Stage 100 DSP Head Review

manufacturer: Fender date: 06/16/2006 category: Guitar Amplifiers
Fender: Stage 100 DSP Head
You can get amazing sounds out of this Head, that's for sure. More versatile than any other Head in this price range.
 7.2
 9.3
review (1) 4 comments vote for this gear:
Stage 100 DSP Head Reviewed by: acytonestd69, on june 16, 2006

Features: I'm not sure what the year of it is but I know that they discontinued the model in 2000-2003. I love this amp because it has a really descent clean tone and has a hefty amount of effects (I use delay mainly.) I play lead guitar for the rock band Memorybox (find us on MySpace). It has a footswitch and you can do an effects loop which I don't do because it doesn't suit my style over all. The head phone jack is in the back of the amp which is pretty cool. It is a solid state I believe. This amplifier has 100 watts from what I read on the back of the amp and can definitly piss the neighbors off. I never use the dirty channel cause I'm a natural born pedal dancer, So I use the dirty channel as a noise gate. // 9

Sound: I am currently using Ibanez SZ guitars in studio and live plus I'm going to be adding a Paul Reed Smith Tremonti SE to the line up. All the guitars have stock pickups (hum in neck and hum in the bridge). I play with a lot of Treble so I get a lot of feed back and but thats my style and I play pretty loud because I'm trying to get heard and you can't get heard on 1. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I have before and I will again simply because it gives me the sound that Marshall and Vox and all the other companies don't. I am hoping to find another one not as a back up but for touring I'd have one to keep at my house and one to keep at where I practice. I have never had any problem with this amp because I'm good at maintaining stuff that helps me. // 9

Overall Impression: I play hard rock and alt metal. It matches tone wise but when ppl see me playing live they think I am playing a Marshall but I'm really rocking Fender. I play mainly Ibanez guitars and about to pick up PRS soon because of name sake and quality sake and I'm a sucker for Single cut designed guitars but dislike Gibson. the 1 question I wish I had asked is how the dirty channel sounds. I'm nbot going to say it sucks but you'll never catch me playing with it, it works better as a noise gate anyway. If it got stolen I would be pissed because I can't find this amplifier on ebay with out being riped off an arm leg and nut, but I would try and get the same set up or find the ass that stole the original. I love how the clean tone sounds. I hate how the dirty channel sounds.My fav feat of this amp is it belongs to me. I compared it to a Marshall 100 mg head and a Marshall cab that came with it. I choose the Fender because it was there for a long time, and I started playing it and was blown away by how awsome the clean tone was. // 10

More Fender reviews rating category latest review
+ DG-20S 8.3 Acoustic Guitars 07/29/2014