Ultracoustic ACX1000 Review

manufacturer: Behringer date: 12/28/2004 category: Guitar Amplifiers
Behringer: Ultracoustic ACX1000
The ACX1000 offers a multitude of useful I/O options, including an adjustable stereo aux in with level control and mute function, a stereo tape I/O, a pre-FX insert per channel and stereo post-FX insert in the master section for outboard processors and a parallel tuner output.
 7.7
 5.4
review (1) 2 comments vote for this gear:
Ultracoustic ACX1000 Reviewed by: unregistered, on december 28, 2004

Purchased from: Kinovox

Features: The aplifier was introduced in 2001 it think, and is an excellent amplifier for accoustic guitar, it is designed particularly for piezzo pick up systems. The style of music I play is finger picking folk-rock/ballads, for which it is excellent. The amp is 2x60W and comes with a two band notch filter, which enables you to run the amp with full power with the guitar just in front of the loudspeaker without feedback problems, 99 accoustic effects, some of them combined. The sound is crystal clear, it has a three band equalizer, tube simulation and attack, which adds precence to the sound and makes it sound excellent for finger picking. I use the amp at home for practice and at smaller stages when I play with the band, and so far, I have not been in lack of power. The amp also can be run as a hi-fi stereo amp for tape or mp3, still with excellent sound. Only thing that I can think of that I would have liked is a head phone out put. // 10

Sound: The guitar I am using is a Takamine EG10 with a piezzo pick up, I thought that I wanted to buy a new guitar in order to improve the sound, but it is not at all necessary, the sound is very nice and crisp with good solid bass. Under normal circumstances there is no noise at all, the effects are recording studio quality, and only if you turn down the guitar volume too much and compensate by the amp vol, you might experience noise. If you are looking for solid distortion, this is not the amp for you, but if you are looking for corus, reverb, different room simulations, flanger, delay, rotary speaker, tremolo and more, this is the right thing for you. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I have had the amp for only one month, and used it on a daily basis, without problems at all, I use it on gigs without backup. // 10

Overall Impression: I have been playing the guitar for more than 35 years. Being a big fan of the late Chet Atkins, my style is mainly finger picking, some of my favourite tunes are composed by Clapton, Led Zeppelin, Paul Simon, Sebastian (Danish) and for that style of music I find the Behringer ACX1000 an excellent choise, I definitely would buy the same again if it was stolen or destroyed. // 10

More Behringer reviews rating category latest review
+ X V-AMP 7.1 Guitar Effects 12/19/2014