VH4 Review

manufacturer: Diezel date: 08/11/2011 category: Guitar Amplifiers
Diezel: VH4
This amp sounds like nothing else I have heard. I chose this amp because I am a massive Hetfield fan and I have just sold it because the only Hetfield tones you will achieve with this amp are "Death Magnetic" tones!
 8.7
 8.5
 8.8
review (1) pictures (4) 24 comments vote for this gear:
VH4 Reviewed by: unregistered, on august 11, 2011

Price paid: A$ 5000

Purchased from: B Music

Features: Diezel VH4. Four chanels, 100 watt, head. // 10

Sound: I bought this amp hoping to get that Hetfield tone. It come close but at the same time was far off. Ch1 has really tight direct clean sound very chimy and bright diddnt sound very warm and round it was more harsh and immediate! Ch2 was great AC/DC tones all the way. Ch3 was very good very tight you can make this thing sound massive. In a way I would say that when ch3 is cranked it is more of a hard rock amp than a metal amp, it can just get there but dosnt go the full way, if I bought a Diezel again it would be the Herbert. Another thing is that every chanel sounds like Diezel no matter what you do and it diddnt really sit well in the mix with another guitar and drums. Ch4 was unusable. // 7

Reliability & Durability: Very well built. I couldn't see anything going wrong with it. // 10

Overall Impression: I play mostly metal this amp will satisfy most metal players. I have been playing for 14 years and owned many high end amps and guitars. I wish I could have tried this amp before buying but due to the only dealer in Australia being 1000km away it was not an option. If it were stolen I would buy something else. I loved the fact that there were four independant chanels on this amp and the effects loop was great. I hated that you needed to turn it up loud to get it to sound good. This amp sounds like nothing else I have heard. I chose this amp because I am a massive Hetfield fan and I have just sold it because the only Hetfield tones you will achieve with this amp are death magnetic tones! I am going back to the Mesa Boogie Mark V you can achieve every Metallica tone with this amp especially the "Black Album" tone. It nails it! // 7

More Diezel reviews rating category latest review
+ Herbert 8.9 Guitar Amplifiers 12/09/2010