EP-1000R Review

manufacturer: Epiphone date: 03/07/2005 category: Guitar Amplifiers
Epiphone: EP-1000R
It features a spring reverb and tube distortion effect builitin. It has 25 Watts of power that is feed into a 12" speaker. Another great bonus is its 2-channel operation (clean and overdrive), and a footswitch jack for channel select.
 5.8
 5.6
review (1) user comments vote for this gear:
EP-1000R Reviewed by: unregistered, on march 07, 2005

Features: This amp includes a headphone and foot jack, e-drive distortion, and treble, mid range and bass EQ controls. This amp also has two channels (clean and distortion). I think this amp quite stong enough for frequent gigging sice its built tough and road tested (it says in the manual). It also has a reverb. // 6

Sound: I think the sound is great in minor gigs such as parties but it can't cope with the bigger amps in big concerts. The distortion I say is quite good for intermmidiate guitar players. Its distortion also is good even at high volumes. I think this amp is made for Les Paul guitars but it is also sounds good with my Yamaha EG-112. // 6

Reliability & Durability: I can say it's reliable since my dad had this amp for four years before giving it to me. It has never broken down. The lifetime of the amp really depends on the owner. // 6

Overall Impression: I think this amp is good for small gigs only. I also think that this amp can be a collector's item since you rarely a gibson amp in my place. This amp has a great sound for its size. I only wish that this amp has additional effects like the Zoom Fire 30 or Roland. This amp is also suitable for almost any electric guitar since I used my Yamaha EG-112 on it. I also tested the Yamaha RGX110 and Squier Strat Affinity series and it works fine with my amp. // 6

More Epiphone reviews rating category latest review
+ EJ-200CE 8.2 Acoustic Guitars 12/19/2014