Super 60 Review

8.2
 8.3
review (1) 3 comments vote for this gear:
Super 60 Reviewed by: GrungeBeatle, on august 13, 2005

Features: A relic of the days of Nirvana and Pearl Jam, this amp was made from 1988 to 1992 and still plays great. This Fender Tube amp features a clean and distorted channel but only one EQ. It also has reverb and presence and a footswitch jack. I'm not to sure about the history of the amp, but I believe the speaker is not the original (12" Celestion). // 8

Sound: I usually use this amp with a Fender Standard Telecaster or a Fender Jag-Stang. Because I've always had a preference for older equipment, this amp fits my style great (punk/hardrock). I mostly use effects pedals but the overdrive channel is very good, especially for those who like to play classic rock. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I've taken this amp to shows on several occasions because my Marshall amp was not available and much to my surprise, it worked amazingly. It is a small amp but it is great for playing clubs. Like I said before, I do not know much about this history of the amp when I got it. It had been sitting in a basement for at least 10 years so the tubes had to be replaced after only 2 or 3 weeks, but besides that, it's fine. // 6

Overall Impression: This amp couldn't fit my hardrock/punk style any better. I've been playing for 4 years, gigging for 2 and this has now become my preference over most solid states I've played (Marshalls, Peaveys, Dean Markley). If this were stolen of lost, I would definately try my hardest to replace it, but due to the fact that it hasn't been made since 1992, it might be hard. The only thing I wish this had was maybe some more effects or a seperate eq for the overdrive channel, but besides that, it's fine. // 8

More Fender reviews rating category latest review
+ EVH Striped Series 9 Electric Guitars 06/30/2015