Wildfire 60 Review

manufacturer: Alesis date: 02/13/2006 category: Guitar Amplifiers
Alesis: Wildfire 60
Updated programs, cleaner output, and tons of built in effects are just a few of the upgrades on the Wildfire amps from Alesis. Building on the success of Spitfire series, the Wildfire guitar amps from Alesis will not disappoint; with 80 on-board programs, 9 different effects modules, a built in tuner, and headphone output. Don't let the price fool you, these amps get plenty loud, and sound great!
 8.9
 8.5
 9.3
review (1) 4 comments vote for this gear:
Wildfire 60 Reviewed by: yallsmama1, on february 13, 2006

Purchased from: www.zzsounds.com

Features: Not sure when it was made. It is pretty versitile, the onboard effects are kinda sucky, but I haven't really played around with them much so I just use my pedal and turn the effects off. If you buy the $50 dollar pedal you can switch channels with it. It has some onboard effects but I get a lotta feed back with mine (maybe it's just my amp) I use it at home mostely. If you wanted to use it on stage, it would be fine but only loud enough for you to hear, if there is no house system, probaly not stage material. In the back it does have two outputs for Alesis stacks but I have never yoused them. It's a solid state amp. And it has a headphone jack. // 8

Sound: I use a Yammaha EG112C guitar which I love, it has 5-way switch for either the humbucker, or the single coil. It does fine for rock music I've never really tried much else with it. My biggest problem is it has no gain knob. So if you are trying just to use the onboard effects and you play rock music, that could present a problem. You get a lotta feedback on a lotta of the onboard effects settings, so I just turn them off. It is good for an intermediate guitar player and it should give a beginner-intermediate guitar player plenty of versitality. If you preform alot or are pro, it could be just fine to keep with you to practice on so you dont have to haul around huge stacks. It sounds fine at all noise levels. If you know how to make the effects work there is a great drive knob that gives you really good control over the distortion. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I would use it on stage. Sometimes it does really weird stuff if it isn't warmed up, every time you touch a string, it sounds like fireworks goin off inside the amp (turnin it off and turning it back on, sumtimes twice will fix this). Hasn't broke on me yet. // 8

Overall Impression: I'm pretty happy with it. I might get a Line 6 or a Marshall if I could afford it if this one was broke beoynd repair of stolen, but I'm not unhappy with this at all. I love that it gives a great sound. I hate the onboard effects. My favorite is deffanatly the drive knob 'cause you can get really good control with it. I compared it to a Marshall of the same size. Mainly choose this becuase of $$. I wish the effects were better. // 9

More Alesis reviews rating category latest review
+ GuitarFX 3.5 Guitar Effects 09/11/2006