VL-10 Review

manufacturer: Guitar Research date: 08/15/2006 category: Guitar Amplifiers
Guitar Research: VL-10
Here's an amp that can stomp with the big dogs! This 8 watt MINI amp has a 5" speaker, input jack, headphone jack and controls for volume, overdrive, high and low tone.
 7.4
 9.5
 5.2
review (1) 15 comments vote for this gear:
VL-10 Reviewed by: fret13, on august 15, 2006

Features: This amp is made for any thing you want it to play with its clean/distorted channel. This amp has a clean, distorted (button), low, high, and volume (knobs labeled 1-10). It has a headphone jack, input/output and on/off. I wish this model had a built-in tuner and different styles of distortion, ex. aquas. I think it would save money in buying a pedal and tuner. Considering it is my only amp I use it everywhere, it has more than enogh power for me but when I play with my band it could use a bit more. This is only 8" by 8" so it is easy to move from place to place. // 10

Sound: I use a lot of distortion and this has a lot of it so I'm happy with it. Has heavy distortion that is changeable. It is never noisy because seldom do I hear my parents complain about it. It has a lot of variety and can be used with a guitar or bass an infinite variety. The clean settings stay clean no matter how high the volume goes up, as a matter of fact the higher the volume the more it sounds acoustic. The distortion is not brutal at all it's only 15 watts. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I can depend on this thing for band practice but I wouldn't use it in a concert because of it's lack of volume, hence 15 watts. this has never broken down or screwed up I only have trouble with the amp chords that hook up to the guitar but it's not this amps fault it's mine. // 8

Overall Impression: I play all rock and slow rock and could probibly work with country too but I don't play that so I wouldn't know. I've been playing for about a year now and own a guitar (electric) and a bass (electric) and a keyboard that also works well on this. There is nothing I could have asked because it came with my guitar. This is an amazing amp and it is cheap so I would have no problem buying it again. I love the distortion and it's easy to move size, I hate nothing about it. I wish it had different kinds of distortion. // 10

More Guitar Research reviews rating category latest review