Princeton Chorus DSP Review

manufacturer: Fender date: 07/23/2003 category: Guitar Amplifiers
Fender: Princeton Chorus DSP
Great amplifiers not only sound fantastic, they have a responsive feel as well. Touch sensitive dynamics that respond to the inflections in your playing let your identity shine through.
 8.9
 9.3
 8.5
reviews (2) 8 comments vote for this gear:
Princeton Chorus DSP Reviewed by: UG Team, on july 23, 2003

Features: Though this amp is a little dynamo, you WILL get drowned out. The knobs are intuitive and you should be able to get the tone that you want by fiddling with them but the volume does not change much after about 7. // 10

Sound: The clean sound on this amp is nice and full and it does not change the tone of your guitar. The distortion however is VERY noisy and a bit disappointing. I have been disappointed. I added a Tubeworks Blue Tube to get that round tube sound and that helped considerably. Still, I ended up going out and buying a Vintage Rat pedal, I just like it more. The chorus however is a dream. // 8

Reliability & Durability: I have had the guitar for a year and it is ridden around in the trunk of my car through streets that look like Beruit without any problems whatsoever. Like I said, its a Fender! // 10

Overall Impression: You can't really go wrong with Fender. They have been making amps for so long that they have it done. The Princeton Chorus is a good practice amp and great for small to mid sized venues but when you add live drums and a guitarist with a louder amp, you're stuck. // 8

Princeton Chorus DSP Reviewed by: UG Team, on july 23, 2003

Features: The year of the amp is 2002. This is a great amp for metal, rock and punk. It has awesome distortion, which features a limiter device for even more distortion tones. This amp has two channels, Clean and dist. It also has on board dsp effects. Chorus, flanger, reverb, and delay. I use this amp in my band, it is very loud for a fifty watt amp. It is a great solid state amp. // 10

Sound: I use this amp with an Ibanez SC 420, and a Samick Um 4. Both have dual hambucking pickups. They sound great. The clean channel has some of the best clean tones i have ever heard from a non-tube amp. The distortion is mad. It was just as good as my Marshall combo if not better. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I would use this amp anywhere. It is new, but I haven't had a single problem with it. // 8

Overall Impression: I have been playing about three years. I also own a Marshall ATV. I think it is an all around great amp. // 10

More Fender reviews rating category latest review
+ Jazzmaster - Lee Ranaldo Signature 8.6 Electric Guitars 12/19/2014