Pacifica 604W Review

manufacturer: Yamaha date: 07/01/2006 category: Electric Guitars
Yamaha: Pacifica 604W
This classy looking double-cutaway guitar combines a solid alder body, 22-fret bolt-on maple neck with Rosewood fingerboard, Sperzel locking tuners and the acclaimed Wilkinson VS-100 tremolo. This combination of quality woods and craftsmanship, in conjunction with top-of-the-line hardware, delivers a punch that can't be touched in its price class.
review (1) 1 comment vote for this gear:
Pacifica 604W Reviewed by: unregistered, on july 01, 2006

Purchased from: Local guitar shop

Features: It's made in Japan. Very nice red finish. Wilkinson bridge, Sperzel lockingtuners, 2 single coils and a splittable (push/push) dubble coil at the neck. I own her for over 6 years and she has never let me down. 5-way switch. // 9

Sound: Not so great in the crystal clear area but amazing in the distortion zone. I'm using it on a Hotroad Deluxe with a Vox bulldog and that's all I really need for gigging. With it 5-way switch and the splitting of the bridge pickup it gives you everything you might need. From dar deep to high gain pitching. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: It came excellently set, low action great playability. The Wilckinson works without flaw or detuning. Push it, pull it, it just stays tuned. Even when I put the axe away for some days it just needs a litle tuning. The only downside was the push/push volumebutton, which splits the dubbel coil at the bridge. It began making a cracking noise after a year or two. I've had it replaced for a few bucks and no more problems! // 9

Reliability & Durability: As I said, she never let me down and I'm quite confident she won't. The finish is as good as new even though I take her out at all the gigs. I admit to take very good care of my guitars, but this one gives the feel of being indistructable. She looks as good as on the day she became mine. // 9

Overall Impression: I play in a coverband. From Imbruglia to Sabbath and anything in between. This axe does the job. I play since, must be 1980. This is one to keep, no matter what, I wouldn't trade it for anything. I've had several guitars (Ibanez/SUNN/Squier/Fender/) and only my Boneyard (Epi) can beat this one. I got rid of all the others, not all bad but not as convincing as these. When you find one, buy one, you won't regret it. I still have to thank the guy that gave me advise in the guitar store. // 10

More Yamaha reviews rating category latest review
+ AC3R 8.9 Acoustic Guitars 10/30/2014