GT65 Review

manufacturer: Crate date: 02/22/2007 category: Guitar Amplifiers
Crate: GT65
Utilizing Crate's patented tube simulating Flexwave 5 Preamp, the GT Series are designed to be the absolute best compact, solid-state, high gain, rehearsal amps available today. Featuring a Crate 12" speaker and 65 watts RMS, the GT65 includes three-channel operation for clean, rhythm, and distortion tones, external speaker jack, and headphone jack.
 Reliability & Durability: 8.5
 7.6
 6.2
reviews (2) 18 comments vote for this gear:
GT65 Reviewed by: unregistered, on july 05, 2006

Purchased from: The Music Spot

Features: Alright, the Crate GT65 is simply the most kickass solid state amp out there. I play mostly Hardcore/Metalcore sorta stuff and it is perfect, but it branches into most genres, although the clean channel is great aswell. It has 3 channels clean = great, rhythm = greater and solo = greatest, all of these a switchable with the foot switch that comes with the amp. Basically this amp covers everythin, except for really crunchy punkinsh sounds, but Who needs them. I use this amp for playing in my Metalcore band, it's perfect, volume is perfect for practice and small gigs, though I'll hook it up to a cab for bigger shows with the ext. speaker jack. Also the reverb dial is wicked, for adding that lil' extra something to ur sound. // 10

Sound: I'm playin this with a Jackson JS30DK with the stock pickups, not great but still sweet. The tonal range is great, espescially with the "shape" dial on the solo channel, that give u great tonal customisation abilities. The solo channel can be a lil' noisy, but that can be fixed by hittin the killswitch on that between songs and ur set. The clean channel stays pretty clean all the way up except when all of the knobs are at max. The distortion on this amp is the most brutal around, the whole band love sit and so do I. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This thing is solid, weighs a bit I might add, lol, but I reckon it could take a severe beating before it packs it in, so far I; ve had no issues with it, I've had it for nearly a year and I've pushed it beyond its max over and over and its still kickin. // 10

Overall Impression: Playing metal, metalcore, hardcore, screamo, even, dare I say it, jazz this amp is perfect, I've been playing for around 6 years now, and played through bigger Behringers and some crusty no-name stuff and this is by far the best shit out, if it were stolen I'd save up and buy the GT212 simply cause its louder, this amp is perfect, the foot Switch is by far the best part of it, the ability to change during songs and silence through breaks is great. I recommend anyone looking for a relatively cheap metal amp choose this one, it'll blow your little buddies minds. // 10

GT65 Reviewed by: GreenDay0013, on february 22, 2007

Purchased from: Don't Know

Features: This amp was made a few years ago I think. It is a very solid amp! It's had a couple bangs, and nothing is wrong at all, not even a scratch on it! It has three channels. Clean, rhythm, and solo. All are great, but the solo has I little bit of fuzz. No big deal. This amp Can definitely go very loud! I play just about any style of rock music, and I can get a lot of the sound shtat I want! // 8

Sound: I have some kind of Yamaha, a ERG121 I think. it's not that great of a guitar, and it still sonds awesome thanks to this amp. Like I said, it can get a lot of the sounds for rock music, or just about any other style. The distortion is awesme! The solo is great for soloing or some nice crunchy ryhthm parts. The reverb, however, does not do too much to the sound. // 8

Reliability & Durability: I would use it maybe in a gym, nothing bigger, it isnt really that loud. It has not broken on me yet. I play it about 2 hours a day, haven't had one problem with it, and I have only had it for a few months, but it is very solid so. You probably won't need a backup amp when perfroming live, but anything can happen so you could bring an extra just in case. // 7

Overall Impression: This matches all of my music. It is great! I have been palkying for a year and have never found an amp as near as good as this in this price range! I have tried many different amps, but didn't find a thing. If it were stolen, I would eventually buy it again. I truly do reccomend getting it! // 9

More Crate reviews rating category latest review
+ BX15 5.5 Bass Amplifiers 06/17/2014