TX30 Review

review (1) pictures (3) 1 comment vote for this gear:
TX30 Reviewed by: unregistered, on november 15, 2011

Price paid: C$ 260

Purchased from: Prussin Music

Features: Made in early 2000s, Solid State, bought for street performing (voice and music) way better sound than the Fender Amp Can, which I had before. This amp has 2 channels, one clean and another with basic distortion, reverb. I often use the clean channel for my electric drumkit, and the other for electric guitar, this amp handles the 2 sources well, each is clear and distinct. For the early 2000s, it had lost of features. // 9

Sound: Using Les Pauls through Vox pedals with amp set on clean, sounds great. This amp has pretty lame distortion, so if you need that I recommend using it as a PA to amplify better sounding pedals and effects.This amp has one sound for me, and I've mic'd it and recorded some impressive sounds with it(through good pedals). // 7

Reliability & Durability: Rock solid. I've gigged with it without backup. No sweat. My battery lasted like 7 years before I had to swap it out. Casing is tough as hell, 9 years later it looks the same as when I bought it. This amp has been to Japan, Scotland, America, Canada, and sat on the ground in those places. Highly reliable unit. // 10

Overall Impression: I play most styles, this amps any style (with a good pedal or effects). I've been playing 24 years. If it were stolen/lost, I'd buy another. It's a good size/volume trade-off, and a great mobile PA. It fits in a large standard suitcase, and the weight is mostly the battery (15 pounds or so). // 9

More Crate reviews rating category latest review
+ BX15 5.5 Bass Amplifiers 06/17/2014