H1516 Review

manufacturer: Harmony date: 04/07/2004 category: Guitar Amplifiers
review (1) 2 comments vote for this gear:
H1516 Reviewed by: neuroplay.com, on april 07, 2004

Features: This amp looks like it's 20-30 years old. It's a combo amp that's about a foot wide and a foot and a half tall. I don't know that wattage (It doesn't say on it) but it sounds like a 10-15 watt amp. The only knobs are tone and volume, it's one of those turn the knob to turn on, like radios in some older cars. // 4

Sound: I'm using an Ibanez RG321 custom throough it with humbuckers and single coils, and there's not a lot of difference. It's just an amplifier, nothing else, no effects, not even gain. It's not all that good for playing to music, just for practicing (if you don't mind playing clean). // 6

Reliability & Durability: I wouldn't depend on this at all, even looking at it makes me nervous. I'm not sure how old it is, and sometimes it quits at high volumes. I use it for messing around every once in a while, to get a clean vintage sound, but that's all I would use it for! // 4

Overall Impression: As I said before, it's only good for practicing in small rooms. It's not loud, there's no distortion, and it quits on me when I mess with the knobs. The only good thing is that it has 2 inputs. Other than that it's just an ordinary 20-30 year old amp. // 6

More Harmony reviews rating category latest review
+ H-80H-80-T 6.6 Electric Guitars 04/28/2011