Legend 3015 Review

review (1) pictures (1) user comments vote for this gear:
Legend 3015 Reviewed by: fendvillag59, on july 29, 2010

Price paid: C$ 600

Purchased from: Triumph Music Canada

Features: This amp was made by Brian Cross in 2009. This is an all tube amp! This is a great blues, classic rock and really anything but metal amp. Very nice FAT tone. It has 2 channels. The first one is you regular clean channel. The second one is exactly the same just with a Drive enabler so in the end you kind of get 3 channels. There is an effects loop in the back with a switch to bypass or engage it. No headphone jack. I like all the features it has, which is pretty much none. There are no built in effects it is just a straight forward amp and I love that. This amp is mainly used in my basement and at small venues. It has more than enough power and can change from 15 to 30w. This is a great tube amp and I got an amazing deal. It usually sells for around the $1700 mark and I got it for $600! // 10

Sound: I am playing a Gibson Les Paul through it and every pickup sounds amazing on it. For blues this is an amazing amp. Through the right cabinet you can get pretty close to a old Bandmaster or Bassman sound. There is absolutely no noise when I am not playing which seems to be a rare find. It has a really nice variety of sound. You can get really FAT blues tones to really BRIGHT classic rock tones. This is because of the Bright and Fat switches on each channel. The Drive channel even pumps out some really nice classic rock distortion. The volume control literally only affects the volume. It gets a little bit more distorted when the volume gets turned up but not too much. That is one of the reasons I love this amp. // 10

Reliability & Durability: It is a brand new amp so yes I would go to a gig without a backup. This amp has never broken down or needed any repairs. // 10

Overall Impression: This is an amazing match to the blues music that I play. I have been playing guitar for 5 years and playing blues for the last 2. I really did the research and was patient when buying this amp. I really did try all the options even way more expensive options and this amp came out on top every time. I would definitely buy it again if it got stolen or lost. I love its tone more than anything else. It is versatile and has an amazing sound quality. I hate that I didn't get one of these earlier in life! My favourite feature is the Drive enabler, giving you 2 channels without drive. I compared it to pretty much every tube amp in every store in my area and this one always had the better sound. I love this amp! // 10

Comments