Mustang V 412 Cabinet Review

manufacturer: Fender date: 03/07/2012 category: Guitar Amplifiers
Fender: Mustang V 412 Cabinet
This is the latest amp in the Mustang line - it is pretty versatile, it comes preloaded with 99 settings. This amp is very user friendly. With my style this amp is perfect, I'm sure it could fit the needs of any type of electric player.
 9.7
 9.5
 9.8
review (1) pictures (1) 15 comments vote for this gear:
Mustang V 412 Cabinet Reviewed by: unregistered, on march 07, 2012

Purchased from: Guitar Center/Danny Rays Music

Features: This is the latest amp in the Mustang line, I'm not sure, but I think it came out in 2011. This amp is pretty versatile, it comes preloaded with 99 settings. I play blues, jazz, metal, punk, and a lot of other things. It comes with a channel changer and has a nifty headphone jack. This amp is very user friendly. I can't honestly say I have or will ever use all of the effects. At the moment I actively use probably 10 of them at the most. The cab delivers a lot of punch and power, it was loud enough for my 5 piece punk band with the volume only of 5-7. // 9

Sound: I run my modded Ibanez GIO and Fender Telecaster Deluxe 72' reissue through this amp and both sound GREAT! After about 15 minutes of tweaking some of the factory settings and it sounds real awesome. There are a variety of clean and distortion settings. The clean channel(s) sound crisp and clear even at max volume. The distortion setting is one I created on the amp and it's f--king brutal! Another great thing about this amp is its sounds at volume level 1-2, it doesn't sound weak or dummed down, sounds great. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I purchased this amp to replace my Line 6 Spider III. I use this and only this amp whenever I play a show, small or large. The cab is currently having some issues, but that's due to my craming it into the trunk of my Civic every day. I'm sure it's just the cable on one of the speakers. // 10

Overall Impression: With my style this amp is perfect, I'm sure it could fit the needs of any type of electric player. This is a good amp and I could honestly say that it could go head to head with a Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier. I've been playing since I was 13 so, 7 years. I own this amp, my modded Ibanez GIO and my Fender Tele Deluxe, a Line 6 Spider III. I am completely satisfied with this amp and I'm sure it will be with me for many years to come. The only thing I have an issue with is the channel changer it came with, it's not very useful when switching between channel 50 to channel 59 due to the fact that you can only move one channel at a time. Other than that I love this amp! // 9

More Fender reviews rating category latest review
+ Pawn Shop Mustang Special 9.1 Electric Guitars 10/01/2014