G-DEC Review

manufacturer: Fender date: 08/05/2010 category: Guitar Amplifiers
Fender: G-DEC
The G-DEC is an ideal amplifier system for beginning guitarists who can easily learn to play in time and have fun from day one, and is great for the experienced musician as a song writing tool or just a fun practice amp that will keep you playing longer and more frequently.
 Features: 8.5
 7.9
 8.4
 7.3
reviews (13) 52 comments vote for this gear:
G-DEC Reviewed by: deathbat411, on january 05, 2007

Features: This amp features too much too speak of, but to start off, it has 50 different preset channels. There are sounds for most types of metal, hardcore, punk, blues, jazz, mainstream rock, reggae, pretty much everything. It has many effects and you have the ability to shape your own custom sound and then save it. The Fender G-DEC features drum and bass loops with basic drum patterns from a Led Zepplin song, Run to the Hills, double bass kick, surf music and many more. FOr the drum loops you can even change the tempo! G-DEC has an extra guitar input so two people can use it at once, helpful for harmonized guitar parts. It has a headphone jack and a CD input so can jam with your CDs. The Fender G-DEC has 15 watts of power. // 10

Sound: I use a Cort guitar and a Peavey Predator with it and it sounds great. I play heavy stuff like Slayer, Avenged Sevenfold, and Trivium and it sounds great (for the above, I suggest using channel 25). It's 15 watts of power is pretty loud. I don't use it for band practices, but for jamming with my friends. The many different channels of distortion range from just overdrive to very brutal distortion. My pickups suck, so I do get a tiny bit of feedback though. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I wouldn't trust it to be loud enough at a gig, but at jam sessions with friends, who don't have much bigger amps, it works well. It doesn't have a metal grill like my bass amp so I wouldn't throw spears at the front or anything but it is pretty reliable. It has never broken down and I've had it awhile now, so I do trust it. // 7

Overall Impression: FOr the third time, I play heavy stuff like Slayer, Trivium, Avenged Sevenfold and it sounds great. I've been playing awhile now and the only other guitar amp I own is a Spider II 112 and a Roland Cube 15. For features, it beats both, and for power, it beats the Cube 15. The Spider is more powerful though. I love the brutal distortion for my heavy metal. I someone stole it, I'd buy it again, or go on a secret mission with an M16 and a pair of night vision goggles and find the man that stole my amp. // 9

G-DEC Reviewed by: zach2012, on december 05, 2005

Purchased from: blount school of music

Features: This amp just came out 6 months ago. This makes it easy for me to play my favorite rock songs. It has 50 chanels with different sound effects. You can edit these sound effects with the built in tools. There is no feature that I could think of that would be better on this G-DEC. I use this amp at home with the stereo wcich can be pluged in through the aux wire. The power is unbeliveable it is so frekin loud it isn't funny and it comes with a 5 year waranty if you have the nerve to blow the speakers. // 9

Sound: This amp has a state of the art pedal built in with it and you never pick up not wanted sound. You can set the distortion level as high or low as you like and it works with electric and acoustic guitars. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This amp is very dependable I would use it at a small gig without backup. But it is compatable with speakers so you can blow people away at arenas too. This amp has never broken down and I love it. // 9

Overall Impression: I play mostly punk rock and it helps me out alot I havent counted how long I have been playing and I used to own a Beheringer and it isn't near as good as the G-DEC like I said it only came out about 6 months ago and it is the best uou can buy. // 10

G-DEC Reviewed by: UberBenny, on november 05, 2007

Purchased from: a friend

Features: Although I'm not exactly sure on most of the Specs of the G-DEC, I can say a few things about this Amplifier and it's features. It has 50 channels, a few effects, and a 2 headphone jacks. It comes with the ability to play drums and bass, however it only plays a certain song. On the setting "Hammer o' Gods", the drums and bass match only one song. The Immigrant Song, by Led Zeppelin. Now believe me, I love Zeppelin. But I want to be able to control these bass riffs that keep messing my playing up. After fiddling with the Amps' controls, I found (after a very frustrating hour) the bass cannot be turned off. This Amps' power is absolutely pitiful. After playing a funky little blues riff, Mr. G-DEC decided to blow out at volume level 5. // 7

Sound: Simply put, all tone knobs on my guitar are always up, as well as the Amps' tone. However, my volume remained low on this Amp, and it still didn't take the noise. It suits 50 different music styles, from death metal, funk, disco (yes, I know), surf guitar etc. This amp comes with some truly nice effects, but can't power those effects. The amp also comes complimentary with lots o' distortion just for you. Even the cleanest channel (Funk Rhythm) had some major Feedback and distortion. And believe me, I tried several Input cables just to come to the conclusion that this amp is chock fulla confusion and some anger. Did I mention it's volume can't be higher than 4? // 6

Reliability & Durability: Don't depend on this Amp for anything, except your daughters' next guitar party. Granted, it's a sweet sounding (although often frustrating) Amp that does come with 50 different presets, it blows out after a few months use (irregularly), and 300 dollars of servicing. Please people, you can do much better than this. I wouldn't use this thing anywhere except the privacy of my own home, and even that is embarrassing when the wife, mother, whoever you Live with has friends over that hear some small faint noise. Either that's you crying from the money wasted, or the Immigrant Songs' faint bass line. // 3

Overall Impression: I'm a rock/blues kinda guy, and I can already tell you this did suit my bluesy style. I've only been playing for about 6 months, and I could tell you this thing may be good for quiet practice on a Saturday night, but that's about it. I wish I asked for a Marshall something-rather. However, I do love the many playing styles, as this could fit all (or nearly all) of your musical desires. Once again, that said, you couldn't turn this guitar up to eleven even if you were a sorcerer! It's destruction is inevitable. // 5

G-DEC Reviewed by: rnguitarist, on june 16, 2005

Features: The effects menu includes mono delay, tape delay, stereo tape delay, ducking delay, reverse delay, autopan delay, sine chorus, triangle chorus, sine flange, triangle flange, phaser, tremolo, pitch shift, touch wah, fixed wah, vibratone, autoswell, alienator, resolver, fuzz, overdrive, and effective combinations like touch wah/fuzz, ring modulation/delay, fuzz/delay, overdrive/delay, chorus/delay, flange/delay, phaser/delay, and alienator/delay. There also is an effects level control. Reverb selections include ambient, small room, large room, small hall, large hall, arena, small plate, large plate, spring, and '63 spring. All of these effects have parameters that can be adjusted, so there are an infinite number of possible guitar sounds. Features: - 15W power - 8" Fender Special Design speaker - One channel with dual inputs (instructor setup) - Headphone jack - Easy preset navigation - Tones from Heavy Metal to Jazz to Punk to Country - Selectable drum beats, bass lines, and other instruments - 70 preset drum loops and metronome - 100 Performance Presets (50 factory, 50 user) - 17 amp models - 29 studio-quality effects - 10 Reverbs - Each preset includes a drum loop, bass line, amp tone, and effects - LCD screen - Controllable tempo - Internal synth with MIDI - Lots of effects - Guitar tuner - Internal phrase sampler with line in and slow down - Future software upgrades loaded via MIDI - Shoulder strap for easy carrying - Black Tolex with silver grille cloth. // 10

Sound: The amp settings are: tweed (1-3), blackface (1-3), dynatouch (1-4), british (1-3), modern (1-3), and acoustic. There are standard tone controls such as gain, volume, bass, middle, treble, noise gate, and compressor, as well as special timbre settings like full body, full stack, razor's edge and more. // 10

Reliability & Durability: It has never broken down and comes with a 5 year warranty from Fender. This is a home amp (not to use in concert). // 10

Overall Impression: Mostly I'm into calssic rock and its a pretty good match because of all the distortions and delays. I've been playing for about 7 years now and I've never seen a little practice amp like it! After comparing it to alot of other amps with built in effects this won by a landslide because of pricing and sound. If it ever was stolen I would buy another one in a heartbeat! // 10

G-DEC Reviewed by: CoventryEngland, on november 19, 2007

Purchased from: Music City

Features: The amp was made in 2005. The GDEC has thousands combos for many styles like; rock, metal, punk, country, ragae, pop, and even hip-hop. It has one channel and contains effect loops and has a headphone jack that instantly mutes the amp's speaker when you plug your headphones in. There's nothing in my mind that it would need except for midi to usb cables which is not sold with the amp. Please Fender include these cables next time! There are no features I will never use. I use this amp at home or at a friends house. This amp is really loud. It has a lot of power (or balls if you prefer). This amp doesn't use tubes. // 9

Sound: I used my 2005 Squier Stratocaster with 3 humbucket pickups. The amp fits my music style perfectly and my styles are blues, rock, metal and punk. The amp can be noisy or it can be quiet because there is a noise gate in it which blocks the excess hum from you guitar and interference around the amp. The amp has many effects like fuzz, wah-wah, overdrive, and none for an acoustic sound. There are more effects but I rather let you find 'em. It also has different amp sounds for more variety of sound. The clean channel is still clean at high volumes. The distortion setting is adjustible by decimal nubmers like 7.5 or 10.0. I contains Drum and bass loops as well. Some genre settings will contain a piano or other instruments. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I can depend on it as I do with a Marshall amp. I depend on Marshall and Fender amps. It is not for use in a gig but it is good for home use and small areas. The amp has never ever broken down on me and for this I give Fender a high five for this. // 10

Overall Impression: Overall, this amp is good for all genre and fits my style perfectly. If someone stole my amp I would be pissed off at them and I would track them down. I would replace it because it's a sweet amp. I 100 percent love this amp. Worth the money indeed. I love to play with the distortion. compared to the Fender 15g amp it beat it 20-3. Buy this amp you'll thank me later. Eric Johnson likes this amp too. // 10

G-DEC Reviewed by: Swayver, on june 10, 2010

Purchased from: Sweetwater

Features: This thing is Jam packed full of onboard effects and presets. There are 50 presets of famous tones and 50 editable presets to choose from. Built in metronome and drum loops are great help with timing when practicing. Can pretty much play any style with this amp. Although as with most fenders this has a way better clean tone than distorted. Also has MIDI accompanyment that can be edited on a computer with a MIDI cable. I bought the pedal for this amp. Alows you to Switch between presets, record loop, playback look and overdub, also activates drum loops at touch of a footswitch, was 70.00 USD. I use this amp mainly for bedroom practice and the 30 watts is plenty loud, even too loud at times. Great practice amp. // 9

Sound: I am using an Ibanez ARC300 with dual humbuckers on this amp. It sounds pretty good with clean tones. Cranking the amp and heavy overdrive and the amp sounds bad, this amp sounds way better at lower volumes. Also has a tendacy to be kinda of noisy however there in a built in noise gate feature that can elimate this, however you sacrifice tone. Pretty much any genre except metal can be achieved with this amp. Amp does not handle distortion or high volumes well. With over 100 presets and countless effects the tone possibilties are endless and will have you fiddling for hours and hours. This amp is best for clean tones with delay, chorus, wah, even some fuzz. Does not handle distortion well. // 7

Reliability & Durability: Amp is very solidly built. Have had it for over 2 years now and it has held up very nicely under heavy use. Still looks brand new and I have never had a problem with it dispite all the electronic components in this one. This amp is very reliable so far. Only thing I had go wrong with this amp is the foot pedal I purchased with it. A Switch on the pedal broke. However I sent it back and they sent me a brand new one. // 10

Overall Impression: I play mainly classic rock and a lot of clean playing for over 6 years now so this amp is great for me. There are some times I wanna get heavy tho and this amp just doesn't handle gain and distortion well. I think I should have researched and played some amps tho before buying this one. I really would like a nice tube amp, however for a practice amp you can't really go wrong here. Its got every practice feature you could want in an amp and plenty of volume. Love this amp for its versatility and practice capabilities. I hate this amp because of its inablility to handle heavy gain and distortion. Also do not like the fact there are no analog EQ controls, on a tone knob adjust treble. Overall this is a very nice practice amp, maybe not for metal or hardrock players tho. Doesn't quite get there in that department. Only real thing I would recommend this amp for is versitily and practice, gigging is possible however you can find better tone for your money. // 8

G-DEC Reviewed by: Kajinaga, on august 05, 2010

Purchased from: Mom's Music

Features: If you want an amp that's a like a band in a box, then this is the amp for you. It features tons of cool backing tracks that range from many different types of genres. You can edit to where you only hear the drums, change the tempo, and the key as well! It's great for those who want to learn to play with others, cause it's like a whole band is already with you. Although with all the neat tracks it has, all the different sounds, it does not let you create your own custom tracks. Which is sad. =( It has 5 ports: 2 input ports, a headphone port, Midi In/Out port, and an Aux In port. It also has 15 watts, an 8" speaker, a tuner, and an small LED screen. I think that they could've done better with the amp though. It seems it was made with a new generation type feel, but yet it doesn't have a USB port. This would have topped it off for me. The amp has a lot of power for small concerts. I've used it only in small buildings with crowds up to 500 people. If you are looking for more power with it though, I'd suggest buying some bigger speakers. =P // 6

Sound: This amp has tons of brutal sounds, it's like 100 guitar effects in one! It has fuzz, wah, delay, vibrato, tremolo, and more! It also comes with a few different amp settings so you can set up just the way you like it! If you want to sound like the Stones, change the amp to British 2, pop on the fuzz, and play that Satisfaction! No matter what style you play, it has the sound for you. You can even make your electric guitar sound like an acoustic! You can also change what the environment sounds like! So if you're in your room and want to play in say... a large hall, it has a set for that! It has nearly every sound out there. It gives you 50 different channels to set your own sounds on. I have many different ones such as one for my standard metal like Judas Priest and Black Sabbath, I have one for Stevie Ray Vaughan, and also for Joe Satriani stuff. The amp also comes with 50 preset channels that have a range of genre styles. It's got a few for each style. Rock, Metal, Jazz, Blues, Bluegrass, Surf Rock, and even a few preset guitarists like Jimi Hendrix, Aerosmith, and Pink Floyd. You get clean enough to pick Chet Atkins, and distorted enough to shred Dethklok. That's what makes this an awesome amp to have. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I already rely heavilly on this amp as it's the only one I currently have. I have used it for about 2-4 years now and it's running just fine. The amp comes with a strap so that way it's easier to carry and that also lessens the worry of dropping it on accident. This is currently my main amp and I'm proud to use it. The only problem I've ever had with it was when I was playing one night during a thunderstorm, the power went out and it deleted all my saved channels I had, but then again, I can sorta blame myself for that one! Besides that, I have had 0 problems with this amp. // 8

Overall Impression: Without this amp, I would not be as good as I am today. It has introduced me into so much. It's a great amp to learn with. I've been playing for 7 years, and this amp has most of those years really easy. When I learn a new lick, I usually get on the amp and see how many different genre's/backing tracks I can implement it on. The amp is a great way to get your rhythm down and to prepare playing with other people. I've played everything on this amp from blues and country to metal and malmsteen, this amp can and will provide the sound and quality you want. This is an amp that I recommend as a must have for those guitarist who have been playing a year or two. It's one that will help you step up your game greatly. The only thing that I dislike about it is that if you want to change sounds in the middle of a song, it's not like a pedal where you can keep playing and you kick a knob. It has a knob that you turn which surfs through your channels. That's the only real flaw I can find with it, everything else was beautifully designed. I wish it would have a speed trainer with it though. That would top the icing. A metronome that slowly goes up in tempo which allows you to slowly but surely get your licks faster and proficient. This amp to me is a one of a kind. It's like so many selections in one. If I had a kid who wanted to learn to play guitar, I would definitely buy him this. // 8

G-DEC Reviewed by: meta1militia, on june 21, 2006

Purchased from: Local Guitar Store

Features: The features on this amp are amazing for the price. You can get any sound out of this amp thats possible with a guitar. The only effect it's lacking in variety is delay, which it still has a good sound to it. You can make the amp sound like you're playing in a stadium, small room, hallway, or any other setting you can imagine. The built-in drum machine is great too. Up to 240 bpm (which is what I have to use sometimes) and over 50 different drum patterns. Also has MIDI hook ups, second guitar input, headphone jack, tuner, and a bunch of other small things. // 10

Sound: The sounds you can get out of this amp are very great. The only thing that I use through this is a wah pedal and a distortion pedal sometimes. The presets have a built in wah, but I don't use that when I'm trying to record. The distortion already on the amp doesn't have the crunch I need, but it's mainly because of my guitars stock pick ups. This amp sounds amazing. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I love this amp. It is very reliable and I have taken it many places. I would not use it at a gig, simply because it's a practice at home type of amp. It hasn't broken down on me in the year that I've had it, and still works great. // 9

Overall Impression: I have been playing guitar for around 4 years and I still love this amp. It is definately a must have for a small playing area. I even record a lot of songs onto computer with this amp, so the quality is excellent. If the amp was stolen, I would get it again if I had the money, but unfortunately, I'm broke. There's nothing to hate about this amp, only that you didn't get it sooner. I usually use the Screaming preset without compression and high noisegate. I only wish this amp had a bit more crunch sometimes, but if you just need it for a bedroom, it's perfect for you. // 9

G-DEC Reviewed by: unregistered, on october 12, 2006

Purchased from: Anthony's Music

Features: This amp only came on the market a few years ago, and out of several amps I've used, including a Fender Frontman 15G and Marshall G15RCD, this is the best amp I have ever used. I play mostly punk pop (Blink 182, Sum 41), and some metal (Metallica, Avenged Sevenfold) and this amp can handle anything I want to play. There are 29 effects build into this state of the ART amp, over 10 amp types, several reverbs and, best of all 50 user and 50 performance presets, so you can save all your sounds into the amp and recall them with the grey data wheel. As well as all this, there is a build in drum machine, with adjustable tempo and beat, two inputs, 8 inch speaker, and auxiliary inputs, so you can add speakers or play CDs through the amp and play along with your songs. You can also focus on bass, lead, drums, or cancel bass or guitar while the CD is playing with the aux controls. // 10

Sound: At the moment I'm using a Squier SE-100 Bullet Strat with the standard pickups and 0.11-0.51 gauge strings, and the G-DEC manages to handle all my favourite styles of music. You can play anything from country to punk or jazz to metal using the onboard effects and amp types, or if your not feeling too creative, there are already 50 presets in the amp, which covers every style of music. The best volume to keep this amp on is 2-3, as you get more definiton in the tone. When you start to go past this, to about 5 or 6, you may get a more fuzzy tone, instead of a clear, tight tone. On a clean channel, on a volume of 5, you will hear distortion in the background. However, if you go to the amp menu button and scroll down you will find compressor and noise gate. Turn the noise gate to super and the compressor to off on all your clean settings and they will have no distortion at all. Do this to you other settings too for minimum feedback, but don't forget, if you use distortion you still will get feedback if you turn the volume past 5. // 9

Reliability & Durability: This amp has not broken down yet, as I've only had it for about seven weeks, and I do expect it to last at lest 5 years. However, when I got mine after two weeks my custom presets disappeared. Anyway, turns out it was the battery (the thing that holds presets), and mine just got sold with a f--ked up one, so I had to go 5 days without it. But that is totally uncommon, so don't let it stop you from buying one, 'cause more than likely yours will be perfect. // 9

Overall Impression: Listen, I'm only 13 an this amp suits all styles of music, so no matter what you like this amp will be able to cater for your needs. The only amp I owned before this was an SP10, which sounds like crap compared to this. The only thing you should ask when you buy this is how to control effects, because some of them are pretty retarded, especially alienator. I love this amp and if it were stolen I'd hunt down the guy that stole, beat the crap out of him, piss on him, and shove a drum stick up his ass. This amp is perfect and you will not regret buying it. Rock on! // 10

G-DEC Reviewed by: xxoo, on april 25, 2007

Purchased from: ordered

Features: The G-DEC is still relatively new, I guess. It has a ton of different special effects to change the sound of the guitar. Anything from blues and country to alternative and hardcore. I love this amp because it's so versatile. It has lots of features even drum beats and a tuner built into it. You can even record whatever you play (only 14 seconds though) so that you can play something like a lead ride over a rhythm track you recorded. It comes with two input jacks so you can play with a friend on the same amp or you can use the second input jack (like I do) and hook up your iPod or mp3 and play along with a song (The cord you need to hook up your mp3 to your amp isn't included with the amp). It also has a headphone jack so you can hook up your headphones to the amp and not bother your neighbors (or your mom). It even has a strap so you can carry it around easily. It also comes with 50 preset tones and drumbeats. // 10

Sound: I play a Fender telecaster and I'm not too happy with my actual guitar which has a softer sound (I'm hoping to get a '61 Gibson SG Reissue). But the actual G-DEC is great. The distortion is clean and you can even set it on an overdrive so you can play those fast metal solos high up on the neck and get a clean, loud sound. I play anything from Elliot Smith to Hawthorne Heights with my G-DEC and it takes a bit of tweaking, but the range of sound you can get from such a small amp is awesome. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I can't say I'm 100% happy with the quality of the amp. The first time I ordered a G-DEC, the volume knob broke in a matter of 1 or 2 weeks. The one I have now sometimes screws up when I'm changing something like the drumbeats & the tempo or just changing from a preset tone to preset tone. It's a little irritating, but it comes with a 5-year warranty which I believe people are going to need if they order it online and have it delivered in such conditions (such as a truck with workers and UPS people Who couldn't care less if your amp broke or not). // 6

Overall Impression: I play a wide variety of music and I'm definately happy with the range that the G-DEC allows you to have. I've been playing the guitar for about 2 years now, but this is the only amp I own. If this amp was stolen, I'd definately buy it again (or just find the person who took it and save myself some money). My favorite feature is the headphone jack. Lame, I know, but it's useful when I'm playing late at night so I don't bother anyone. But this is a great little amp and it packs in a lot of power. I'd definately recommend this to guitar players, professional or beginner. // 10

G-DEC Reviewed by: Colton165, on may 23, 2007

Purchased from: Musiciansfriend.com

Features: The G-DEC (Guitar Digital Entertainment Center) is the most versatle amp I have ever played without pedals, and amp head or any external effects. It features a MIDI in/out, audio in/out, a headphone jack, 2 inputs, 15W, an 8" speaker, 49 tone presets, amp tones, an internal MIDI synthezizer, drum and bass loops, a metronome, a tuner, and a phrase sampler, there's really not much you can't do with this amplifier. // 10

Sound: I am using this amp to play anything I want, because it can do it! Sure, it's digital and won't sound as authenic as the real tones form those amps, but you get so much variety in one package, you can play any style! it is not noisy naturally, as you can conrol the compressor gate or feedback using the interface buttons on the front of the amp. If you want it to be clean, either use a clean preset, such as 01-Chicago Blues, or make your own preset and save it! You can name the presets different things by using the interface also. This amp is capable of going to the Earth's core and reaching into space because of it's versatility. // 10

Reliability & Durability: For a Live show, you couldn't depend on it, unless you had backup. I, however use this as a practice amp, as it is 15W. You can, however, hook it to a speker/other amp because of it's 2 input jacks. This is a very dependable amp, as it has never given me any problems. However, if you do experience problems with it, either ship it to a Fender repair shop, as it is so sensitive, being digital and all, or a very experienced repairman Who has already repaired one of these. // 9

Overall Impression: I play all styles of music, but the style I play most is heavy metal. This amp is a good match for heavy metal, let alone any style of music. I have been playing for 2 years now and this is a very useful piece of equipment. This is a near-perfect amplifier, and if it were stolen, I would either get another, or, get it's big brother, the G-DEC 30, as it has a 10" speaker, more presets, and 30W of power. I chose this amp as it could do anything I wanted it to, and it does. I highly recommend this amplifier to players of any kind of music. // 10

G-DEC Reviewed by: masterclaw, on october 31, 2007

Purchased from: www.thomann.de

Features: As written before the amp is coming with 50 Presets where you can jam to. These presets you can change and store to the amp. Unfortunately you cannot define own presets without overwriting the existing ones. The amp has 17 amp simulations and 29 effects. It has a midi interface where midi files can be played from a PC or new SysEx Dump (.syx) files can be transmitted to the amp. Midi (.mid) files cannot be stored in the amp! Only SysEx Dump files can be stored and used without an extra device. The amp is a pure "home amp" and that was also the aim of Fender, it's not very loud but enough for jamming at home. You cannot plug in a footswitch (this is only possible on the bigger G-DEC 30). Also it is impossible to get a real clean sound. Therefore it's hard to put any external effects to the map. This is sad but in principle you can come close to a clean sound for playing. // 6

Sound: The sound is OK and sufficient for jamming at home. The presets are well chosen and therefore I cannot complain. As written before it is impossible to get a real clean sound. You can come close to it but if you hit the strings too hard it starts distorting. In some adjustments it's a little bit to noisy but also OK for this device. // 7

Reliability & Durability: It's a pure "home amp" therefore this category isn't that important. So far I did not have any problems therefore I cannot complain as well. It doesn't looks very robust but is has not to be when it stands at home. The buttons are easy to press and therefore the handling is very easy and hard pressure is not necessary. Therefore I think the will survive for a long time. // 9

Overall Impression: I play everything from Blues to Rock and that's what the amp was made for. You can just plug in the guitar and start playing to one of the presets. Even if you never used the amp before you can start without reading the manual as you can operate the amp intuitionally. As mentioned before some features are missing as the possibility to use a footswitch or to create own presets without overwriting the standard ones but all in all I love this little amp and btw. It is not as heavy as a comparable Vox AD15VT so you could also easily carry it for jam sessions with friends. If it were stolen/lost, would you buy it again or get something else? Hopefully it will never be stolen as the device will never leave my flat again. It really makes fun to play with this device and the price is fair as well. But don't expect a "gig amp"! // 7

G-DEC Reviewed by: Deanwings79, on february 18, 2009

Features: The Fender G-DEC is 15 watts of solid state that contains 50 preset channels, and 17 amp models. You can record about 30 seconds of playing time, and play it over a loop and then you can save it. There is many different digital effects that are available to experiment with, and there are 2 guitar input jacks. Basically for me, as a guitar player, this amp is a beginners amp. If you want to buy your kid they're first guitar amp this is what you buy. As for more experienced players that are in bands and need a lot of versatility, this amp won't cut it. This modelling amp is entirely digital, with digital eq, digital effects, and digital sounds. I don't like most of the digital effects, especially the wah since it is not on a pedal, so it's a constant "wah" sound that drones out the original guitar note. There is a guitar tone knob on the amp, with a master volume and a backing track volume knob. There is also 70 drum and bass backing tracks, with controllable tempo. They are very simple. Overall I prefer to get effects from pedals, I don't like effect loops and digital effects, for me they sound too "fake." I find it hard to create the exact effect you want to coexist with your playing. Overall I give the effects a 5, because again, for a first amp it will be very good, but after you start to play better amps made for bands and serious playing you will learn that the G-DEC isn't what you want. // 5

Sound: The volume control is terrible, once the volume gets above 5 for any preset, amp module etc. expect the worst. 15 solid state watts isn't very much and if your trying to jam with drums or another guitar hooked onto a different amp, you need to go high on your volumes, usually 6, 7, 8, 9. At this point all sounds either distort or go right through the noise gate and give you the worst feedback. I tried playing with a drummer not to long ago with it to achieve some sort of opinion and no matter what volume drums drowned it out, and when the drums stopped all hell broke loose. My volume was on 7, and I experienced sound distortion, immense feedback, and overall just crap. When you set the amp module to acoustic setting it's mediocre at best at low volumes and complete crap at high volume. The distortion is really loud, but can sort all styles of playing depending on the amp module your using. The only redeemable quality to the amps sound is it is completely customizable, and again for beginners that is a good thing. I run a Dean ML btw, and the pickups are very trustworthy and work very very well through other amps, and it isn't a cable problem for the same reasons. I've played through Peaveys, better marshalls, and a mesa with my guitar and never got the lack of quality I got from the G-DEC. // 3

Reliability & Durability: I would never, never use this amp for a gig. The high volume problems is too much, and again it's only 15 watts so drums and other guitars hooked up to other amps will drown out the G-DECs sound. But my G-DEC has never broken down, never had a maintenance problem and it's about a year old. I still give this a 5 because of the unreliability for band settings. // 5

Overall Impression: I'm gonna repeat this one more time, if you don't have a guitar amplifier this should be your first one. It gives you a very good introduction into the different types of effects out there, and how to solo against very simple backing tracks. The recording loop is also good to create your own backing tracks. It it were stolen or lost from me, I wouldn't replace it. I would actually start saving up for something better. Basically, good for the beginner, but after that not what you want, there's a lot of toys to play with on the amp, but your trying to play the guitar and if you want to do that the right way, you will need a better amp. // 3

More Fender reviews rating category latest review
+ Modern Player Jaguar Bass 9 Bass Guitars 09/15/2014