IBZ10 Review

manufacturer: Ibanez date: 07/21/2010 category: Guitar Amplifiers
Ibanez: IBZ10
10 watt guitar amp. 6.5" speaker. 3-band EQ. Switchable boost. Headphone output.
 Reliability & Durability: 5.2
 Features: 5.8
 5.4
 5.5
 5.3
reviews (5) 5 comments vote for this gear:
IBZ10 Reviewed by: Trunx, on march 29, 2006

Purchased from: Tampereen musiikkikauppa

Features: This amp doesn't have many features. I use this amp in my room, because it's not very loud. I play lots of blues, light rock and sometimes classical, but this amp would fit hard rock better, because it's got a schreechy sort of sound. But it wouldn't be good for hard rock either, since it's just too quiet. // 4

Sound: Even though this amp doesn't have many features, it can surprise you with the large variety of sounds that you can make with it. Though the sounds aren't very nice. This amp is too quiet to play with a band. // 3

Reliability & Durability: I would definitely use a backup, because this piece of crap would break down. It's broken down many times before (I've managed to fix it though). I have taken good care of it, so it means that the usually brilliant Ibanez has just constructed a weak little thing. // 2

Overall Impression: I wouldn't buy this again if this would be stolen. I've been playing for a bit less than a year now. I have an electric guitar (an old Ibanez from the '70s), and an Yamaha C40. Because this amp sucks, I play the acoustic C40 allmost the whole time. I love this amp, because it's small, and I hate everything else about it. // 3

IBZ10 Reviewed by: TheSuperman2000, on march 16, 2004

Features: I know this amp (which is about 4 years of age) is only a practice amp and nothing more...but there is not much to go off of from this thing. Its got your run of the mill overdrive switch...but even at best...It's really hard to differentiate any notes coming out of it when thats turned on. But hey, I guess If you're in a rock band who practices without actually listening to their songs...HERE'S AN AMP FOR YOU!!! // 6

Sound: Im using an Ibanez Iceman (which is really sad because the guitar is awesome!!!) on this thing...and without distortion that amp delivers pretty well. But again with it on..EWWWW...it's not even somewhat sorta nice. One thing I can say is that it projects pretty damn well for such a small amp...at least for a practice setting. // 6

Reliability & Durability: Now heres where wear and tear comes into play...Outside of a nob thats missing..this amp has been dropped countless times, on countless surfaces, from countless heigths...AND THE THING STILL WORKS JUST LIKE WHEN I FIRST GOT IT!!!! Kudos for the creators over at Ibanez As for using it as a back-up in a setting other than practice...um I don't think it'd be all the great...unless your in a Jazz band... // 8

Overall Impression: I play rock, roughly in the same genre as Dave Grohl and his band...so this amp is not really meant for me in the first place. However, If I ever need to hear the guitar without distortion, this is a nice amp to plug into. And seeing how Im such a clutz, the fact that it can take a major beating is really nice for someone such as myself. Then again, if it were stolen, outside of a few minutes of pissed, I'd go and get a better amp. If you're really desperate for an amp to practice on and really low on cash, I guess this would be a decent amp to own....but if you have the cash, by a Marshall, or Randall, or something better. // 6

IBZ10 Reviewed by: slashwyldepage, on october 21, 2005

Purchased from: Sam Ash

Features: This amp is good for like practicing in your room, its not loud enough to play along with a drumset with. It's a really good value for the price, and its pretty loud. But if youre planning on using this with percussion, this amp isn't for you. // 8

Sound: I'm running my Ibanez RG321MH with SD humbuckers through this puppy. The amp is really suited for metal/hard rock. It's got a closed back and has great bottom end response (it doesnt shake when your tone is bassy). It has a traditional Ibanez growl to it, and I really like the tone. The distortion is def. made for metal. // 9

Reliability & Durability: The amp seems pretty solid. I've only had it for about a month but it it still has that tight, new amp feel. I wouldn't use it for a gig unless I had no other option, and even then I would mic it. // 9

Overall Impression: I play mostly metal, and it suits my style greatly. I've had my Line 6 Spider II halfstack for 4 months, and I can tell this will be a good addition to my collection. I do not regret buying this amp, and I really like it. If you're into metal, and you just need a little amp to dick around on, this is for you. The only thing I wish it had was reverb. // 9

IBZ10 Reviewed by: nutinpwnsgibson, on september 29, 2008

Purchased from: friend

Features: I got my IBZ10 for $25 from a guy, but new it would be 60 incase your wondering. I guess it's versatile enough, it's got the gain I need. it has a boost button, which turns on distortion, but I don't know if that counts as two channels. headphones jack (sounds like crap but it's there), no effects loop, and no footswitch jack, which doesnt't really matter since it's just a 10w practice amp. I don't think it would be great for rehearsing with a band, but it works for practicing at home, and that's all I do atm. it's solid state, as you may have guessed, one speaker, and one 3 band EQ. // 7

Sound: I use my HSS affinity Squier with this amp. it's pretty noisy, with the gain at 5, even when I use the humbucker. I play metal (80's Metallica, meshuggah, Opeth, dethklok, Dream Theater, pantera etc) with my bridge pickup and play blues (SRV kind of stuff) with one of the single coils on a low gain setting. the distortion on this amp is extremely fuzzy sounding. the bass sounds ok when it's over 7 at least, the mids are projected decently, but the highs are way too harsh, causing the fuzziness. it sounds kinda like dimebags CFH tone, and I mean that in a bad way. I make it sound a little better by putting the master volume fairly high, the treble around 6 or 7, and I put a pillow over the amp, which makes the treble sound less harsh. my settings for this distorted sound btw are gain at 5, bass at 9, mids at 6, and treble at 7 (but they sound more like theyr at 3 because of the pillow). It's got lots of fizzy gain though, so not enough gain wouldn't be a problem. the cleans are decent, but even at the lowest of volumes, if you listen closely, you can hear some speaker clipping and that sounds pretty bad. another note, the clean channel doesnt't't take distortion stompboxes well, and once my friend ran his DS-1 into it and it sounded just as bad as the amps distortion. then again, this is a $60 amp, and if ur on that low of a budget, you shouldn't even really care about the sound. // 8

Reliability & Durability: I've never had any problems with the amp breaking down or anything like that, but then again, I only really play at low volumes. I would not gig with it, because I would have to turn it all the way up (if it was loud enough) and that would be terrible. // 5

Overall Impression: I guess it's somewhat suited to metal players. I've been playing for 9 months, and it's my only amp, but I'm hoping to get a tube combo soon. I didn't really have a choice of amps to buy, I bought this from someone I know who had a much better amp so he sold it to me for just $25, I guess it was worth it. If it was stolen or lost, it wouldn't be a big deal, seeing as I plan on getting a new amp soon. But if you need a portable amp and are on a tight budget, this is not a bad option. If ur looking for your first amp though, I would save up the extra $40 and take a Roland cube. // 5

IBZ10 Reviewed by: Philly C, on july 21, 2010

Purchased from: All Star Guitar

Features: I have no idea what year this amp is, all I know is it is a really great practice amp, or if I want to go Jam with my friends I can just pick it up and go, after unplugging it of course. But it is very weak, but what ca you expect from ten measly watts. Its still loud enough to get your ears ringing in a small room or at least surprise someone in a medium sized one. I don't mess with the EQ settings, and it has a little OD (overdrive not overdose) button that turns on this ok distortion sound, I avoid that. I already have a good sized amp in my room, I just take this with me to Jam with friends. // 4

Sound: I generally use this with my Jackson DK2M running passive SD humbuckers, or my Fender Jaguar with Twin Fender made Dragsters. Its tone is crummy, but its clean and clear, when you turn it up it hisses though. The jack is a BITCH I need to force a sock between the corner piece and the jack to keep it held down so that t dosent buzz and crackle. It's super touchy. // 2

Reliability & Durability: NEVER EVER EVER EVVVVEERRRR will I use this on a gig. No one in their right mind would, its not even loud enough for garage punk. But aside from the jack it works the same as it did the day I got it. // 2

Overall Impression: I have been playing guitar for only about 2 years now, I don't play with a band, I don't record, I Jam occasionally with friends, I want to familiarize myself thoroughly with the instrument. I write my own songs but I'm still learning. That said this amp dose suit me, its an excellent practice amp. It serves its purpose and it's money well spent. This dosent erase the fact its a shit amp, but it works, at the moment my friend is borrowing it as a replacement for his Fender transistor amp (65 watter I think) it finally crapped out on him. My main amps are a Fender transistor Rumble 100 bass amp for bass and my 100 watt Carvin Vintage guitar amp, with a 12 inch celestion speaker. If I lost it I probably wouldn't notice to be honest. I have another amp I got for the same price that I can carry on my belt that runs on 9Vs. That lil thing has a better OD. // 3

More Ibanez reviews rating category latest review
+ Artcore AFS75T 9.3 Electric Guitars 07/10/2014