Pacifica 812V Review

manufacturer: Yamaha date: 11/28/2007 category: Electric Guitars
Yamaha: Pacifica 812V
Featuring an alder body with beautiful flamed maple top, the new Pacifica 812V is the favourite choice for those guitar-players, that look for an extraordinary sounding instrument with a stunning look.
 9.8
 8.2
review (1) 20 comments vote for this gear:
Pacifica 812V Reviewed by: Fridl, on november 28, 2007

Features: I just bought a new Yamaha PAC812V wich is, I think, the best Pacifica series guitar. & you suck shit. All Yamaha guitars are made in Korea and so is this one. The guitars neck is maple and the fingerboard is rosewood. The body style is Stratocaster, is made from maple and alder and it has a beautiful translucent blue finish. It has one volume and one tone knob. The tone knob is also a button, beacouse it has one Seymour Duncan JB splitcoil humbucker pickup. Beside the humbucker there are two Seymour Duncan SSL-1 pickups. It has a 5-way selector and a locking Sperzel tuner. I didn't get any accesories, but I bought a hard Yamaha guitar case. // 10

Sound: I play mostly punk rock and metal so I mostly use the humbucker and it has a great sound. I use it with Zoom G2.1 multiefect and Roland cube60 amp or Stinger STP200H. It sounds great on both amps and realy kicks ass with the multiefect. Its sound is great and you can play with realy hard distorsion and can stil hear every tone wery clearly. It's great for rock, metal, punk, rock'n'roll and ska. I suppose you could also play everything else but I didn't try it. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: My guitar was set up in the store in wich I bought it so I don't know how was the guitar set up. And as far as I know there are no flaws and for that price there shouldn't be any. The finish is great the knobs for the volume and tone are not loose the wood is great. All I had to do is ajust the neck. // 10

Reliability & Durability: Guitar will definetly withstand live playing. I didn't play on a gig with this one yet but I think it will do just fine. The guitar is new, so I don't know how will it cope with age. I will have a backup guitar on a gig, but not becouse I wouldn't trust this one, but becouse I have a dropD tuning on that guitar. // 9

Overall Impression: I like the guitar wery much. It's great. I play the guitar for 3years now and before I had Ibanez GRX40 starter pack and it sucks. But this one is absolutely great. If it would be stolen I would probably buy the same one or maybe I would buy an Epiphone Les Paul. // 10

More Yamaha reviews rating category latest review
+ DDS-20M Digital Delay Sampler 7.4 Guitar Effects 08/21/2014