Champion 110 Review

9.7
 9.4
review (1) pictures (2) 1 comment vote for this gear:
Champion 110 Reviewed by: jeffo46, on july 06, 2012

Features: This is a late 1980's/early 1990's USA made in Corona, Ca. Model. It weighs in at 25 lbs. And has 2 channels, Clean and Gain with 2 Volume control for each channel along with a channel selector switch. The other controls are Gain, Treble, Midrange, Bass, and Reverb, along with 1 input jack for your guitar and 3 more for headphones, line out, and Footswitch. It has a 10" Speaker with a power handling of 75 watts but the amp is only rated at a very loud 25. This is what Fender had out before the introduction of the Frontman series in the mid 1990's. // 10

Sound: This amp is much more powerful than the Frontman 25R Combos and does not break up at high volumes. It has that classic Fender clean tone to it which is suitable for Blues and Classic Rock, etc. The Gain on this is also quite suitable IMO, for any genre of music. I'm sure if you turn the volume on this to around 8 or so, you will get some hum, but that's to be expected with any amp if you go and try to max it out. You'll also get hum if you're using Single Coils with this just as if you would with any other amp. I'm using my ESP LTD M-15 and my 2 Fender Strats with this amp and I could definitely gig with this at a small gig and a large, providing I hook up a extension cabinet to it. // 10

Reliability & Durability: Let's see here, it's solid state and American made which is a huge plus. So those are 2 pluses already in my book. The prior owner obviously took very good care of this amp, and now that I own it, I intend to do the same as well. I bought back to GC, a brand new Fender Frontman 25R I had bought several days ago, because the stock speaker on the clean channel, started breaking up after I would hit the volume anywhere after 3. I don't have that problem at all with this lil' beast at all. // 10

Overall Impression: Considering that this amp is at least 22 years old or so, it's in very good condition and sounds like it just came off the assembly line. I guess any of these USA made Fender amps that were made before the mid 90's or so, are the ones to buy, if you want something that's really high quality and is guaranteed to last. I've been playing for 40 years and this is one of the best SS amps I've ever come across. If anything ever happened to it, I would definitely get another one, seeing that they're not that hard to come by and are relatively inexpensive right now. So if you want a USA made amp for a low price with a great tone to it, then you can't go wrong with one of these Fender Champion 110's as far as I'm concerned. // 10

More Fender reviews rating category latest review
+ American Telecaster Plus Deluxe Version II 8.2 Electric Guitars 10/07/2014