IBZ3 Review

manufacturer: Ibanez date: 12/20/2012 category: Guitar Amplifiers
Ibanez: IBZ3
The amp is pretty great I like the sharp trebbly tone it can give out. I play metal and for the price range its good for an amplifier. If used with a proper pedal\processor it can get a good sound.
 4.6
 3.1
review (1) pictures (2) 9 comments vote for this gear:
IBZ3 Reviewed by: hamza hashmi, on december 20, 2012

Purchased from: olx.com.pk

Features: The amp is pretty great I like the sharp trebbly tone it can give out. I believe it was made in Korea (well duh there's Korean written on the back). It has three band equalization a gain channel and a small boost button, plus the amp is 24 watt which is loud enough for jamming with friends. I play mostly metal with a little bit of blues and rock. The amp can easily power them all (note: I use a Zoom G2.1U for tones), but without the effects processor it would give out a distorted rock tone but you can get a half decent metal tone out of it, but not that great. The amp has a output headphone jack. // 6

Sound: I'm using a Yamaha ERG121C plus Zoom g2.1u, its a strong combination plus a cheap one. For my musical style (judging the amp alone without the processor). It can give me clean rhythms, a nice distorted blues solo, or even a nice distorted rock solo. The equalizers are great and the amount of treble you can get out of this amp its amazing. But metal, nah! The mids are a bit week, and the base is decent as well. I didn't have a case of noisiness its okay in that part. The boost button + the gain knob provides the distortion, it can't get brutal, but for a light distortion it will do the job. // 5

Reliability & Durability: I got the amp second hand (that's why the cheap price 25$=2500pkr rupees). My boost button doesn't works properly because after its stays in boost even after I push the button again, I have to pull the button out. So I can't play with it live, it goes into boost mode anytime it wants. But its durable its got these big rubber pads on its corners which can take a lot of damage. But there is a lot of tear damage on mine, because the skin of the amp is made out of some kind of leather, which can rip easily if it comes into contact with anything sharp. // 7

Overall Impression: I play metal and for the price range its good for an amplifier. If used with a proper pedal\processor it can get a good sound. I honestly use mine as a speaker and let the processor do the tone shaping. It's 24 watt and it can give a powerful output especially if you're jamming with friends or playing in a small band. If it was lost, I would move on although if I were looking for just a cheap amplifier whose only job is to amplify, I would buy it again. The tone is sharp, trebly, clean, that's the best thing about this amp. But anyway its serves it's purpose of being a good cheap amplifier.

// 6

More Ibanez reviews rating category latest review
+ RG140 Roadstar II 9 Electric Guitars 08/21/2014