6262 Infinium Review

manufacturer: Bugera date: 12/20/2013 category: Guitar Amplifiers
Bugera: 6262 Infinium
The Bugera 6262 Infinium all tube amp is directed to people on a budget that want the tube amp sound with out the major price tag. It features 3 channels clean crunch and lead.
 8.4
 8.6
 8.1
reviews (2) pictures (2) 8 comments vote for this gear:
6262 Infinium Reviewed by: unregistered, on june 19, 2012

Price paid: A$ 960

Purchased from: All music

Features: Mine was made in 09. The Bugera 6262 Infinium all tube amp is directed to people on a budget that want the tube amp sound with out the major price tag it features 3 channels clean crunch and lead. A presence control, reverb, footswitch, effects loop. Which can be controlled via footswitch it also has a bright switch for the clean which really brightens up your tone great for ye old Strat sounds. I've got the Infinium model which supposedly pro longs tube life I've had it for about 5 months now and still strong I play metal/Metalcore deathcore It is a pretty versatile amp. Now it's lead channel is based on the work horse metal Amp the 6505 and trust me this can do the generic 6505 sounds and more even with the stock Bugera cab don't bag there cabs there not bad once you break the speakers in. It's got a nice metal tone and I've tricked a few people into thinking it was a 6505. // 9

Sound: I mostly use an EC Ltd Les Paul with a Duncan Distortion. I play metal/Metalcore, deathcore to the Red Hot Chillis to Hendrix and this amp nails all those tones with the right eq and guitar of course. For Metalcore and all the heavier genres I boost the lead channel with my Marshall Blues Breaker 2 and it's can get the direct sound of parkway drives tone witch blew me away considering what amps and stuff they use. Now with out the boost pedal it's still all out metal but with the od boost it really tightens up the bottom end and has a nice mid range growl I can imitate the guitar sound of most of my top Metalcore bands and I've found my perfect tone with this beast. The cleans are beautiful and really blew me away the first time I heard it. Now it's a quiet amp but when on the lead channel it has a tiny little hiss like all high gain amps do. A good quality noise gate will solve this. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I can depend on this amp I've gigged with it many times it's been transported around a few places distances of 150 kilometers and more no problems now old Bugeras were full of problems but it seems they have ironed out all the bugs my guitarist in my band got the normal 6262 a year ago and has gigged with it allot last year no problems even got lots of compliments on our tone with these baby's I will be replacing the tubes in this because every one knows Bugera tubes are not the best I give it an 8 only because the cheap tubes. // 8

Overall Impression: For the music I play it's everything I've wanted in an amp I've been playing and searching for a good tone for 6 years now and I've got the metal tone I've always wanted with it. Now if this was stolen they better have a car or something because I'd like to see a thief run with it. She weighs a bit haha I own a few amps mostly practice amps and I've played through some expensive well known amps before and for the price you can't get better then a Bugera and if your considering buying a Peavey 6505 consider this baby before your spend all your money because this can do the 6505 sound but with a way better clean channel. // 10

6262 Infinium Reviewed by: stoplogic, on december 20, 2013

Purchased from: The Guitar Factory (online store)

Features: - Made in 2011, China - 3 channel amp 1 integrated crunch / clean. - Infinium Thingamajigger Autobiaser - Stock 4 6l6 tubes and 6 12ax7, I am running it with 2 EH 6L6 and 2 EL34's (the Infinium thing is pretty neat with mix matching tubes.) - Fairly no frills amp, it's basically a 6505+ with a clean channel. - Comes with a foot switch with an odd pin layout. - "Off the site" - Hand-built 120-Watt amplifier driven by 4 x 6L6 valves (convertible to EL34) - Classic 2-channel preamp design (Clean, Crunch, Lead) featuring 6 x 12AX7 tubes - Integrated high-class reverb with dedicated Reverb control for each channel - Independent Equalizer sections for each channel with dedicated Bass, Mid and Treble controls - Classic Presence control per channel for awesome sound shaping - Impedance switch (4, 8 and 16 Ohm) to match virtually any speaker cabinet - Heavy-duty footswitch for Channel selection and FX Loop function included // 7

Sound: I play mainly hardcore punk, do some blues covers when the $$ is right, and a lot of 1980's hair metal covers. I use the basic amp overdrive, a ISP Decimator, a BBE Sonic Maximizer, and a Line 6 Pod HD500 (when I do covers). It has a slight hiss on the lead channel and pretty whisper quiet on clean. With just the amp distortion and clean you can go from staccato jazz all the way to death metal. Oddly it feels heaviest around 6/7 ish on the gain dimeing it for some reason just makes it muddy. Unless using an active pickup guitar which eh its more than you need. On baritones / 7 strings you will want to back off the gain or it will kindly fart out on you. // 8

Reliability & Durability: I didn't want to write a review till I used it on the town / road for 2 years +. In that time I have destroyed the kinda cheapo tolex. And that is it. It has had a new set of tubes in it mainly because I wanted to hear what it sounded like without the stock tubes. The stock tubes weren't bad but you know how it is when you have cash in your pocket burning a hole, and with the sheer amount of tubes on this it will burn to the tune of over $150 for a decent set of tubes. This is one of 3 amps I use, 1. A 6505+, 2. This, and 3. A Line 6 Spider IV (yeah I know laugh it up a bit but I never leave home without a solidstate as a backup) vs the 6505+ it has given me the same amount of problems in 2 years which is none at all. I know the old Bugeras had a tendency to go up in flames but this new run seems very well built (unlike my 2010 333XL that after a month had no power running to the tubes...) I rolled the dice and tried this one before swearing off the brand. To be honest I prefer the tone of this amp to the 6505+ it performs above it's price point. // 8

Overall Impression: I have around 8 years experience on guitar and about 15 on bass. I wish I had a chance to play this amp prior to purchasing it, none of my local stores house any Bugera in store so it's a roll of the dice. If it were stolen or lost I would replace it with the 212 version after a speaker swap. It has been an amazing amp all things considered. I love everything about this amp minus the integrated dirty / clean channel. To get a good crunch sound you sacrifice clean tone and vice versa. The only comparison I have at this price point was the B52 ATX100 (problematic) and the 333XL which I actually like the tone on more but after having it crap out after one month swore off it. I wish it had separate clean and crunch channels thats all I would change. // 8

More Bugera reviews rating category latest review
+ V55HD 8.8 Guitar Amplifiers 04/03/2014