FXT30 Review

manufacturer: Crate date: 01/03/2006 category: Guitar Amplifiers
Crate: FXT30
Get the Crate FXT30 Guitar Combo Amp with DSP and forego the pedals and wires. Its FlexWave Evolution 5 preamp gives it convincing tube tone and feel, and its set of 8 DSP effects give you all the classic sounds you need. Effects include reverb, delay, flange, chorus, and multi-effects (with bypass). 30W RMS power drive a 10" speaker. 2-channel operation. External speaker jack and headphone jack.
 8.8
 7.6
review (1) 5 comments vote for this gear:
FXT30 Reviewed by: metalhead90621, on january 03, 2006

Features: Since I play mostly metal and blues this amp was perfect for me. It has an awesome clean channel so you can play blues or jazz. It has one of the best distortion channels I've seen. It also has a headphone jack. It also comes with 16 built-in effects including reverb, chorus, wah wah, doubler and many others. I have used this amp for many gigs it isnt heavy so I can take it prety much anywhere. This amp definatly has enough power so you won't need a huge amp for a small club. // 10

Sound: I have a Schecter Gryphon and seymour duncan pickups. This amp is perfect for metal and blues. Its can be very loud at times but only when you want it to be. The sounds of this amp range from slow blues/jazz, to grindcore/death metal. The clean can get distorted but only when your at 10 and then the amp only distorts a little bit. The distortion on this amp is Awesome I never need a pedal or anything. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I depend On this amp every gig I play and it has Never misfunctioned or broken down. I go to every gig With out a backup. // 10

Overall Impression: I play mostly blues and metal as I've said before this is a pefect match for that type of music and probably many others. I have been playing for 3 years and I have a Squire and a little 15 watt Fender amp. If this amp were stolen I would definitly buy it again. My favorite feature is the distortion and I wish it had a foot switch already but you have to buy that seperatly. // 10

More Crate reviews rating category latest review
+ BX15 5.5 Bass Amplifiers 06/17/2014