G-15 Review

manufacturer: Gould date: 12/10/2008 category: Guitar Amplifiers
review (1) 1 comment vote for this gear:
G-15 Reviewed by: SilverSpurs616, on december 10, 2008

Purchased from: Local music store

Features: This amp was made in China, though I don't know the year. I play mainly heavy metal, acoustic and for college I practise improvised blues. It has only the one channel, a headphone jack and no effects/loops. It has the standard gain, treble, middle, bass and volume knobs and an overdrive button. I use this amp at home for basic practise, but not too often. // 7

Sound: I use this with my Ibanez GSZ120 and my electro-acoustics. To be honest, this amp makes any guitar sound bad. There seems to be an insane amount of reverb which makes soloing or any sort of technical riffing difficult. For playing clean blues and gentle acoustic, this may be desired but for anything else it's a pain in the neck. Also there is some sort of sensitivity, lightly touching the strings will make almost as much noise as if you'd used a pick. I know this is not a guitar problem as I've used them on several other amps and it's never happened. There is a constant buzzing sound coming from the amp when it's switched on. The distortion is however rather good, but it's very hard to get a desired tone with the other settings. T his amp can go pretty loud, I've never turned it above 2 while at home. For very small gigs I imagine it could do a semi-decent job. However with the sound problems, I would never use it for such a purpose. For anything other than basic clean blues or songs that use power chords, this amp is a no-go. // 4

Reliability & Durability: IF I were to use this for a small or personal gig, it would do the job but as mentioned the sound is not worth it. The amp has never broken in the year I've had it, it's taken some hard knocks and drops and has dents from that. // 7

Overall Impression: I play heavy metal and sometimes clean blues. This amp is ok for basic rock/metal that doesn't utilise any individual notes as anything like that will just come out sounding muddied. I prefer playing heavy and death metal (Trivium, Arch Enemy ect) and this amp is a very bad match for those styles. This is the only amp I own but I regularly use the college Marshal and Vox. This amp just sounds terrible in comparison. I would recommend this only as a practise amp for beginners on a budget. If it were stolen, I would hunt down the thief and beat them for not stealing it sooner. This truly is a terrible amp. // 4

More Gould reviews rating category latest review
+ ST 6.9 Electric Guitars 08/23/2011