Brutal Legend Review

8.4
 8.7
review (1) 3 comments vote for this game:
Brutal Legend Reviewed by: Rockstar Adze, on february 13, 2012

Experience: I have nothing else to say other than this game will make you laugh from the moment it start. The game seems to revolve around an exaggerated version of Jack Black (Tenacious D and the Pick Of Destiny; School Of Rock). The protagonist is Eddie Riggs, a roadie, who is crushed by a monster (long story, play the game), and he wakes up in an alien world with enemies on all sides. There is a laugh a minute with hilarious dialogue and the Headbangerz (again, play the game to find out). I love this game very much and I know that if it was more famous it would become Game of the Year. It has the potential. // 10

Extras: This is where the musical aspects of the game come in. In your weapon arsenal you have your own electric guitar that strikes lightning down on unsuspecting enemies. Along with inflicting pain, you can use your guitar to shred like Hendrix and summon cars or open secret areas (again, play the game to see what I mean). There are even rock celebrities that guest star in the game including Lemmy Kilmister (of Motorhead) and Ozzy Osbourne. There are a few things I would have added but I am content with what I saw. // 8

Overall Impression: Truthfully I love just about every aspect about this game. (Yes, you can even fly later on into the game). There are so many positive aspects that I can't list them all. My one gripe is that the maps are so large and you can't "Skip To Location". Other than that, it is a very worthwhile game. Buy it!!! // 8

More Music-Related Video Game reviews rating latest review