CC-04 Review

manufacturer: Chute date: 01/07/2008 category: Guitar Amplifiers
Chute: CC-04
The CC-04 line of amplifiers produces a new ground breaking sound, unlike any amp available today. The combination of a dual channel versatile preamp with a Class A high performance poweramp creates new and unique tones for anyone who is looking to escape clichd guitar tones.
 7.7
 9.8
 5.5
review (1) 2 comments vote for this gear:
CC-04 Reviewed by: pawnluv, on january 07, 2008

Features: This amp has no unneeded features. It's got a clean channel a lead channel, shared EQ, master volume and presence. The newer version has a seperate volume control for each channel, but I'm fine just rolling back my volume on my guitar for cleans while paying on the lead channel. It has an FX loop and standby Switch. It has channel switching but the clean will never be as loud as the dirty channel. It's a class A all tube head with more than enough power for anything. Sounds great once the volume is above 1, never had it above 4 for fear of my house falling down, it's freaking loud. I give it a 9 for the lack of seperate volume for each channel // 9

Sound: I am using a Yamaha AES620HB and it sounds amazing. I mostly play in an alternative rock kind of style and this amp is great for that. It can also pull off a great blues or Led Zep tone with a little EQing. The overdrive is always clear and never muddy.The gain on the amp alone is not enough for tapping or Metallica type palm muting, but with a tubescreamer anything is possible. The setting I use for a nice alt rock overdrive is bass (0), mid (5), treb (10), presence (10) and gain (7). Best setting on this amp in my opinion. Check out my buddies band "Strangeface" on itunes, he used this amp and that setting on their album. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I can totally depend on this amp I've had it about a year and have had no problems. // 10

Overall Impression: To me this is the perfect amp. If you are looking for a clear biting overdrive for blues, classic rock, alt rock, hard rock, this is the amp for you. The only downside is the price, but it's a small Canadian company and their amps are all handmade so I can understand the high price. Check out Chuteamplifiers.com/ for more info since you don't hear about this amp in any reviews on UG. // 10

Comments