a white bridge plate. This came with a case, tuner, extra strings, beginner book, plain strap, "woo-woo" bar, and 50 watt amp. Pretty much a basic or even bad guitar (not in a good way). // 4

Sound: I was extremely disappointed in the sound quality. It was my first guitar and didn't know much and I thought it would sound like you would think a guitar would. I used a small (1 ft) amp only 50 watts and I was using no effects. It is very plain non-distorted sound quilaty even with a good amp. Sounds more like an acoustic guitar with a megaphone up to it. Not really any good sounds you can make with it, but you can play Mary Had a little Lamb and even Yankee Doodle! // 4

Action, Fit & Finish: It was perfect kind of in a way since it was new. The pickups on there were not that great heavy metal adjusted way my friend told me to get a screw driver and make it so that all the pickups were basically flat on the body to get a dark metal sound. Not really any flaws everything on it was basically flawless until the first day I got it my cousin knocked it over on to the cement floor and put on a "unique" mark on itthe size of a quarter. I was so upset then, but I was kind of a "nice-happy" person then now I'm more of a "laugh into the helpless people face and knock them to the ground way" and not help anyone. Heres a good song I keep in mind. // 6

Reliability & Durability: This guitar wont even stand getting to one place to another. The hardware will probley on it ware off eventally and wont work. The strap buttons (or maybe it was the strap) sucked! It kept coming off every single time you stand up so always sit down with it and I dont think you can "rock" while sitting on your butt and playing Mary Had a Little Lamb. I would never, ever go on a gig with it unless I was going to slam it on to the ground without even playing it, I can never depend on it for crap if I did go on a gig with it and play I probly would get laughed at and get shot after the concert. It would wear off in a year if you used it as a main guitar. // 4

Overall Impression: I play metal, this is ment for 10 years to act like they are cool and they dont know crap about guitars so not even close to a good match. I've only been playing for 1 1/2 years I self taught myself with no help from no one. I now own instead an ESP Ltd F-50 and it was a dream come true. I also own a Line 6 Spider 2. Those are like made for each other I love them, but my neighbor's and mom don't. I would have asked for a real guitar instead of this one before I bought it. If it was stolen or lost I will just get something else instead. This really has nothing I like of it except the bridge plate in which you can make a diamond plate over it instead. This is pretty much the worst kind of guitar if it got even worst you would have a plastic guitar you can get for 5 dollarss that you cant really play just for 5 year olds to get them to shut up. Basically I would recommend you buy anything, but this guitar. // 4

More Yamaha reviews rating category latest review
+ DDS-20M Digital Delay Sampler 7.4 Guitar Effects 08/21/2014