6262 Review

8.1
reviews (10) pictures (2) 49 comments vote for this gear:
6262 Reviewed by: sjones, on october 29, 2008

Purchased from: Kassel Music, Marietta, Oh

Features: The Bugera line of amplifiers has garnered a ton of attention since their release last year. The affordability of these amps has scared some people as they think, "For this price, am I getting a quality amplifier?" The answer, at least in the case of the 6262 that I'm reviewing, is yes. The amp features a clean/crunch channel and a lead channel. It also has an effects loop, and a 4 button foot pedal that lets you switch between the clean/crunch channel and the lead channel, and also allows you to activate the reverb (which is excellent) and the effects loop. The amplifier has independent EQ's for the two channels and also independent presence and reverb controls for both channels. All tube signal path that has 12Ax7's in the preamp, and 6l6's in the power stage. // 9

Sound: I play rock and metal of many styles with this amp. It is a very versatile amp. The clean channel is excellent, capable of producing Fender-esque cleans, even at gigging volumes. The Crunch section of the first channel has a classic rock feel to it. Not enough gain on tap to do metal, but any kind of classic rock, punk, alt. rock, ect., where you don't need a ton of gain is at home in this channel. I found I could get very good blues tones out of this channel as well. The lead channel of this amp is phenomenal. Sounds like a less fizzy 505+, and has good note articulation even at high volumes. Great tight, low end response makes this a beast for metal players. Solos scream out of this amp, and with the reverb engaged on the footswitch, lead sounds are even sweeter. Great versatility, and a great lead channel. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I had one Bugera break down on me, and I'm not sure what happened. This is actually my second model. I have had no problems with this one at all. My first head was one of the first to come out for sale, so I knew there was a chance on getting a lemon. None of the other Bugera's that were sold from the store have came back with any problems. This amp has traveled around the region with me and played tons of shows, and has never broken down once. I use it without a backup, but once I can afford one, I may look into buying a 260 or one of the newer Bugera models that are rumored to be coming out next year, just because I like to have back up plans for everything when I'm playing live. I'm pretty sure my first amp was a lemon, and the fault of the company, not mine. Second head has been great, and has probably seen more action than the other. Reliability issues don't worry me at all anymore. // 8

Overall Impression: This is a very versatile amp that isn't hard on your wallet. Whether you need a solid workhorse amp, a backup for an expensive head, or looking into buying your first tube amp, I highly recommend this amplifier. Whether you need classic rock tones of Zeppelin, cleans, or hard hitting Children Of Bodom tones, this amp delivers. I'm very impressed with it overall. // 9

6262 Reviewed by: mayagod1, on january 08, 2009

Purchased from: Sam Ash

Features: 2 channel 120w tube amp, independent eq, independent presence, independent volume/gain FX loop, Footswitch, 2 Bugera speakers, 6 12AX7 preamp tubes, 4 6L6 power tubes. On the front: 1 guitar input, Power Switch, Standby Switch. On the back: 4 8 16 ohm selector on back, Preamp-out, FXLoop in - out. // 9

Sound: Ok cleans, awesome distortion. It sounds kind of cold and sterile at first, but warms up a bit after a while of playing. It could be my bias settings though, I hear a lot of Bugera owners say their camp came biased way off. This is very bad for your tone and your tubes. A little fizzy at low volumes, but sounds very nice at higher volumes. Kinda like the 5150. The distortion has a nice low-mid roar to it, and the bass is fairly tight, not clinical, but tight enough for most uses. It's a little too harsh for me though, I rolled down my tone knob, and put the treble and presence both to 0, it still sounds kinda harsh. I think the only way to fix this is speaker replacements, but that will actually put the cost of this amp over some higher end ones, which makes it pointless to get it in the first place. You get it for the nice price and features. // 8

Reliability & Durability: Well it broke down on me 3 times already in 4 months! I had to Drive it to a nearby Behringer service depot. I don't know where they contract these ppl because they're not part of Behringer, and they're pretty fcking terrible at fixing amps if You ask me. Each time I was assured and re-assured that the amp will work fine from here on, and within 6 weeks it's broken down 3 times. I honestly feel like the amp spent more time with the tech than it did in my bedroom! On top of that, when the amp does work, I get a lot sympathetic vibration from something inside the amp, I have no idea what it is, but as soon as I turn up the volume to 1-2 ish it starts to chime in, and it freakin pisses me off that I can't find what it is. Btw I told the service ppl about this problem the first time, they said they'll look into it. I have a feeling they did jag-all cause it's still there after 3 services. // 1

Overall Impression: My impression is basically this, it sounds good clean, it sounds very good distorted, it sounds awesome when cranked, but only when it works! Btw all you tube nubes Who wanna try out this as your first tube amp, DON'T! First of all it's not worth the trouble, secondly it's way to freaking loud for home use. The amp sounds like shit with the master below 2, it sounds it's best at 5+, and at 5 you will blow out all your windows and get the neighbours to call the cops on your ass. I thought I might have a dud and tried to get Behringer to replace it for me, but no deal, and they weren't particularly nice about it. So that's it, no more bugera/behringer for me ever again. // 1

6262 Reviewed by: unregistered, on july 29, 2009

Purchased from: Zzounds.com

Features: The 262 I purchased was a Brand New factory re-sealed head. I chose Bugera because as a former 505+ owner, I needed an amp that could deliver that hi gain punch, but would cater to my need for gorgeous clean tones. It's no secret the 505 doesn't do cleans too well so after a good bit of research, I decided to go with Bugera. It has a clean/crunch channel and a lead channel. Both channels have independent controllable reverb that can be turned on or off via the footswitch. It really doesn't take long at all to dial in a perfect show ready arsenal of tones. The lead channel is pretty much the same as the 505 (4 6L6s, and 6 12AX7s) but the clean is where this head really stands out. The footswitch has 4 buttons. Clean, Lead, Reverb, and Effects Loop. It's very simple but very effective. This amp has power on tap, and it will suit anybody's style. // 10

Sound: I use a LTD EX351-D with a 81 85 EMG pickup configuration. I have also just purchased a LTD EC-1000 Deluxe. Emgs paired with this amp is like Batman meeting up with jesus to fight crime. I have never heard such a perfect tone for under $1000. I play rock music such as Anberlin, There For Tomorrow, Funeral For A Friend and so on, and I also Play metal/Hardcore such as A Day To Remember, August Burns Red, As I Lay Dying... basically breakdown central haha, and this head spoon feeds these genres with mind blowing tones for less then half the price of a 505. The cleans stay gorgeous at any volume, and the distortion is never muddy. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This head actually just blew out 3 months after I got it, but I love the sound so much, I'll let my warranty cover the repair, so I'll basically have a new head ready to go! The only problem is you need to make sure you register with Bugera as soon as you get this head. I contacted them about repair, and they just told me I have to contact Behringer (Since Bugera is a sub company of Behringer). Customer service is very nice, easy to deal with and it seems like they actually care about your needs as a musician. // 3

Overall Impression: All in all, I feel like getting a Bugera was a smart move. You get what a 505 can't do, distortion equal to or better then the 505 and a whole lot of room to dial in your perfect sound. For my type of music, this head is the best fit. If this head were to go missing, or get stolen, I'd def buy another one. Like I said before, I love the fact that the clean channel is gorgeous, and I love the independent reverb. The fact that you can play rhythm, then go into a solo and hit that reverb button just makes me happier than a little kid on christmas. It's only going to be a matter of time before Bugera blows up, and everyone has one. If you're looking at a high priced hi gain amp such as a mesa or Peavey, give Bugera a shot. They don't disappoint! // 9

6262 Reviewed by: unregistered, on october 19, 2011

Purchased from: thomann.de

Features: First of all, whoever says that Bugera fall apart can do one, had one for 3 years, nothing wrong, 5x 12ax7 4x 6l6, its basically a 5150 for 400 quid, very affordable for what you get, clean/crunch with bright switch and a lead channel, plus the 4 button footpedal that comes with to switch the channels, reverb on/off and fx loop on/off. // 9

Sound: I use a Gibson Les Paul Studio with Seymour Duncan ahb-3 blackouts in drop a, and a Schecter C-1 Hellraiser with EMG 81tw/89, and I play deathcore (bring me the horizon) oh my god this amp is killer, like I said it's 5150 basically, renowned for its low end, and its 400! I can total note articulation even in drop a, I did a gig the other day, medium sized I would say, I had the volume on 4, gain 7, bass 7, mid 3, treble 10 and presence 10, this thing is brutal, I got told to turn the volume down haha. But the thing that surprises me is that the clean channel even at gigging volumes and with active pickups, stay crystal clean, no distortion what'soever. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This is where the debate is, Bugera are known for their "reliability issues" when in actual fact 9/10 times its thee user fault, the cases I know are as stupid as leaving the amp on whilst changing guitar and turning standby on then power, I have had no problems with it for 2 years now and it has been gigged hard. I would definitely use it without a backup. // 9

Overall Impression: As I said I play deathcore, and this amp brutally murders the tone, so much bottom end, which is perfect for any kind of metal. I did a quick test before I bought it between a 6505 and this, it sounds identical, and the Bugera is less fizzy! // 10

6262 Reviewed by: ZzakK, on december 10, 2009

Purchased from: Digital Village

Features: 2 channel (clean/crunch and Lead) with individual 3 band EQ, reverb, presence, gain and volume. Bright Switch on the clean channel is very good. FX loop accessible from foot Switch (along with the reverb and the 2 channels), but disappointed there is no fx loop level controls like the 33, but apart from that, simple, accessible layout. // 8

Sound: I use a LP copy (300, not brilliant) but it produces some really nice tones throughout. Clean is very crisp and warm, depending on how its dialled in, and the EQ on the clean channel is particularly responsive. The bright Switch adds some top end to both the clean and crunch channel (not lead), and makes for some nice jangly tones. Crunch channel (to be hypercritical) can be a little muddy at times and when you try to add mids for a nice Vintage tone it muffles up a little, but otherwise is a good sound. Lead channel is amazing. Brilliant crisp lead tones, perfect for any hard rock through the hardest of metal. Presence and mids can be exchanged depending on your need (good metal tones with low mids, nice Vintage DS with lots). No excess buzz at all, plenty loud enough for gigs, I play pubs and clubs and I never have it past 4 at most. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I've had it for 4 months and (despite initial teething problems and breakdowns) they seem to have got it right as i haven't had any initial problems whatsoever. I practice at home in a large room with it for about an hour a day, and have had the biasing and tube condition checked recently as a check-up to make sure there were no hiccups. In fine condition according to the tech. I gig with it now and again without backup, and hasn't failed, cut out, blown up, melted, crashed, froze or anything. // 10

Overall Impression: I play mostly Rock through thrash metal, and with a quick twist of dials, it changes its mask and suits perfectly every time. Very versatile for the price, you'd be hard pushed to find a better tube amp for the price. I compared it to the 33 (which has the fx loop level controls useful for solos) but it has a far richer tone (the 33 is probably a little better without mids and going for a Mesa Boogie sound, as opposed to the richness of the 262). I urge anyone wishing to buy a bargain tube amp (for this IS a BARGAIN! ) to try one out and hear for themselves. // 9

6262 Reviewed by: I_shred_u_up, on may 25, 2010

Features: Screams Metal! This tube amp is really unbelievable for the price.It has 4 6l6 power amp tubes and 6 12ax7 pre-amp tubes.(Ya you heard it 6 TUBES!) It has 2 channels: lead and clean. Lead can help you shred on any type of metal or hard rock. The clean on this amp is twice as good as on the Peavey 6505. The Clean channel also has a crunch Switch which will let you produce any type of rock, and also each channel has a presence and reverb control.It was built for Metal but can handle anything really // 10

Sound: First off let me start by saying... This thing is LOUD! "Bedroom" settings for this amp will never let you push it over 1. Like I said before you can go from no gain to all gain this thing is versatile. Now for the one fallback... Feedback without a noise gate this thing is really noisy. That is why I gave it a 9 but if you were to buy a noise gate (which I suggest you get while your buying it) it would be an absolute 10. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I don't know why people say Bugera is a bad brand. Since I heard so much fuss, I played it safe and bought a 1 year warranty. Know I'm starting to think that it was a waste of my money. 6 monthes and not a single problem. They ight have gotten a lemon but I don't know. // 10

Overall Impression: Perfect For METAL. Great for anything else. A Great buy for anyone looking for there first tube amp for 600 bucks you really can't beat that price. If I lost it I would definatley buy a new one. The other money would have just gone towards a 6505 which costs twice as much. (and this thing is twice as good). // 10

6262 Reviewed by: El Boyo, on september 29, 2010

Purchased from: Reidys.com

Features: So the 6262 is a hand built 120 watt amp that has 4 6L6 vavles that can be switched to EL34's. It has the classic 2 channel pre-amp design featuring 6 12AX7 tubes. It comes with the footpedal for switching between clean and lead too. This is my first tube amp so I can't really compare it to any others :/ apart from a Hiwatt one I use at practice sometimes, and tbh, the 6262 runs rings around it on all aspects :) I bought the 412 cab when I got the amp and its sat in my backroom, wouldent really recommend it for just home use as I've never had it past volume 2 yet, and volume 2 was waaaay to loud for the room :D // 9

Sound: i use a Cort katana kx-5 guitar, cheap and nasty (Y) yet the amp makes up for it and the sound that comes out of it suprises me everytime I play, it has a very 'clean' clean channel, you can add reverb, play about with pickup selecting and it handles the deep fat tones aswell as the high and mid tones that cut through, The lead channel is where its at though, I hear people comparing the Peavey 5150 to this amp quite a lot, and having never heard a 5150 I can't judge but the distortion on this thing is unreal, you have to let it warm up first and turn it up a bit, but the sound is amazing, the bass and the mids is where its lies for me and this amp can deliver both of them perfectly. There is a bit of a low hum when its idle but thats just my guitar with its bad wiring. The amp suits my playing style bang on, I play (I don't wanna have to say em but) deathcore, deathmetal, metalcore, most of the core's really. And this amp provides those crushing lows and screaming highs. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I haven't gigged it yet, or turned it up rate loud ;) but I'd deffo gig it and know that it was gonna sound naaaice :) I hear tubes aren't the cheapest things to replace, but mine are loving it so far, no problems with the amp so far at all, touch wood that everything stays like that! // 10

Overall Impression: The amp matches what I play perfectly, your can get the veil of maya ' common mans collapse' tone out of this amp in under 10 seconds. There's a few bands that I've heard now that I can get my amp sounding like so that makes me happy too (Y) I've been playing like 4 years, maybe a bit more? And I only own a Zoom g2.1ui pedal I think it is? I don't even have that plugged in because I prefer the amps natural sound. I'd have to say that my favourite thing about the amp is its presence, I'm pretty sure I could break the sound barrier if I turned it up to about 7, on 10 I reckon you'd just die, end of. If it broke I'd be gutted! But I'd happily buy another. The only thing i think thats wrong with it is the help manual and (apparently) the service team. The manual was in a lot of languages, which is fair nuff, but it told you nothing really, just everything that you already knew? And I hear the help team aren't very good to work with when something goes wrong. Although, on youtube I have some videos of me playing things with the amp and Bugera actually commented on the videos so that was alright :) The amp's perfect for me thats all I know. Everyone has different opinions though. // 9

6262 Reviewed by: unregistered, on june 02, 2011

Features: My guitar is an ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001fm with DiMarzio Super Distortion bridge, and PAF Pro neck. This amp is quite versatile, with crunch, lead, and clean channels (though crunch is shared with clean in EQ and for the pedal). Indiv. EQ for clean and lead channels including presence and reverb. FX loop, 4, 8, and 16ohm speaker outputs, with 2 speaker outs. Open back design, protected with a nice metal grill. This ain't a modelers amp though, no FX aside from reverb (which is superb btw.) I wish the foot Switch that came with it had an independent button to crunch though! You have to manually press crunch (which then replaces the clean button on the pedal) to activate it. Then, you can Switch between crunch and lead, but not clean unless you push the clean button manually again. // 9

Sound: My guitar is an ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001fm with DiMarzio Super Distortion bridge, and PAF Pro neck, EMGs just weren't right for me. I play ranges from Jazz, to metal/hard rock, to kind of alternative rock (if you could call it that) with influences of metal. This amp does great in all those styles, especially the crunch channel, which is truly a gem. Words to describe it? Smooth. Warm. Classic. Vintagey. Bluesy. Full. It just sounds great, and very classic sounding, with a hint of modernity. Lead does its job greatly, and is suitable for most metal. I do not scoop mids, but even if you do, it doesn't sound very scooped, in a good way of course. Suits Megadeth, Metallica, Iron Maiden, Holocaust (if anyone remembers them). Very ballsy tone, can sound a little harsh at times, but that might just be the combo's speakers at fault. With that said, they cut through a mix awesomely, and I am quite impressed. Clean is good as well, nothing special, but is far form bad. Does nice for clean bluesy/jazz jams. Breakup is somewhat early (with gain on 5 mind you), but I find my pick aggressiveness can adjust to that. Reverb is fantastic, top notch stuff right here. At 1.5/10 it makes for awesome texturing. My one friend who combined with his brother own a bunch of Vintage amps (Ampeg, Fender etc.) love it to death. Overall, great sounds all around, crunch is a gem, lead is great, clean does it's job quite well, reverb is incredible. You won't be disappointed. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I've brought it to my friends house a couple of times, and there 0 issues. It is quite heavy (about 70lbs), so sturdiness can be assumed. The only issue I have had was my fuse went and wrecked one of my tubes. Got the tube and fuse replaced, no problems since (that was about 1 month after purchase, I am writing this review about 6 months since the purchase. I don't really blame the amp for this though. I would gig without backup, yes. // 10

Overall Impression: This amp is great for my needs, tonally, and skillwise. Wish I would've bought this originally over that damned Marshall MG 2x12! I've been playing a total of 3 and 1/2 years (about 6 months Acoustic only, 3 on electric), but I play a lot (~2 hours a day), and I research amps and guitars a lot. I've even built my own guitar! I did all the mods on my ESP (swapping the EMGs for Dimarzios. I had to create a ground to the bridge by drilling. Not fun) and plan on doing more mods/builds in the future. If it was stolen, I'd wait until the Infinium comes out, then buy that. My fav. feature is the crunch and reverb, both fantastic aspects of the amp. I just wish it had a crunch button on the pedal! // 10

6262 Reviewed by: Homesick4Heaven, on july 04, 2011

Features: From the get go, it's worth noting that the 6262 is slightly different version of the 6260 (which is for all intents and purposes a Peavey 5150 clone). The 6262 however, has separate EQ for both clean and lead channels and independant presence and reverb for both too. Other than that I don't see too much difference, apparently the 62626 is more upper-mid focused than the 6260, but hey, with the EQ you're gonna be able to make them sound damn near identical (should you want to). The amp has channel switching via footswitch (included) from clean to lead, a button for reverb on/off and an effects loop on/off (bypass) - so that's really handy! The channels are pretty great to be honest, the lead channel screams and has so much gain on tap I very rarely use it above 4 even at low volumes and the clean channel is surprisingly glassy when needed, and can warm up nicely for that slightly overdriven blues sound by cranking up the volume on your humbucker equipped axe. The only thing that perhaps I don't like is that fact it only comes in 120w versions. But in fairness, it was my choice to buy it. There is a point at low volumes where it is extremely muddy and must be turned up to about 0.5 volume to start shining. This is fairly quiet in fairness and sounds great! For all those saying that a 120w tube amp will never do bedroom levels well, I challenge you to hear this! Oh yeah, it's also a all-tube. So you get all the tone goodness and maintenance hassle that comes with the territory! // 6

Sound: I use an ESP Eclispe with Seymour Duncan Custom 5S that used to belong to Steph Carter of Gallows. I play mostly rock, grunge, punk and hardcore, occasionally metal and post-hardcore. This amp nails all the signs with very little effort on my part, tweeking the eq and gain very slightly for each. In fairness though, most of these genres require a relatively high-gain sound, so you would expect it to cope fine. As for variety, it is certainly not a one trick pony, having the ability of going for a raunchy NOFX type tone all the way to a crushing Slayer crunch and all the way back down to a Distillers twang, there have been very few times I've tried to get a tone to suit a cover song and thought "this sounds bad". The clean channel actually stays pretty clean all the way up the master volume, but with high output pickups you will certainly notice some breakup if the gain is anywhere over 0 haha. How brutal is the distortion? When playing Cannibal Corpse and Slayer songs I've never had to turn the gain past 6.5, and that's at low volume (no one in the house, but not bothering the neighbors volume). // 8

Reliability & Durability: This is an interesting one, in recent years the internet has been erupting with vicious argument over the reliability of Bugera amps. So there's been all this stuff about the transdormer clips and the fact that hte cicuit boards are mounted in a more cost-efficient way. I don't claim to know too much about electronics and the like, but I've owned this amp a good while now, and pushed it hard for long periods of time, even chucked it about a car and van bringing it home from uni and back and have not once had a problem. If there ever was a problem with Bugera's reliability I think it is solved now. The other option is that all tube amps can be temperamental and the tube elitists had a legitimate reason to hate on the average guys affordable "copy". Would I gig without a backup? Probably, I know you should never do that with a tube amp, 'cause with any one you never know when a a power valve might go. But I'm on good terms with most the other bands in the local circuit and they would lend me their amp if I needed it! Plus this thing is heavy enough on it's own without bringing a backup. Although after enjoying Bugera's tones so much I may consider buying a small Bugera V5 which I guess could be a backup if mic-ed up. // 8

Overall Impression: The amp matches the music styles I like to play pretty much to a tee. I guess I could use a little more vintage/British edge for some of the bands I like but that's difficult without losing the character of the amp and ability to do the more american sounds I love. Rolling back on the guitar volume to break up the sound a little will have to do for now! I've been playing for around 7 years now and I'm just about approaching a decent level lol. If the amp was stolen or broken I think I would definitely get another. It is the perfect amp for me, a cash-strapped student who loves the harder side of guitar and the ability to both gig and practice with an amp. I wish the amp's crunch channel was a little better, it seems like a bit of an afterthought. But to be honest, who buys a 5150 clone for blues? It's all about the lead! // 8

6262 Reviewed by: Tenebrion, on november 11, 2011

Purchased from: Tropical Music PR

Features: My Bugera was made 2008 and I bought January something 2011. This amp can do anything from metal to jazz but to play jazz you need a jazz guitar. It has 2 channels but in the clean has a mode which is called Crunch. I will use this amp for anything hope of getting another 6262 soon. // 10

Sound: Cheap guitars and expensives one can be use on this amp obviously I recommend if you use a cheap change the pick ups! DiMarzio or SD the amp gets very noisy with cheap pick ups I know I have tested a few in it. Its really loud and powerful amplifier its great for any kind its really punchy on the lead channel it can make your ears bleed hahaha if you are in a bed room clean what I like about is that its good for any type of music! That needs a really cute clean! // 10

Reliability & Durability: Well as everyone knows Bugera's old models like mine still exist but since I had trouble with the warranty I fixed it myself which wasn't that hard to do. And it rocking and goin strong with every passing day. But right now they are solid I'm not a gear snub that ppl think expensive is better I don't believe that but I know is easier for some ppl to just buy something really expensive but I like to go against the stream and experiment if you are like me just buy it. // 10

Overall Impression: I play metal any metal and I highly recommend the 6262 for metal but it can be used for many different genres so you can't lose with this one honestly that amp makes my day everytime I use it I'm very proud of it I have and it doesn't sound as identical to 6505 as many other users say all depends on how you use it! // 10

More Bugera reviews rating category latest review
+ V55HD 8.8 Guitar Amplifiers 04/03/2014