Stage 112 SE Review

Fender: Stage 112 SE
reviews (2) pictures (1) 1 comment vote for this gear:
Stage 112 SE Reviewed by: unregistered, on january 05, 2005

Purchased from: Music Inn, Nottingham

Features: This amp plays all the styles I'm into. I can play some classical stuff, or some jazz on a clean channel with ease and it sounds brilliant. The second channel has distortion which is good for blues rock, classic rock and you can get away with some metal on it. It has a footpedal with it, which has channel switch and reverb on/off which is good for on stage. I'd like it too have some delay on it, but for the price I didn't expect it. I'm going to be using this amp at gigs due to it's size, but I'm still going to be practicing with my 15watt Marshall. // 8

Sound: I'm using it with an Epiphone G-400 SG (Goth) and soon hope to be replacing the pickups with Dimarzio super distortion, which sound nice with his amp. This amp is ridiculously loud, it's not a bed room amp, as when the volume is at 1, it's pretty loud. It's pretty clean at high volumes, and the distortion is a good all round distortion. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I would use this amp without a backup at a gig, because it's never let me down. It goes out everyweek and sounds great. Never broken down under my care, I don't know about any problems before it came in contact with me. // 10

Overall Impression: This amp will be great for anyone who plays with other people and wants to do gigs. It's prefect for that, but not for practicing in the bedroom. I've been playing a few years and it sounds great along side my Crybaby. If it was stolent, I don't think I would buy it again, I would save up for an Orange or an old Marshall. I bought this amp over newer amps like the Spider 2 or the Marshall MG50DFX. Normally I go with Marshall, but they lack a nice clean tone when you buy an MG series one. I chose this because the price was nice and so was the clean tone. I shall be getting an overdrive pedal soon, something much heavier. // 10

Stage 112 SE Reviewed by: saddam, on december 05, 2003

Features: I bought this one second hand, but I think it was made in 1992. It has basic features(2 channels, eq, reverb). It comes with a footswitch for the channels and reverb. It's solid state, but it has great distortion though. I wish it had some more effects but hell. I use it for gigs and practicing at home and with my band. it has 120watts, so that's enough. // 8

Sound: I'm playing an Ibanez rg320dx on this and it sounds great! I play punkrock, grunge, some metal, this amp does it all. It's not noisy or anything. the clean channel does not distort at any volume. As I said before, for a solid state it has real good distortion! // 10

Reliability & Durability: I would use it without backup, and I think it will be by my side for many years to come! // 10

Overall Impression: Probably the best solid state around, it just should have some effects! // 10

More Fender reviews rating category latest review
+ American Telecaster Plus Deluxe Version II 8.2 Electric Guitars 10/07/2014