Stage 160 Review

manufacturer: Fender date: 06/07/2004 category: Guitar Amplifiers
Fender: Stage 160
Unleash the massive 160 watts of power and feel the sound from the two 12" Celestion speakers explode into your audience.
 9.4
 8.7
review (1) 6 comments vote for this gear:
Stage 160 Reviewed by: gpderek09, on june 07, 2004

Purchased from: guitar center

Features: - 2 channels, clean and o/d - 1 distortion pedal - Each chanel has its own volume, 3 band eq, and adjustable reverb - Ef loop but no head phone jack // 10

Sound: The amp sounds great, it has enough power to fill all sorts of gig rooms w/ 160 watts of awsum power. The amp sometimes can b noisey w/ the drive cranked. I think the amp sounds better louder becuz the presence and tone go up w/ the volume (it sounds like). It dont much like the amps distortion on low volumes becuz it seem somewhat tone less, this is the one and only complant I have about this amp. // 10

Reliability & Durability: The amp has never broken down and nothing has ever gone wrong w/ it. I do think that I would not need a back up when using this amp at a gig, but as by law never go w/o back up. // 10

Overall Impression: I play all types of music and this can match every single one of them when set correctly. I've been playing for about 1 and a half years and am already one of the best guitarest here in town. I have a boss ds-1 pedal, a gibson faded-v, and an ESP M-100 fm. I also have a small Washburn amp in my room for quite practice. If it were stolen I'd save up, again, and get the new DSP version sence they dont make this one n e more. This amp is great, I just wish it had built in fx, tone and presence controls. Besides that, the amp is great. The total package, and at 160 watts, it can make ur head spin at low volumes. // 10

More Fender reviews rating category latest review
+ Super-Sonic Twin 7.2 Guitar Amplifiers 09/25/2014