Ultrastack BG412V Review

manufacturer: Behringer date: 02/14/2014 category: Guitar Amplifiers
Behringer: Ultrastack BG412V
Thanks to its 12" Bugera speakers rated at 50 Watts each, this guitar speaker cabinet delivers excellent classic guitar sound with mids that are full of character, clearly defined bass and loads of headroom.
 Features: 7.3
 7.2
 7.4
 6.9
reviews (3) pictures (2) 4 comments vote for this gear:
Ultrastack BG412V Reviewed by: jmac72187, on march 14, 2006

Purchased from: Small Guitar Store

Features: This cabinet is equipped with 4 12 inch Bugera Speakers. Each speaker has 50 Watts power handling. 200 Watts total. Can be used at 4 ohms mono or 8 ohms stereo. Wheels on one side for easier movement. Casters would probably work better than these wheels though. Heavy and solidly built. I give this an 8 because it is hard to move due to no casters and the weight. // 8

Sound: I am using this with my Vox AD100VTH Head. It sound pretty good. The cab is very punchy and I can get wonderful sounds out of it. I have never taken it to high volumes so I do not know how the speakers hold up at high volumes. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I have not had a problem with this cab. I have never gigged with it though. It seems very solidly built and I don't see anything on it breaking at all. // 10

Overall Impression: I play basically any type of rock. This works perfectly well for all of it. I have been playing about a year now. I use this with my Vox Head and my Epiphone Les Paul. If it were stolen or lost, I would probably buy a different cab just because my head needs a different amount of ohms. If I were using a different head, I would definetly buy this cab again. It has a low price tag and still sounds great. // 9

Ultrastack BG412V Reviewed by: Moe., on april 21, 2008

Features: I'm not sure what year this amp was made in, but I'm guessing it's an '07 model as I got mine ordered from the factory. It features the Bugera speakers, which are rated at 50watts each. It's a mono/stereo cab and is rated at 8ohms stereo, or 4 ohms mono. It has wheels on one side of the amp, which I find pointless, as they don't help much. So casters may be needed if you're lugging this around places. // 7

Sound: The guitar I used is an Epiphone Les Paul Custom with the stock pick ups. This cabinet isn't much to brag about, as it can sound a little tinny on the clean channel of my RM100. And muddy on my distortion channel. It needs to have the speakers broken in with a couple of hours of play, and after that it should do the job. I'm debating whether I should change the speakers or get a new cab all together down the track though, but we'll see how things turn out. // 6

Reliability & Durability: Unsure about this, haven't been using it for too long. But I'm a little scared after reading a few horror stories. Of course it's still under warranty, so if anything happens I'd like that anything to happen soon. Hopefully I don't have any problems with it, as I'm not one to have much money. // 2

Overall Impression: My overall impressions on this cabinet is a hazy one. I like the fact that it doesn't overly colour your tone, but I don't like the tinny-ness and the muddy distortion the speakers can produce. It takes time to overcome this with some precise EQing of the amplifier head that you may use, and being Impatient I'm not one to sit for half an hour or so to find that sound. I'd definitely recommend a speaker change, which should bring out some clarity from this cab, but for bedroom use it's fine. // 6

Ultrastack BG412V Reviewed by: hhffiidiiikks, on february 14, 2014

Features: I bought this cab back in about 2006-2007 at a local guitar shop. It was supposed to come with the head but the shop owner sold it to me with just the cab and I hooked my old Behringer 2x12 amp to it. I use it with a Peavey Supreme XL solid state head currently and it sound decent. I have had it hooked up to many different heads such as a crate blue voodoo, cheap solid state marshal, and a fender solid state. And it handled them all just fine. I really wanna hear it with a good tube head and really see how it sounds. The handles on the sides are very convenient and the wheels come in handy.

// 7

Sound: First off this cab definitely has wayyyy too much mid range sound for my taste in sound. It's very bassey and gets muddy with a lot of gain or distortion. I took the back speaker cover off to take away some of the punchiness, pretty much after that I was completely satisfied with its sound. Clean sounds really good on it too, very bright sounding cab. I'm sure it would sound better if I had a nice tube head running through it. I also had crate cab before and this Behringer sounds a lot better than the crate, the crate cab just sounded way too bland and could really nail the tones I was going for. // 7

Reliability & Durability: Like I've said I have had this cab for many years and its a tank, never had a issue with it, and it seems to be built very well. I can carry it around by myself for the most part. Ive never gigged it but have had it cranked up at my buddies house and it took about all 100 watts my head had to give like a champ haha. The vinyl is also very durable, and the mesh on the front hold up great, caught the cats at my old place trying to use it as a scratching post but didn't damage it at all. // 9

Overall Impression: I play mostly metal, djent, MeshuggahVolumes, World Under Blood, Death style stuff and rock like CKY and Queens Of The Stone Age and Clutch and it sounds great all around. As well as cleaner stuff like Explosions In The Sky. I recommend it if you are on a budget or doesn't need some fancy Marshall or Mesa Boogie cabinet. It works just fine for me at home playing in my living room. I plan on keeping the cab for a while till I can afford something better like an old 5150 half stack or a nice Marshall JCM. // 8

More Behringer reviews rating category latest review
+ UM100 Ultra Metal 7.8 Guitar Effects 09/03/2014