VH-140C Review

9.8
 9.2
review (1) 2 comments vote for this gear:
VH-140C Reviewed by: MISERYINDEXfan, on august 11, 2008

Features: The amp was made in 1993. Definitely the channel A distortion has a killer sound like old Suffocation style sound and Dying Fetus Sound, and the clean channel is great. I play death metal, thrash metal, punk, hardcore. It has 2 channels A & B, A is for the heavy distortion sound, and B is for the clean stuff. It came with a footswitch to change channels and turn the chorus on/off. Yes it has an effects loop. No it doesn't have a headphone jack. A master volume and 2 gain knobs and a gain selector for 2 different gains a fuzzy gain and a metal gain. Cause the master volume would help reduce the level of volume for both channels. I never use the chorus and the reverb. At home, band practice and live at clubs. Yes it has enough if not more power, I have never turn it up past 3 because it gets to loud after 3. It is a solid state amp. // 9

Sound: A Custom B.C. Rich Warlock with an EMG 85 in the bridge. It helps me get a more crunchier sound out of the amp. It is death metal style. Not really, gain - 10, low/bass - 4, mid - 3, high/treble - 8.5, level - 3.5, a basement and a bar enviroment. It can make a insanely brutal death metal sound, and can make the clearest clean sound ever. A lot of Varieties I didn't mention. Yes, I don't know cause I hardly ever mess with those settings. Very brutal distortion kinda like old Suffocation, and Dying Fetus sounding distortion. // 10

Reliability & Durability: Yes, I can depend on it. Yes, I would use it with out a backup. Nope. // 10

Overall Impression: I play death metal, thrash metal, punk, hardcore. Definitely a good match. I have been playing for 3 years. I own a Ibanez RG series 7-string, a Custom Jackson Rhoads V, and a Randall RH200, I got in a trade from Mark K. of Misery Index, I traded a SS - 150, and it sucked. Not really no questions best amp I've ever had. I probavly would get a Triple rectifier, cause VH-140C's are rare in mint condition. I love everything about it. Nothing to hate here. The distortion. Nope, I didn't compare it to anything else. Not really. // 10

More Ampeg reviews rating category latest review
+ GVT52-112 8.8 Guitar Amplifiers 09/02/2013