V35RG Review

manufacturer: Belcat date: 07/12/2012 category: Guitar Amplifiers
Belcat: V35RG
This is a 35watt solid state combo amp with 2 channels and a built in spring reverb (which sounds great!), the channels are clean and overdrive.
 9.8
 9.5
review (1) pictures (2) 2 comments vote for this gear:
V35RG Reviewed by: caiuswilliams, on july 12, 2012

Purchased from: gear4music

Features: This is a 35watt solid state combo amp with 2 channels and a built in spring reverb (which sounds great!) the channels are clean and overdrive. It has a headphone socket for practise but no fx loop. This is all I need as a rock lead guitarist in a band. Plus I also play some jazz and this is good clean, smooth and very clear amp that can get dirty and distorted. Especially with a decent Drive pedal. // 9

Sound: I use it a Tokai 80s strat (a very good and rare guitar!) and a Squier Strat (does the job, and not too bad either!) and they both work very well with it! I am a massive Jimi Hendrix fan and play a lot of his sort of music as well as punk and a little jazz. And this amp is perfect for all of these styles. It And when I put overdrive from my Boss sd1 pedal it sounds great! It has a very clear sound clean and a vintagey hendrixy and has a great lead tone for rock when used with my sd1. But the built in Drive is a bit to fizzy and unclear but otherwise, the sounds are great! And it is definitely loud enough for small to medium ish gigs and rehearsals with my band! And if not I mic it! But I've never had to! // 9

Reliability & Durability: I would definately use this on stage (which I have!) it has never brocken down and is definately loud enough for small to medium gigs with my band! // 10

Overall Impression: Its a great amp, what else can I say! And especially good for the price! // 10

More Belcat reviews rating category latest review
+ CMP-509 Vintage Compressor 3 Guitar Effects 01/03/2013