Roc Pro 1000 Review

8.4
review (1) 42 comments vote for this gear:
Roc Pro 1000 Reviewed by: Intheflesh93, on june 19, 2008

Purchased from: eBay

Features: It has three channels, clean and two gain's. The gain's are tube/valve driven and the clean is solid state. it has a footswitch and an effects loop. It has and acoustic reverb at the back. Basically this means that the sound is somehow put through a spring. This is an advantage because it's natural and traditional rather than using digital reverb and I think it sounds better. // 8

Sound: This amp is really loud! and I mean loud! To give you an idea I have the volume on 5 and gain on 5 and if you go within 10 feet you get massive feedback and chest pounding shound! I dare not turn it up anymore I have never tried as it is soo loud but at this volume and gain level you can get a great sounding feedback (if desired). The distortion has a wide range of strength (if that's the word). // 9

Reliability & Durability: I couldn't really say I've never had any problems with it but then agian I have only had it for a week so it would be unfair to say it's reliable. I havn't seen any signs of it breaking or anything. but as I have to rate it, is the only reason why I did rate it. // 8

Overall Impression: I play bluesy rock, rock, pchycadelic rock, classic rock etc. but I think this amp suits any type of style. The biggest thing is I bought it for 50! I can't believe how much of a bargain it is. It's not old and worn or sounds bad, it is great it's the sort of quality I'd pay 200-300 for. So luckily my dad came acroos this great little bargain! The only thing realisticly that I could wish it to have would be a tube/valve clean channel. // 9

More Fender reviews rating category latest review
+ Pawn Shop Mustang Special 9.1 Electric Guitars 10/01/2014