XT15R Review

manufacturer: Crate date: 02/26/2007 category: Guitar Amplifiers
Crate: XT15R
It's a practice amp with serious tone and major attitude. 2-channel operation lets you practice with different setups. FlexWave Evolution 5 preamp delivers the tone you seek. 15W wrings plenty of volume from its 8" speaker. Reverb for sweetening. Gain and level controls for channel 1, level only for channel 2, and 3-band master EQ lets you shape both channels. Headphone jack and CD inputs let you jam silently with your favorite CD via RCA inputs.
 8.1
 9.8
 6.3
reviews (2) 11 comments vote for this gear:
XT15R Reviewed by: Khoshabalas, on january 15, 2007

Features: I'm not sure when this amp was made, but it has been discontinued. I am a very metal man myself playing between Slipknot, The Who, To The Misfits but with the sound this amp puts out the type of music playible on this amp is endless. This amp has an external amp, headphone jack and a CD imput jack which I find very awesome. The Features I wish it had would have to be the fx the FXT30 has (which is the better version of this amp). This amp is a serious ball buster it wouldn't really be loud enough to have a little concert maybe a small caf'e, with the whole power thing I think it has just enough power for a bigger, badder practice amps. // 9

Sound: I play a Epiphone Les Paul Custom Plus (I also wrote about)and it holds up sick. With the reverb cranked up the low up the hig low and the mid half you will get one of the most mezmerizing blue sounds ever. For the most part the amp is very nice not noisy at all. When you hit the solo button and you have the volume up and the gain half up it has a great metal sound to it. With the veriety of the sounds blue on this thing is wonderfull. The clean chanel is clean as it comes with a very nice sound and output. The distortion is BRUTAL as it comes with a nice crunch. I use a DigiTech RP300A. // 10

Reliability & Durability: As I said it's a practice amp not for gigs if your talking ambout Backstage yeah it is. This Amp has a tube sound and feal to it that's what I really like about it. It hasn't broken down in the 3 months I've had it so far and the sound is like the day I opened it out of the box. // 10

Overall Impression: I Play a bluesy/Metal and I love playing RHCP and it really suites the sound of them. I Have been playing 5 years now and I still love this amp. If it was stolen I would have gone with the FXT30. There isnt anything bad to say about it I love the whole product. Nothing else to say besides I love it and I would recomend it to a new player to a very experienced player. // 10

XT15R Reviewed by: Khoshaba, on february 26, 2007

Sound: With the reverb cranked up the low up the hig low and the mid half you will get one of the most mezmerizing blue sounds ever. For the most part the amp is very nice not noisy at all. When you hit the solo button and you have the volume up and the gain half up it has a great metal sound to it. With the veriety of the sounds blue on this thing is wonderfull. The clean chanel is clean as it comes with a very nice sound and output. The distortion is brutal as it comes with a nice crunch. // 10

Reliability & Durability: As I said it's a practice amp not for gigs if your talking about backstage yeah it is. This Amp has a tube sound and feal to it that's what I really like about it. It hasn't broken down in the 3 months I've had it so far and the sound is like the day I opened it out of the box. // 10

Overall Impression: I Play a bluesy/Metal and I love playing RHCP and it really suites the sound of them. I Have been playing 5 years now and I love this amp. If it was stolen I would have gone with the FXT30. There isnt anything bad to say about it I love the whole product. Nothing else to say besides I love it and I would recomend it to a new player to a very experienced player. If you haven't figured this is another account and I'm deleting the other review. // 10

More Crate reviews rating category latest review
+ BX15 5.5 Bass Amplifiers 06/17/2014