Stage 1000 Review

manufacturer: Fender date: 04/18/2005 category: Guitar Amplifiers
Fender: Stage 1000
The new Dyna-Touch III series amps combine great tones, killer looks and ease of use with the excitement of Fender DSP effects. All models include reverb, delay, chorus, flange, tremolo and more!
 7.6
 5.1
review (1) 8 comments vote for this gear:
Stage 1000 Reviewed by: bryan j, on april 18, 2005

Purchased from: B&B music

Features: It is a solid state 100 watt amp with 1 12 inch celestion speaker. It has 3 channels clean, od1, and od2. It comes with effects like delay, chorus, chorus delay, flanger, phaser, vibratone. It comes with a 4 button footswitch (channel select, od1 od2, reverb, effects). It also comes with an onboard tuner and 7 timbre filters which are pretty much eq presets that sound sweet. It's very versatile the clean is amazing and the two distortions work for any type of music while using the timbre filters. Also this amp is loud it shakes things off of my shelves and shadows out my brothers drums almost completely (you can hear the cymbals). // 10

Sound: I use a Epi G400 custom with 3 humbuckers and it sounds amazing. I play all sorts of stuff (most styles) and it does it all amazingly. It buzzs pretty loud on od2 but the other channels are quiet. It squeals if you don't turn the gain down at high volumes although this does not 'cause it to lose any distortion at 2 volume and 9 gain the distortion is the same as 10 volume and 5 gain. It makes all sorts of sounds with the timbre filters and effects (these are not cheap crappy FX they are good FX) the clean channel stays amazingly clean all the time even at 10. You can get nice bluesy distortion on od1 and completely insane distortion on od2. // 10

Reliability & Durability: It comes with a 5 year warranty, and it's never broken down on me so its fairly realiable I guess. // 10

Overall Impression: If this amp were lost or stolen I would not buy it again I would buy the Stage 1600 (same thing 160 watts 2x12s). I also own a Fender Frontman 15 watt whch I thought sounded ok I now realise it did not. My favourite features are the timbre filters because they give you such a variety of possible tones. I compared it to a Marshall MG100DFX, but the MG had crappy FX, crappy clean and completely broke aprat at high volumes. This Fender seems to sound better as it gets louder. I wish it had wheels because its kinda heavy to be carrying around. // 10

More Fender reviews rating category latest review
+ Mustang V (V.2) 9.4 Guitar Amplifiers 12/22/2014