GA80 Review

manufacturer: Ashton date: 07/27/2004 category: Guitar Amplifiers
Ashton: GA80
This is 80watts, and its a coupla hundred cheaper than the Peavey and Marshall 50-60Watts.
 8.7
 8.4
review (1) 9 comments vote for this gear:
GA80 Reviewed by: unregistered, on july 27, 2004

Features: This amp has 3 channels. Dirty, boost and clean although the boost has its own gain control it shares middle, treble, bass controls with the dirty. I got it with a footswitch, bout 70 bux on its own. The amp is versatile for anything, warm clean tones, heavy bassy metal. I'm playin punk and its fuckin choice. It's got the headphone jack, master controls for volume and reverb but also level controls for the distortions and clean. No fx but ther is inputs for speaker ext and an effects loop. // 8

Sound: I'm usin a piece of shit guitar at the moment so to be gettin the sound I am now I'm stoked. I have the tone on 10 and just usin the back pikup and use the amp settings to get a harsh straight out punk rock. It's great loud, havent used it for a show yet but it will stand up. It's f--kin loud on half when turned to it on the master volume. Distortion can be stinging, bassy or fuckin heavy. // 8

Reliability & Durability: It's really good. I wouldnt use it at a gig without backup because I'm a paraniod freak but I know it could handle it. It's never broken down nor looked it. I've had it on for hours at really high levels and volume and it stands it perfectly. Fells really strong and reliable. Feels like a great solid amp. Just treat it good and it will repay you tenfold. // 10

Overall Impression: It is by far the best amp for its price. I would strongly recommend it to any kid graduating up to the 50 watt plus combo stage. You can blow ya mates minds apart with this thing, it's loud as. I love the boost function. If it got nicked I would by a Marshall head and cabinet but thats just coz I want a Marshall! This thing is awsome. // 10

More Ashton reviews rating category latest review
+ AG 131 7.4 Electric Guitars 05/29/2012