700 ROC PRO Review

9.8
review (1) 5 comments vote for this gear:
700 ROC PRO Reviewed by: EddieOwen, on december 09, 2010

Purchased from: MDM

Features: I do not know what year it was made, the guy, Mick who I bought it off said it was made in 1995 but he refurbished it. It is versatile enough to play many different genres, I mostly play really heavy stuff but when I'm feeling chilled I can Switch to clean and it sounds like a dream.It comes with a foot pedal which you use to Switch between overdrive and clean, it can also add in Reverb. On clean setting it has Treble, Middle and Bass. On Overdrive it has Gain, Treble, Middle and Bass. The only feature I wish it had is a Headphone jack input. But I normally use a smaller, quieter amp for practice so that does not really matter. I use this amp when I am performing, it is 200 watt so is perfect for that. // 10

Sound: I am using a Washburn WI200 with EMG pickups with it. It is perfect for the styles that I play, when needed the distortion setting will destroy any Justin Bieber fans ears. It is very quiet when not being played, but when played it will melt your ears, the sheer volume this amp is capable of is ridiculous. It has a pretty diverse sound system, you can noodle around with the settings a lot and create new, original sounds. The clean channel is like an angel, it wont crack up at loud volumes and will turn even the blackest of hearts into gold. For how brutal the distortion is: Imagine a buffalo, then imagine 5000 more buffalo's stood behind it, then imagine each one of those with a freakin' machine gun. That brutal. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I can defiantly depend on it, it's been going 15 years without fault. It can handle a gig. I would not use it at a gig without backup, but that is not to do with the amp itself. Just in case something falls on the amp or something. It has never broken down, and I doubt it will for many more years to come. // 10

Overall Impression: I play metal, it is a very good match. The awesome sound and volume is perfect for any metalhead, well, it's perfect for anyone. Seriously, this amp is AMAZING. I have been playing 8 years and own loads of stomp pedals, 4 amps and 4 guitars. If it were stolen/lost I would certainly buy it again. I love the whole concept of it, it looks great, it sounds great, it is great. The only slightly bad thing as mentioned earlier is the need for a headphone jack input. I'll say it again, if you want to buy this amp but are not sure whether to get it screw your second thoughts and buy. This amp is a god. // 10

More Fender reviews rating category latest review
+ Jazzmaster - Lee Ranaldo Signature 8.6 Electric Guitars 12/19/2014