CD300 Review

manufacturer: Drive date: 02/12/2010 category: Guitar Amplifiers
Drive: CD300
The Drive CD300 Guitar Combo Amp crams 30W of power, a 10" speaker, 2 channels, 3-band EQ, headphone jack, gain and volume controls, channel select switch, and a footswitch jack in one value-priced package.
 5.1
 6.4
 3.8
reviews (2) 3 comments vote for this gear:
CD300 Reviewed by: Incubus=Science, on july 27, 2007

Purchased from: eBay

Features: Features happens to be the first question asked followed by a one word answer, nothing. The only things that this amp can do are use a clean and distorted channel. Obviously you have your three knob eq system but really nothing that deals with effects. This is a low watt amp, at least it's higher than 15. My amp is about two years old, it's still in perfect condition though. This includes one headphone jack and one 1/4 plug in jack. A solid beginners amp. // 5

Sound: The sound really isn't that bad at all even though there are about zero features. The clean channel is actually clean at high volumes and there is a pretty low feedback rate when distortion on 10. This amps distortion is pretty good, not really hard core but it's good. Once again this is really a beginners amp. // 7

Reliability & Durability: This is quite durable, if I were to use it for a gig then I wouldn't need a backup. This amp is pretty solid. Then again not many things could go wrong with any of it's features, since there are none. This is realiable but not nearly good enough for a bigger room gig. Still Remains in perfect condition after a year of usage though. After that it's really time to upgrade. // 9

Overall Impression: This amp is by no means impressive. It simply does the job of amplifying. So if you are a person Who is new to guitar and doesn't want to shell out 200 dollars then this is a good amp. If this were stolen or lost I might just get another since this amp is such a good deal. So overall a 6 for a regular guitarist and a 10 for all beginners. // 6

CD300 Reviewed by: salgala2000, on february 12, 2010

Purchased from: Guitar-Villa

Features: I don't know what year this amp was made in, but I bought it new in 2008. It has a clean and distortion channels along with a jack for a footswitch and headphones, and of course the input. This amp goes plenty loud for home practice. (I can be in my room, have all doors locked and the sound will go through two floors and can be heard easily in the basement). I wouldn't trust it for a bigger room gig. It is a combo amp and is 40W. It has treble, middle, and bass controls. It also has a distortion button, clean volume, distortion volume, and gain. // 5

Sound: I use an Epiphone special 2 with stock pickups. (I know getting a knew axe soon). I play basically anything. When I play metal the distortion is kind of weak. You get more of a grunge like distortion than a metal. On the clean channel its good because it has the treble, middle, and bass controls which help design a sound but still this is a beginner's amp. The amp is not noisy except when on distortion, but this may be because of my terrible pickups. When I play my bass through this amp it has a very noisy hum. When you turn it off it has a terrible popping sound, especially on distortion. // 6

Reliability & Durability: This amp has never broken down on me. If I were playing a small enough gig I would use it without a backup but I would never use it at a gig because of sound quality. The plug to plug it in the back is kind of loose. I'm not sure if this is with all amps. If you don't plug it it right it can come loose. // 7

Overall Impression: I play metal along with clean rock stuff. This is a beginner's amp so it's ment to fit everything a little but its not great at anything. If it were lost or stolen I would probably buy it again because its cheap and now I have pedals so I don't need to worry about the terrible features. Overall its a great amp to start with but plan to replace it after 2 years or so. // 6

More Drive reviews rating category latest review
+ Wildfire 7.6 Bass Guitars 07/31/2009