Pacifica 112L Review

manufacturer: Yamaha date: 12/13/2007 category: Electric Guitars
Yamaha: Pacifica 112L
At a remarkably reasonable price the guitar features a solid alder body, the powerful bridge humbucker and two single-coil pickups.
 Action, Fit & Finish: 8.5
 8.6
 8.9
 8.3
reviews (2) 7 comments vote for this gear:
Pacifica 112L Reviewed by: angelo04, on may 24, 2004

Purchased from: internet

Features: - 22 frets - 1 volume control - 1 tone control - 2 single coil pickups - Humbucker // 8

Sound: When using the humbucker and full tone it gives a great acoustic feel. Cranking the town right down and connecting my Danelectro overdrive pedal, this guitar gives great screaming, tearing sounds. Even when used with my 10 watt Marshall amp the sound can get very loud in fact I've almost burst my ear drums before. This guitar can give quite a rich sound but also quite flat, tinny sounds depending on how its set. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: Everything works well, I've never had any trouble with the pickups, the action is just right for quick playing. The only bad things are that using the whammy bar detunes the strings quite a bit and the single coil pickups give off a bit of a buzz if you are closer than a few feet from the amp. // 8

Reliability & Durability: Built like a tank. I've had the guitar for about 2 years and everything works perfectly despite being dropped repeatedly and smacked of various things. The only problem is the jack as it loosens dramaticly everytime I unplug the wire but this isn't major, it jst needs tightening up every now and again. // 10

Overall Impression: I think it's a good guitar, it's my first guitar and I've had it now for almost 2 years. Eveything works still, the natural finish, despite repeated hits, still looks pretty good. There isn't anything bad about it and is definately worth the money as a beginner. It is also very well priced considering the lack of cheap left handed guitars around. // 10

Pacifica 112L Reviewed by: Tele Echoes, on december 13, 2007

Purchased from: Belle Air Music

Features: The Pacifica was my first guitar and I got it in the summer just over 4 years ago now, and it came with a stock strack, a gig bag, and the satisfaction of owning my own guitar. The neck is lovely, and made of thin rosewood, I believe. It features a Strat body with two single coil pick-ups and a humbucker at the bridge. The controls consist of one volume control and one tone control, and 5 way pick-up selector, and it has a floating bridge and a tremolo bar. My Pacifica was apparently made in 1992. // 8

Sound: This guitar is great. The guitar is really high quality. The only thing that would make it better would have to be some new pickups. It can make country, blues, rock, metal. You name it, she makes it! I use the Pacifica with a Fender Blues Junior with a stock speaker, and sometimes use a Dunlop Crybaby Wah. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: I've had my Pacifica adjusted a few times, and the only thing I would recommend is to once again replace the pickups and you'll have a really incredible guitar for a low cost. The only thing that had suffered is the pick-up selector Switch, which has taken on a light coat of rust. // 9

Reliability & Durability: Damn reliable. I can depend on it for sure. This guitar is built to last. Gig bag broke open one time and it fell off of my back into the middle of my city's downtown street and didn't damage at all (well, there was a tiny, tiny dent, but cosmetic wear makes you look "hard"). // 10

Overall Impression: Playing classic rock, classical, and blues and stuff for over 4 years. I own a Fender MIM Telecaster, a Fender Blues Jr., a Roland Cube 20X, as well as a few pedals. If it were stolen, I'd be upset to tears, since it's the first guitar I received. I wouldn't go out and buy it again though, since I love playing my Telecaster so much, and it's my main guitar now by far. I love the neck and how easy it is for moving around fast, as well as the diverse sounds the many pickup options give you. I hate the stock pick-ups. I compared it with both the squire Strat and the MIM Strat. MIM is better, but Pacifica does circles around the Squire. Yamaha does in fact make good guitars! // 8

More Yamaha reviews rating category latest review
+ THR10X 9.3 Guitar Amplifiers 09/08/2014