Vintager AC112 Review

manufacturer: Behringer date: 04/10/2006 category: Guitar Amplifiers
Behringer: Vintager AC112
With the AC112, you're perfectly armed for just about anything from warm, powerful clean sounds to sexy, singing overdrive and everything in between.
 8.3
 9.3
 7.3
review (1) 2 comments vote for this gear:
Vintager AC112 Reviewed by: Sn^ke, on april 10, 2006

Sound: I've used a few guitars with it, but my main axe is an Ibanez RG570 with stock V7, V8 and S7 pickups. Most of the time I find myself playing death, thrash and black metal. This amp isn't the best for hard distortions, but I also play a lot on the clean channel which sounds amazing. There are a lot of Behringer bashers out there, but this is not a cheap pos like some of their other products. The tonal range of it is quite impressive. The inbuilt multi effects processor doesn't sound cheap, but rather the sound quality of the effects sounds awesome on higher volumes (no tube amp sounds good on low volume). However I'm not going to give it a perfect ten because a) it has no distortion and b) you can't mix the effects. // 9

Reliability & Durability: This amp is definitely stageworthy. I rarely go past 3 on the master control so there's no problem about it not getting loud enough. It feels very sturdy and well built. There's not much else to say here really. It's a good amp. Actually the footswitch did break, but that might have had something to do with me spilling my drink on it. I'll give it a ten. // 10

Overall Impression: Although this is mostly an amp to be used on the clean channel, I still find it suits most styles of metal (except black) very well. If it were stolen or lost (how do you lose an amp this size). I would probably buy a cheap practice amp for $7 and quickly work to afford a Mesa dual/triple rectifier. I've got major GAS though, this amp is good enough to buy again, and great value for money. Anyway, amp pro's: great clean sound, lots of nice sounding effects, dual channel, price. Con's: No distortion, can't mix effects, changing effect can be a hassle with the little knobs and buttons. // 9

More Behringer reviews rating category latest review
+ Feedback Destroyer Pro DSP1124P 9.5 Guitar Effects 07/17/2014