Ultratwin GX210 Review

manufacturer: Behringer date: 12/02/2005 category: Guitar Amplifiers
Behringer: Ultratwin GX210
If you?re looking for a twin combo dedicated to crystal-clear to mildly distorted sounds with plenty of power, look no further.
 Features: 8.5
 7.4
 7.9
 6.8
reviews (2) user comments vote for this gear:
Ultratwin GX210 Reviewed by: ohdarn323, on february 18, 2004

Features: The amp features two 30w Jenson speakers, 99 built in effects, a digital MIDI interface, two channels, 3 band EQ, as well as other features. The most you can get for 200 dollars. // 10

Sound: The clean channel is simply excellent. I'm running it through a crappy Johnson strat copy, and my pickups are awful, but even with my awful guitar the clean tone is very good. I play mostly punk, and for clean that suits me, but the distorted channel doesn't cut it for me. It's more of a noisy buzz than good distortion. If you buy this amp and plan to use distortion, invest in a Boss DS-1 or a distortion pedal of some kind. Both channels have a slight hum, but it does not increase when the volume increases. The amp has more than enough effects, from Wah to Delay to Flanger to Phaser, and 96 more! // 8

Reliability & Durability: As far as I can tell, this amp is built very sturdily. I ordered the amp, and then while playing the back hissed and popped and the speakers started smoking, but zzounds shipped a new one right away. Nothing like that has happened to my current amp, so I'm assuming it was a blemished amp. I would most likely gig with this without a backup, but if I had a better amp I would use this AS the backup. // 6

Overall Impression: Excellent cleans, you can get anything from blues to jazz from this. As I said, I play mainly punk and this doesn't suit it very well, but with a good distortion pedal it will suffice just fine. The only other gear I own is a crappy acoustic and a crappy practice amp. My friend has a Marshall MG250DFX and this clean channel easily rivals his. I plan to invest in a Boss DS-1 and an Agile AL3000. If this were lost or stolen, I would probably buy its big brother, the GX212. Great deal for the money, but you're not getting a Marshall. I love the clean channel, I love the effects, but I hate the distortion. There is a slight, half-second pause between channel switching, but with a distortion pedal there wouldn't be any channel switching and the problem would be solved. Those are my only complaints. I bought this because of the price, mainly. Definitely the best you can get for your buck. // 6

Ultratwin GX210 Reviewed by: James_M_Hendrix, on december 02, 2005

Purchased from: Musicians Friend

Features: It was made in Germany in 2001. The amp is ok for my style. I play metal/blues. It has 2 channels, built in effects, and a headphone jack. I wish it had a heavier overdrive channel because the distorion is too weak. I use this amp at my larger gig's because it is the most powerful amp I own. It is a solid state amp. // 7

Sound: I use this amp mostly with a Fender Stratocaster and a Epi SG. It suit's my style OK. It isn't noisy but it isn't really quiet either. I use it mostly with the Overdrive on max and the EQ set like this: bass 4 - mid 6 - high 9. It has really nice cleans that don't distort at high volumes. The distortion would fit something like Zepplin or AC/DC. // 8

Reliability & Durability: I can depend on it at gig's becouse I have never had any problems at a gig with it. The amp has never broken down on me. It has taken damage really well and it holds together really well. // 10

Overall Impression: As I said before I play mostly metal and blues. It matches my style ok. I have been playing for a little under five years. If it was stollen I would probobly get replace it with a Marshal amp. I love the cleans, but I really don't care for the overdrive. I compared it to the Marshall MG series combo's. I prefered this at the time. I just wish it had a better overdrive channel. // 8

More Behringer reviews rating category latest review
+ C-1 Studio Condenser Microphone 5.9 Others 08/20/2014