IBZ10G Review

manufacturer: Ibanez date: 06/12/2007 category: Guitar Amplifiers
Ibanez: IBZ10G
This 10-watt guitar amplifier provides you with a crunchy distortion that you would expect from a much larger stack. The cabinet has an open back design for your low end response while the 3-band EQ keeps your highs intact.
 Features: 6.7
 6.3
 6.6
 5.9
reviews (6) 17 comments vote for this gear:
IBZ10G Reviewed by: unregistered, on june 06, 2005

Features: My amp was made in 2004. It is good for rock music that I play all the time. It has headphone jack and 2 channels (gain and clean). I wish it had some stuff like echo and a CD input. It is only a practice amp, and I use it in my bedroom. I got the amp it a kit with a GTX40 jet-black guitar (awesome for beginners). // 4

Sound: It sounds good distorted if you like it brutal. I used it with my GTX40 on humbucker. Not much variety here. I played it with AC/DC, but I didn't know how to play then. It sounds like a Roar on Lord Of The Rings. // 4

Reliability & Durability: I cannot depend on this amp. I would never use it in a gig without backup, and probably would use it as a last resort. I have gone through 3 of these amps in about 2 months, because they either developed terrible hiss, or just stopped working altogether. One of them made a motorboat sound (not cool). I now have a Peavy Backstage and it is a hell of a lot better than my Ibanez amps. // 2

Overall Impression: I play rock now, but then I just whaled the strings. The amp allowed me to created major dischord because it muddles the sound together. I would probably pay someone to steal it so I could get the insurance money back. I also might just chuck the whole amp out a window to be rid of it. // 2

IBZ10G Reviewed by: blindskater1213, on march 23, 2007

Purchased from: Firehouse Guitars

Features: The Ibanez 10G has 10 watts of output, and a 6.5 inch Power Jam speaker. It has Input, CD In and Headphone jacks. I play mostly rock and metal, and it sounds good, it came with a starter kit and sounds better than most amps in other starter kits. I use this amp in my bedroom and it has plenty of power. I wish it had some effects. // 8

Sound: I am using it with an Ibanez Ijx40 with H/S/S. It sounds good on clean, and the distortion is much better than most amps in a starter kit. It is a little noisy with the gain all of the way up, but not to bad. It has a pretty wide variety of sounds, clean, crunchy, natural overdrive, and heavy distortion. It has Gain, Volume, Bass, Middle and treble knobs. // 8

Reliability & Durability: I have had it over a year, and has yet to fail me. It is a little small to use at a gig, but if I had to, I would without a backup. It seems pretty solid overall, it has no tubes, so you don't need to worry about those. Also the knobs seem to be made well. // 10

Overall Impression: I play rock and metal, and this works well, but if you are a beginner, or don't need a big amp, I would recommend this for any type of music. I have been playing over a year, and this is my only amp, I have played others though. I love the distortion with my DigiTech Death Metal pedal. I compared it with a Squier 10 Watt, and the distortion was horrible. The only thing I wish it had was effects. Overall this is a great begginer, or bedroom amp. // 9

IBZ10G Reviewed by: GeneraLNinja, on december 21, 2005

Features: This amp is bundled with my Ibanez GAX30 Guitar, a small compact suitable for new guitarists. 10W of power is enough, though 15W would of been better. The overdrive effects is really nice as well since most 10W amps don't come with that. // 9

Sound: Using factory Ibanez pickups on my GAX30, the sample presets on the amp require a bridge pickup combo with the exception of the 'clean' setting which requires the centre pickup. The overdrive effects adds this crunchy metal sound, if on a higher tone then it's a sharp metal sound. Its nice to play around with the EQ to define a type of tone you wish you play with. At first the amp was very noisy, I played with a poor quality lead and in the living where alot of electrical interferences with the guitar pickup caused really bad noise. I fixed this by investing in a better lead and playing in a room where there wasn't as much electrical interferences with my guitar pickup. The clean channel works very well and sounds great if correct EQ and volume is used, the distortion though can get nasty and I rarely use it. Its better to invest in a proper effects unit if you are looking for a good overdrive, but if you can't then the amp's own will do you fine. // 7

Reliability & Durability: This amp is just suited for guitar practise or for beginners, I don't recommend it for gig use but it would come in handly if your gig amp broke along with the effects. Mine is still pretty new so theres no damage what so ever, I have banged it around a couple of times but no harm came from that. I also carried it on a trip in a big back pack and it didn't break the knobs or tubes (provided that I took some caution in transporting it). It's really not a good idea to bang your equipment around due to high risk of damage. // 8

Overall Impression: I've played for beginner guitar books and this suited me fine, I play rock and this worked well. This is a new amp (less then 2 months) and in that time it has played along really good. For a 10W amp this has a lot of neat functions that other 10W amps don't have, the overdrive and CD input is handy but it would have wanted more power. I highly recommend this for beginners who are looking for a accompanying them with their electric guitar. // 9

IBZ10G Reviewed by: guitarpunk21, on july 21, 2006

Features: This amp came with the Ibanez GRX-40 package. I mainly play punk, some metal, rock, and some pop punk. It works for the pop punk sound, and a little bit for rock, but personally, I don't think it's that great for metal or punk. Comes with overdrive on the amp, it's not that great though. Has 1 headphone jack, CD in, and bass, middle, and treble equalizers. I use this amp mainly for practice, but right now it also has to work for me at band practices until I can get a better one. It's pretty loud if you turn everything up, but it still is hard to hear over drums and will sound like crap. Personally, I think it needs more power, but it's small, and easy to carry, so that's one plus. // 7

Sound: I'm using the guitar that came in the package, the Ibanez Gio or Gio Ibanez GRX-40. I've also tried my friends Kramer Focus on it. Stock pickups from both guitars. It sounded okay, but nothing too special. As I said earlier, it fits a few of the styles I play, but not as well as I need. I find that the cleans aren't too noisy even with the volume all the way up, but if you push the treble over 0 then it's pretty noisy. The clean channel doesn't get distorted at high settings. It has overdrive, but not distortion, but the overdrive is pretty brutal. If put too loud, it sounds horrid. // 4

Reliability & Durability: I've had this amp for 7 months. Nothing is really wrong with it yet, but it does make some strange noises if it's on too long. This is due to me leaving it on all day sometimes. I would not use this amp at a gig at all. Not loud enough. It's pretty durable, I've dropped it a few times and it still plays and looks fine. // 6

Overall Impression: This is a good starters amp, and my only amp at the time. I've been playing for 7 months, and am looking for a new amp. If this were stolen or lost, I wouldn't buy it, I would get something better, probably the Roland Cube 60 or the Peavey Valveking or the Peavey Transtube Bandit 112. // 5

IBZ10G Reviewed by: sb trogdor, on june 01, 2007

Features: I do not know the year but it is a fairly new amp. It is very small and has 1 channel. This is definitely a practice amp. I am getting a new one soon, and it will help alot. I would reccomend this to a beginner. It cannot get over drums, which is a real dissapointment, and the only effect it has are gain. It does have a headphone jack, and a place to plug in CDs, which is nice, but I wish it had some better effects. It is a stereo amp. For me, Who is starting to play with bands after playing for 4 years, I would like something bigger. I play rock. // 5

Sound: I am playing it with strat, but whenever you pt the gain on, you get an annoying hiss. It suits me somewhat. As I said, I play rock. It can get loud if you want it to, but I would not reccomend this because it will damage the amp. It is good for indoor playing. It does not have much variety of sounds it can make, and I reccomend buying a distortion pedal with it. The channel is clean at high volumes, and if you want it brutal, you can get brutal. It will hiss though if the gain is on. // 7

Reliability & Durability: This is a VERY reliable amp. I have not need to do anything to it since I got it 4 years ago. Since it is small, I would not even bring it to a gig, but if I did, I would not need backup. It can take a lot of neglect, and does not need tubes replace because obviously it not a tube amp. // 10

Overall Impression: For beginning rockers, this is the amp for you! I have been playin for 4 years now and I own a dance electra distortion pedal, a fnder cyclone guitar, and a Dean playmate guitar, plus tuners etc. I do not wish I had asked anything before buying this. I would buy a bigger amp if it were lost or stolen, preferably a tube amp, but hopefully that will never happen. I love the fact that it is so portable. ifyou are going to a friends house just to screw around, than this amp will do well. I hate the size. // 7

IBZ10G Reviewed by: Dunjma, on june 12, 2007

Features: The IBZ10G is a practice amp, plain and simply. It doesn't really suite me as I can't get a really heavy distortion on it. The two channels it has are overdrive and clean. To switch channels you have to stop playing and press a tinny button to turn the overdrive on or off so I just use a pedal. It has a headphone jack along with a CD player jack. Really the amp is good but I think the sound could do with a tune up. You can get it really loud but you start hearing things that aren't meant to be amplified when you turn it right the way up. It's pretty solid and can deal with some dropping (I wouldn't recommend it though). // 7

Sound: I like to play with lots of overdrive but when you turn the overdrive up on this amp you hear a lot of background noise and a loud hum. Plus the overdrive doesn't work to great on this amp. The distortion it creates doesn't make it worth considering for anything other than for practicing on your own with in a small room. The equalizer on it is alright, it allows a more distorted sound. The guitar I have is also Ibanez but they don't sound that great together. // 6

Reliability & Durability: I wouldn't use it at a gig for two reasons: it wouldn't be loud enough and the sound isn't too crash hot. I would only use it at agig if I had no other choice. It hasn't ever had anything wrong with it and it's a strong build but it's just not that great an amp. // 6

Overall Impression: There is really only one thing I like about this amp; it's light and compact, therefore is easy to transport. There is only one thing I wish I had asked before buying this amp and that is: "Can I get a different one?" So basicly if it was lost or stolen I would claim insurence and buy a better amp. It really needs a nicer overdrive. It is really a begginers amp, but still has it's uses as a practice amp. // 7

More Ibanez reviews rating category latest review
+ S7521 8 Electric Guitars 11/26/2014