HB-20G Review

5.4
review (1) 4 comments vote for this gear:
HB-20G Reviewed by: andrewpledger, on january 23, 2008

Purchased from: Thomann

Features: I mostly play classic rock and metal and this amp suits the styles well. It has 1 clean and 1 OD channel with adjustible gain. It has treble, middle and bass equalisers plus a headphone jack and a line out plug. I only really use this amp in my room for practice (with headphones in) but I have used it playing a jam session and it had plenty of power. It is a solid state amp and has sepreate volume control for OD and clean channels. // 8

Sound: I use a HMBS620TR guitar that came with it and I vary between pickups. When the gain is too high the amp has quite a bit of hiss even when the volume on the guitar is turned down but when you are playing you don't really notice it. The amp can create a wide variety of sounds from classsic rock to black metal but I still feel the need for a multi effects processor. The clean channel is very good and by adjusting the tone on my guitar I can get it to sound almost acoustic. The distrotion on this amp is perfect for black metal but a bit too heavy for lighter styles. // 7

Reliability & Durability: This amp has never broken even after several knocks and I am confident it will last for a good deal longer. If was playing a gig I would be confident without a backup but if I had another amp I would bring it along just in case. The amp has rubber corner protectors that seem to absorb and shocks very well without damaging themselves or the amp itself. // 9

Overall Impression: When played with my HBMS620TR this amp is able to caters for my needs very well. If it was lost or stolen I would by the same one again. The stlying of the amp is very good and it looks like a high qualty amp. The only additon I would make is some basic effects like echo and chorus but that would inevitibly raise the price. // 8

More Harley Benton reviews rating category latest review