Sidekick 25 Reverb Review

manufacturer: Fender date: 05/14/2010 category: Guitar Amplifiers
Fender: Sidekick 25 Reverb
My amp was made it 1988. This amp is great for classic rock or blues. It has three inputs, two lead and a clean.
 8.4
 8.5
 8.3
review (1) 1 comment vote for this gear:
Sidekick 25 Reverb Reviewed by: mrmystic, on may 14, 2010

Purchased from: Bookmans

Features: My amp was made it 1988. This amp is great for classic rock or blues. It struggles with high gain for stuff such as early Metallica or Megadeth. This amp has three inputs, two lead and a clean. One of the lead channels seems to be a bit warmer than the other but it could just be the affects of aging. One of the only things I wish it had was an easy way to Switch channels. It has a pedal to Switch reverb on and off. // 8

Sound: I am using a Hamer strat with single coils. I tend to play a wide variety of music, anything from Pink Floyd to Metallica. This amp is great for the price if you want a bluesier tone, but for high gain thrash metal it is far from the best option. The only noise I ever get out of it is due to a bad cable but that is not the amps fault. I have not had a chance to crank it all the way up so I am unsure if it starts to distort at higher volumes. Overall it is great for classic rock or blues. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I would depend on this amp for a gig without worrying. I have only had it a few months but everything seems to be pretty solid and nothing has given me any signs of damage beyond the cosmetics which is to be expected for a used amp. Only thing on it that is slightly worn is the reverb pedal but that was an easy fix with duct tape and it works fine, even though it will split in two pieces if you remove the tape. // 8

Overall Impression: I tend to play everything from the blues to thrash metal and this amp works for a good bit of it. I have been playing for almost a year off my Peavey Rage 158 and this thing is alot better sounding. If this amp was lost or stolen I would do my best to find another one for under $100 but I could live without it if I could not find one for a reasonable price. Compared to alot of modern amps this one sounds alot less digital, but that is most likely due to it being older. One of my favorite features has to be the spring reverb. Only thing I wish it had was a easier way to Switch channels but it is still a great amp for practice or small gigs when on a budget. // 9

More Fender reviews rating category latest review
+ Jaguar HH Special 8.2 Electric Guitars 11/12/2014