K-50 Review

7.8
 7.1
review (1) 4 comments vote for this gear:
K-50 Reviewed by: unregistered, on december 09, 2005

Features: The amp is somewhat versatile, it comes with built in drive and reverb. You can even program the the amount of bass you prefer in your drive. I play everything except country and hip-hop on the guitar (that would be impossible anyways). It has 90 watts of power not bad for a medium sized amp. It could just be the fact that the amp is fairly old but it's obviously not the same quality as a Marshall or Vox, but it's still pretty nice. // 8

Sound: I play it with a crappy Ibanez JS 100 and a beautiful American Fender Strat. It is noisy on the Ibanez when you turn up the drive but it's probably just because of the crappy pickups. On the strat, it sounds great. The amp can make typical drive, reverb and clean sounds, and just about anything with the necessary pedals probably. The clean channel can become somewhat distorted at high volumes, but nothing too bad. The distortion can be brutal, it all depends on the settings you set up. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I feel I could depend on it, it has never broken down as long as I've had it and I doubt it ever will. I would use it on a gig if I needed to. // 8

Overall Impression: I own some pedals and a crappy First Act amp, I hope to get a Vox amp sometimes in the near future. It can match any style with the necessary tweaking but it still is somewhat mediocre. If it were stolen or lost I would buy something else simply because there are better amps out there and I wouldn't go to the trouble to search out this amp because it's production was discontinued sometime ago. // 6

More Dean Markley reviews rating category latest review